Photo

Where is the used aircraft in the three 3.1 Beta worlds ?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

sviridovt

sviridovt

AE King

• 1,512 posts
  • Skype Name:tim.sviridov

This has been abused since the beginning of time...it's a never ending cat and mouse game, and big cheaters are punished appropriately.

Now that you bring it up, I will make it so the random delay on used aircraft also apply to liquidated aircraft at bankruptcy. :)

why not setup some sort of block to prevent buying planes from airlines linked to same forum account, also (which hopefully the forum prevents people registering with the same IP). also why not make starting aircraft have a special registration (perhaps having a letter in the end) and then making it so that if registration contains that letter after bankruptcy or lease terminations, then it doesnt get sold. Of course to make it fair, make so that if the airline owns the plane or leased it off of Used Market then they could sell it (which would indicate that they've been playing for some time because it takes more money to buy planes from lessors then starting cash allows)

conmanflyer

conmanflyer

C

• 246 posts
ok, i thought the whole ip thing is crap! we already went over this, theres people who have family on the same computer/network and play AE from 2 separate accounts. also, yuxi, the liquidated a/c are also known as leased a/c tht were terminated?

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         

I recently ended playing on two of the Beta 3.1 worlds because Airline Empires has
become a 'waste of time' as with all of the games on facebook I play it has become
difficult to keep up with all of them ...

Do you even understand the concept of beta worlds? Fast moving worlds designed to find bugs and test the stability of the server...

R6 - NSW Airlines

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

... perhaps if you changed the game to be like (a airline version of) Railroad Empires
on facebook (Ie restarting the worlds not as mutch / or not at all) so we will
not be constantly restarting (this would also result in LESS abandoned airlines)

I would prefer a AE game that is harder (ie having to research tech's to unlock
levels / aircraft) and DOES NOT CONSTANTLY RESTART !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps if you bother to read the clear warnings about the beta worlds' longevity every time you start an airline in a beta world, you'd pick a more stable world to play in.

And we restarted the beta worlds because they got bogged down and became unplayable for many players, not because we felt like restarting worlds for fun. Would you prefer to play in a world dragging along at 1 day / hour just so it never resets?

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts

conmanflyer

conmanflyer

C

• 246 posts
OMFG! This CRAP has been discussed before, it is NOT the point of the game. And idk who it was, i think it was UN1 who said this might be an idea in the future. But quit ur whining about this, find a new game- airline manager on FACEBOOK

conmanflyer

conmanflyer

C

• 246 posts
OMFG! This CRAP has been discussed before, it is NOT the point of the game. And idk who it was, i think it was UN1 who said this might be an idea in the future. But quit ur whining about this, find a new game- airline manager on FACEBOOK

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         

(and constantly having to 'redo' something puts it at the BOTTOM of the days 'TO-DO LIST')

The original beta game lasted from February to May (to the point where I was bugging Yuxi on and off to reset it), how is that something you need to redo everyday?

What I am looking for is an Airline version of Railroad Empires on Facebook:

Facebook games are crap. Try Railroad Tycoon 3 and see what you think of a real game. :P

1) Having to research airline technology to advance in the game

Since when did airlines research engines/aircraft technology? We like to at least try to be realistic...

2) Having Required Research be done in order to order aircraft
(each aircraft having a list of between one and three Research Items Required)

That makes pretty much no sense and is only a way to slow down exponential growth (which needs to be slowed down anyways, but I'd prefer more realistic ways). Last I checked, airlines in countries that don't have the most advanced technology still order planes from Boeing/Airbus etc.

4) Railroad Empires is NOT a competitive game per-se, it is a game where you are 'competing against yourself'

That removes the point of capitalism in the game and the point of the game itself. All good "empire" simulation games have competition, just like most places in the real world.

