Photo

Anyone know how to get in to the cockpit?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

NilsOlavThePenguin

NilsOlavThePenguin

Penguin

• 673 posts
I have a flight in 10 days and was wondering if anyone of you know a way to ride the "Cockpit Jumpseat" for the flight. Ive heard if you fly Standby and the flight is full and the captain aproves you can get in to the cockpit and sit in the desired "Cockpit Jumpseat" Anybody here got any methods?

I currently know

1. Pretend its your first time flying and you are afraid the plane will crash and you tell the F/A's you would feel alot better if you knew how the plane is flown (Only gets you in for a short time)
2. Ask at Check in (Works for some airlines)
3. Start crying in the midle of the gate making the pilot come out and offer you to see the cockpit and the mechanics to take you outside for a walkaround, (I Was 4 years old and my dad told me about that Aloha airlines flight where the roof got ripped off.)

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         
I know of 2 ways,
  • Go on a time machine and go back to the 70s when people were less paranoid about flying
  • Get a flight on a small plane meant for general aviation (you wont be in the cockpit, but you will see it :P )

R6 - NSW Airlines

NilsOlavThePenguin

NilsOlavThePenguin

Penguin

• 673 posts
Got any left over plutonium i can borrow for my time machine?

Moldova96

Moldova96

AE Winner

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 2,024 posts
Most airlines do not even let you into the cockpit anymore, you would have to be an airline employee to get into the cockpit. I have managed to go a whole flight in the jumpseats, there was a lot of leg room.

eu30cUI.png

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         

Got any left over plutonium i can borrow for my time machine?

I'll have to take it out of my nuclear bombs. :ph34r: Just a minute!

R6 - NSW Airlines

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
I would just ask the cabin crew, break in by threatening everyone with a bomb strapped to your waist and a butterfly knife in your hand. That method always tends to get some results

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,364 posts

I would just ask the cabin crew, break in by threatening everyone with a bomb strapped to your waist and a butterfly knife in your hand. That method always tends to get some results

That would also get you a free guided tour of FBI interrogation facilities (or the equivalent if not in the states) :D

Not a bad deal ;)

mariowebbocious

mariowebbocious

King Julian Wannabe

• 346 posts

User's Awards

play FSX. you'll automatically stay in the cockpit.
:whistling:

KJ1.jpg

No, you're not home. You're flying with us.

Mr Tree

Mr Tree

AE Addict

• 886 posts
I'll be joining you there Jake! :P

Delta-Northwest

Delta-Northwest

AE Viking!

• Data Manager
  • 705 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Most airlines do not even let you into the cockpit anymore, you would have to be an airline employee to get into the cockpit. I have managed to go a whole flight in the jumpseats, there was a lot of leg room.

SAS Policy from 2011 states that no one is allowed into the cockpit while the plane is in the air, or engines is running no matter if it is airline employees or other people. :P

Delta-Northwest  :viking: 

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

Moderator and Data Collector

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts

SAS Policy from 2011 states that no one is allowed into the cockpit while the plane is in the air, or engines is running no matter if it is airline employees or other people. :P

Nobody at all? SAS has entirely automated pilot-less aircraft? :P

sagsmall.png

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts

Nobody at all? SAS has entirely automated pilot-less aircraft? :P

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
Wait are we talking about the bar cockpit or the thing on an aircraft?

Spenser

Spenser

Global Forum Moderator/Data Collector

• Veteran
  • 516 posts
Hey Bendikoro,

A real answer to your question is no, an average passenger can't fly jumpseat on a commercial airline. However.........Many people who know the pilot do have access to the jumpseat as long as it is not occupied by another dead heading pilot.

So...unless you know your pilot or copilot enough to ask, no.
Flown in-A319, A320, 717, 737-300, 737-700, 737-800, 757-200, 757-300, 767-200ER, 767-300, 767-300ER, MD-11, MD-82, MD-83, MD-88, MD-90, L-1011 Tristar, DC-10, CRJ-200, CRJ-700, CRJ-900, Dash 8 (100 and 300), Saab 340, ERJ-175

NilsOlavThePenguin

NilsOlavThePenguin

Penguin

• 673 posts
Ill just pray that its one of the pilots my dad know. Hes a SAS employee,

Spenser

Spenser

Global Forum Moderator/Data Collector

• Veteran
  • 516 posts
SAS? Oh well what I posted was for the US. I am not sure about Scandinavia. Haha btw I just flew SAS between Munich and Amsterdam via CPH :D
Flown in-A319, A320, 717, 737-300, 737-700, 737-800, 757-200, 757-300, 767-200ER, 767-300, 767-300ER, MD-11, MD-82, MD-83, MD-88, MD-90, L-1011 Tristar, DC-10, CRJ-200, CRJ-700, CRJ-900, Dash 8 (100 and 300), Saab 340, ERJ-175

NilsOlavThePenguin

NilsOlavThePenguin

Penguin

• 673 posts
Nice.

james767

james767

AE Know It All

• 175 posts
I got in the A380 cockpit when the plane had landed I just spoke to one of the Fight attends and I also tried the SIA 1st class seats.

lshlarson

lshlarson

#1 Railfan

• 928 posts
Back in 2003 (I was 6 years old), I got into the cockpit of a United B757-200, N517UA, flying UA1111 from Hartford, CT to Chicago.
The pilots allowed me to start the taxiing engine (the #2).
^_^
Posted Image

sviridovt

sviridovt

AE King

• 1,512 posts
  • Skype Name:tim.sviridov

Back in 2003 (I was 6 years old), I got into the cockpit of a United B757-200, N517UA, flying UA1111 from Hartford, CT to Chicago.
The pilots allowed me to start the taxiing engine (the #2).
^_^

lucky, I never visited a cockpit (and I am to shy to ask, since its kinda childish to ask to see the cockpit if I am 14 years old :P )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users