Photo

Your favorite airline for economy travel?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

9M-TKS

9M-TKS

• 888 posts
What is your favorite economy class? And why? For me i like Singapore Airlines and Malaysia Airlines'. SQ's seats are really cool and innovative, plus they have a really neat IFE! I like MH for it's spaciousness and legroom (34"!) and it's food
Posted Image

First to fly - Airbus A350, B787-9 in AE8

Manhattan

Manhattan

AE Addict To-Be

• 21 posts
I like JetBlue they have the IFE and very affordable prices, there flights are normally on time and they're timing on flights are very good especially from JFK-RSW left at 7am arrived at 10/11am it gives you the rest of the day to go out.

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests
Well, I certainly know what my least favourite airline for economy is... cough... FR... cough.

Unfortunately, I've only ever really flown with BA short haul, and despite them, in my opinion, being brilliant, I can't really compare it to other carriers. I've flown with the chrter airlines many times; ie. BY, FCA, ZB, TCX, MYT, etc. but then I can't really include them with this. If I can, it doesn't really make much difference, as BA is of course a heck of a lot better!

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

Moderator and Data Collector

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts
I agree, BA has the best economy service (at least out of the UK, and of the airlines I've flown with). Large seat pitch and a good set of amenities, even on the shortest of hops. And sometimes its not too expensive, after you've added the taxes and charges to the FR "low fare" and factor in the fact that you can actually breathe!

My only problem is that they don't fly on certain routes that I have to fly fairly regularly.

A very close second place to BA is CityJet, from AirFranceKLM. It bases in Dublin, Paris and London City. City is an extremely passenger friendly airport as I've mentioned before here.

On the 45 minute flight I took with them, we were seated on a relatively spacious Avro RJ85, given boiled sweets prior to take-off and served a light snack meal (sandwich, biscuit and crisps) and the usual range of drinks. A nice touch was the stewardess coming around with a tray of posh chocolates before landing.

Interestingly, the price of the ticket was about £5-10 more than Ryanair and Easyjet on the same routes, but out of other London airports. I don't mind paying that when it meant I could use a nicer airport and get a far better service, and didn't have to take a train out of London (far more than £10 fare!).

sagsmall.png

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
Aer Lingus!

nice leather seats :rolleyes:

lshlarson

lshlarson

#1 Railfan

• 928 posts
Pretty much..... nothing.
I don't know of any airline that I've really had a "very" good experience with.... well maybe BA (long-haul ONLY as we had a poor experience flying regional) or AirTran.
Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to fly SIA. :furiousbomb: but it's not like they fly to anywhere I need to go regularly!
Posted Image

Andri Arifin

Andri Arifin

AE Addict To-Be

• 23 posts
  • Yahoo ID:andrirfn

User's Awards

5       2      
in Indonesia we have many low fare airlines, an i like Mandala Airlines, they have greatest service

9M-TKS

9M-TKS

• 888 posts
One thing's for sure, Air France is on the bottom of my list. Their service is terrible compared to SQ or MH. Their cabin crew won't even help you with your baggage and don't welcome you onboard. Their boarding pass is plain white too.
Posted Image

Kintaro Rei Freon

Kintaro Rei Freon

Captain of Industry

• 74 posts
The best economy class I've flown in has to be Alaska Airlines; not necessarily for the creature comforts, but for the on-the-ball service. The flight attendants always go up and down the aisles, and can give you all the pop and snacks you want if you ask nicely. Prior to 9/11 and the industry-wide cutbacks, they served some darn good food, too; none of this "six dollar bag of beef jerky that you can get at the store for half as much" bullcrap.

When I was a kid, AirCal had some very good economy class service; especially for an unaccompanied minor flying to Grandma's like I was. They took extra good care of me and I'd always leave the flight with extra pretzels.

SkyWest and Horizon seem too much like they're going through the motions.
Posted Image
Freon Airline Holdings - Butte, Montana USA

9M-TKS

9M-TKS

• 888 posts
With all due respect , I think if you find US airlines economy class good, then you haven't tasted real economy service :P I don't think its right to charge people for pillows or checked bags and even food and drinks.
Posted Image

Virgin Serbia

Virgin Serbia

AE Addict To-Be

• 11 posts
My choice would be Swissair. Excellent service and nice MD-11s. Oh well...

Nowadays my choice would be between Lufthansa and Air Berlin. Air Berlin is supposed to be a LCC, but their service levels are comparable with some legacy carriers i've flown (Including KLM and Air France). And they are always on time. And Lufthansa for being an all-round ok airline with a global network. Nothing special ala Singapore Airlines, but at least you always get the same service - even if you fly to India.

ThePilotGuy

ThePilotGuy

Sometimes here, most of the time not.

• Veteran
  • 140 posts
  • Skype Name:thepilotguy2
I would go with frontier. I don't remember much about that flight (long time ago) but I do remember they had very nice amenities for economy class. (Such as screens on the back of the seats for free).

Superman

Superman

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,507 posts

User's Awards

2    3   
For Me is Airtran Airways. friendly flight attendants, Nice radio stations to listen. On-time flights.

n.x.w.m

n.x.w.m

taiwanball

• Data Collector
  • 2,061 posts
United, No doubt :thumbup:

cUDPatH.jpg

lshlarson

lshlarson

#1 Railfan

• 928 posts

:death2:
United is by far the worst, given what you pay. Paying $2500 for a SFO-EWR Business round trip ticket and being put in coach next to the lav both times is crazy for a hour mainline flight. We're still waiting for our money from United.

check this out: Untied.com
Posted Image

9M-TKS

9M-TKS

• 888 posts

Who are you kidding? UA would probably be my last choice only if I'm desperate. They don't even serve meals on the SIN-HKG sector which lasts 3 hours, and the 747s don't even have PTV. No offense but read my earlier post about US based airlines.
Posted Image

lshlarson

lshlarson

#1 Railfan

• 928 posts

Who are you kidding? UA would probably be my last choice only if I'm desperate. They don't even serve meals on the SIN-HKG sector which lasts 3 hours, and the 747s don't even have PTV. No offense but read my earlier post about US based airlines.

I'd rather canoe from America to Tokyo than take one of UA's non-PTV 744s. Funny thing is, their 741s had PTVs, back when UA was any good. Problem is, my parents have UA Miles :death:
Posted Image

Guest_andre77_*

Guest_andre77_*
  • Guests
Ummm I thing I would Choose Cebu Pacific (I would Not choose Philippine Airlines Cause fares i think are expensive and they dont have Leather seats Even In International Flights O_O) But PAL though has IFE :)

lshlarson

lshlarson

#1 Railfan

• 928 posts

Ummm I thing I would Choose Cebu Pacific (I would Not choose Philippine Airlines Cause fares i think are expensive and they dont have Leather seats Even In International Flights O_O) But PAL though has IFE :)

But Cebu isn't intercontinental , is it? Would you take PAL for intercontinental flights?
Posted Image

Kintaro Rei Freon

Kintaro Rei Freon

Captain of Industry

• 74 posts

As long as you don't pack any musical instruments. :P
Posted Image
Freon Airline Holdings - Butte, Montana USA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users