Photo

good md 11 replacement

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: good md 11 replacement (64 member(s) have cast votes)

which is a good md 11 replacement

1. boeing 777-200 (36 votes [56.25%])

Percentage of vote: 56.25%

2. boeing 767-400 (16 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Voted other (please specify) (12 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

sviridovt

sviridovt

AE King

• 1,512 posts
  • Skype Name:tim.sviridov
Hello,

I was thinking what i was going to replace my md11's with. So far i came up with these options:

Boeing 777-200, or Boeing 767-400ER

What do you think?

Thanks, Tim.

Ps,333th post

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

767-300ER, but I voted for the 764.
The 763ER has a better fuel/pax ratio.
The 772 is too big.

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

ccvl

ccvl

AE Know It All

• 105 posts
well in real life DL used 764, AA used 772 and klm will use nextgen planes
FLY ORANGE AE7

jleonnn

jleonnn

AE Know It All

• 123 posts

User's Awards

Guess it depends on the demand on the route. If it's high, get the 772, if it's low, get the 763

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
The A330 is a good replacement aircraft

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests
Once again, stupid question without any info on your current fleet and any details of what routes these aircraft are likely to be used on

sviridovt

sviridovt

AE King

• 1,512 posts
  • Skype Name:tim.sviridov

767-300ER, but I voted for the 764.
The 763ER has a better fuel/pax ratio.
The 772 is too big.

I like 763 but there are not enough seats though. I take that as a 764 :P

The A330 is a good replacement aircraft

not in terms of passengers

Once again, stupid question without any info on your current fleet and any details of what routes these aircraft are likely to be used on

Once again, a comment by a user who for some reason thinks he is better than everyone here. I find it obvious as to what type of routes you would put it on, but just for you I will tell you; I put it mostly on trans Atlantic, Hawaii-East coast US, Hawaii-Oceania/Asia, and a few transcon flights

chuckmorris

chuckmorris

AE Player

• 91 posts

Just from looking at it, I'm pretty sure he means in general. Get off his back.

Mobeer

Mobeer

AE Luver

• 325 posts

User's Awards

8       2    2   

A330
The -300 is an easy 1 for 1 swap. It carries more passengers a similar distance for less fuel, faster turnaround on short runways. It's even 3 mph faster.
-200 is cheaper to buy but lacks the advantage in capacity. If you are straight swapping for MD-11s then the -200's extra range won't be used.

ah45

ah45

Captain

• 92 posts

Both the 777 and A330 should work well as a replacement. 767 seems somewhat small.

a333sig_zps0c9e23f8.png

mxax-ai

mxax-ai

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 585 posts

User's Awards

3    3      
767-400 lacks a bit the range and the 777-200 is a bit heavy for the job, so I suggest using A330s or nextgen aircraft later on.

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

When having a smaller company without an urge to flood the market, I prefer not to buy MD-11 at all, 767-300ER appears earlier in the game, it's much more economical, it has slightly longer range, and maintenance can be combined with 762 and 764, and their replacement would be 767 again or maybe A330 or 777.... With a somewhat bigger company needing more wide-body planes, in the early 90's I would buy A310-300 rather than MD-11, and If you have a huge company trying to saturate the market then you'll buy all of them anyway and replace them with whatever you can get.

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

I buy MD-11s because they look cool

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Amadeus Inc.

Amadeus Inc.

Group CEO, Amadeus Inc.

• 355 posts

User's Awards

6    7    10    6    2   

I buy MD-11s because they look cool

+1 and also MD-11ER, because the name sounds cool..

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

777 :hmmph:

Randallator

Randallator

Train Fan

• 337 posts

User's Awards

When having a smaller company without an urge to flood the market, I prefer not to buy MD-11 at all, 767-300ER appears earlier in the game, it's much more economical, it has slightly longer range, and maintenance can be combined with 762 and 764, and their replacement would be 767 again or maybe A330 or 777.... With a somewhat bigger company needing more wide-body planes, in the early 90's I would buy A310-300 rather than MD-11, and If you have a huge company trying to saturate the market then you'll buy all of them anyway and replace them with whatever you can get.

777 replacing 767 :/

2rLn142.pngmsg-26818-0-86969200-1392319731.png

#aerlingus&ryanairworldbestairline

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

777 replacing 767 :/

Not the best...

ChrisInSD

ChrisInSD

AE Player

• 31 posts

I know this is old, and I am new to this, but I beg to differ.  The A343 carries more, goes further, and burns less fuel than many of these planes (at least in this game).  Importantly it costs far less.  Maybe I am missing something? 

The MD-11 actually does make sense in one scenario I've figured--if its capacity and range closely match your requirements.  If so, you need to "lease to own" at least 21 units for a decade, and buy out the lease in yr 9-10.  The high depreciation of the plane favors the lease.  With the same money on the table, you will have 3 extra units over an A343 "buy" order (leasing is not advantageous in the same way for the A340, it is too valuable) and the extra revenue will make up for the gas guzzling over the life of the plane.  You can adjust these numbers, but the 21-25ish plane range is the sweet spot (and you need to by at least 21 MD-11s to make it work).  If you need more equipment than that, then the bulk discounts erode this advantage and I'd recommend the A343.

If you compare it to a more expensive plane, like the similarly sized A332, the MD-11 will blow them out of the water on economics (not per flight, but lifetime TCO + earnings per pax since you will simply have more MD-11s in service for the same amount of money).  Who cares about resale if you are going to dump them all in 15 yrs anyway?  Now, if you can fill an A343, you should probably buy that.  If you are flying smaller routes than a 747/340/777 requires, or prefer the higher frequency, then you can do very well with the MD-11.  Especially when you can pick up cheap ones on the used market every now and then to add to your profitable fleet.

The MD-11ER is a different story...but they both do look cool...

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

this thread's like 8 years old lol why

If You're Reading This It's Too Late

Jarkii

Jarkii

Airline Simulation Addict

• 301 posts

User's Awards