5) However instead if you set up ONE game world that never resets and there was no end ordering time limit for aircraft that would work for me; as in the FACEBOOK game RAILROAD EMPIRES I can purchase any Railroad Engine I want to (as long as I have researched the required technologies)

See all the other replies in pretty much any thread you have said this in. They all say that this is not possible. Besides, to remain competitive you need the best aircraft.

R6 - NSW Airlines

sviridovt

sviridovt

AE King

• 1,512 posts

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I recently ended playing on two of the Beta 3.1 worlds because Airline Empires has
become a 'waste of time' as with all of the games on facebook I play it has become
difficult to keep up with all of them ...

... perhaps if you changed the game to be like (a airline version of) Railroad Empires
on facebook (Ie restarting the worlds not as mutch / or not at all) so we will
not be constantly restarting (this would also result in LESS abandoned airlines)

I would prefer a AE game that is harder (ie having to research tech's to unlock
levels / aircraft) and DOES NOT CONSTANTLY RESTART !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, I do not cheat (unless you concider leasing an used aircraft, buying it's lease out
then selling it for a profit cheating ... but I have also lost money on some of those deals)

okay, if you ask people here, I mostly nice to everyone. But can you just shup up! I read a few posts where you posted (didnt respond to them I dont think but I read them). What you are asking for is not only what people that play AE dont want (including myself and many others), but its also impossible. Now if you are willing to pay for a super powerful hosting, then I am sure yuxi will be happy to setup a world just for you, but right now, you are playing a free game, setup for the community and not just for you. And you are requesting to get your own world that not only nobody likes, but that is also impossible. No one forces you to play AE, if you dont like it, dont play it. You suggested the idea, no one (including the devs) liked it, move on already!!! Posting a million posts would not only not help you create your world that you want, but it only annoys others and in the end result would probably just get you banned (or at least thats how it is on my forum, as well as most of the forums). If you like your Railroad Empires so much, great for you. However, that is not how it works in AE. AE is a competitive game where you try and compete against other players, also after a while you get too big and the game looses its competitive feel (although I do like to have longer worlds and replace aircraft and keep my reputation high etc.) I still wouldnt want it to be forever. What you suggested changes the whole concept of the game, you suggested it, it got rejected. Period, end of sentence.

And also, how will that help with less abandoned airlines? Airlines are usually abandoned because there is not enough competition.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
Also, I already said more than once that we are trying to lengthen games from 20 years to 30. 30 game years correspond to 6 real-life months. Many new worlds are already in the 25-30 year range.

In case you haven't noticed, past worlds tended to encounter catastrophic meltdowns after ~30 years. We'll try a 40 or 50 year world when the game economy is sustainable enough to last that long (without losing player interest) and the code stable enough.

None of the above is new information - I'm just repeating what I've posted months ago. Or do you not pay attention unless it's bolded and underlined OR IN ALL CAPS????????????

9M-TKS

9M-TKS

• 888 posts
If he hates AE so much, why's he still wasting his time here?
Posted Image

First to fly - Airbus A350, B787-9 in AE8

sviridovt

sviridovt

AE King

• 1,512 posts

If he hates AE so much, why's he still wasting his time here?

Exactly

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts
I DO NOT HATE AE, I just was having a TIME MANEGMENT problem,

And when I did not have TIME for all of the games I play I thought to myself:

Hmm, what game am I going over and over the same thing multipule times ?

So I eliminated several facebook games (one of whom is beeing shut down by the new owner next month anyways)

Also, I thought about it, and the idea to have one world with 1 day / hour
for those with less time would solve the problem.

... Would you prefer to play in a world dragging along at 1 day / hour just so it never resets?

(Yuxi Quote Edited by me)

I appoligize to those who got upset, as I had a misguided thought that trying to discuss
ways to make AE a better game would be helpfull.

Also yuxi it would be ok with me if you close this thread as this is solved as far as I
am concerned* and anymore disscusion would not be productive as far as the game is concerned

* when I have time to I will play AE, otherwise I wont worry about it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users