Wrong Airport

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Zmapper

Zmapper

1500-some days left...

• 437 posts
So awhile ago I wanted to expand my route network with the new E135 I received. So I thought, hey why don't I expand up to Jackson, WY. I saw a full A320 take off from DEN in real life so this route has to have some people flying it. So I bought the gates, started the flight, and then 1 day later it was unprofitable. I wondered why but I didn't think much about it. I then sold the gates and ended the route.

A few days later I thought I might try my luck with that route again. So I went into the gates area and bought a gate at JAN thinking it was Jackson, WY. So I set it up like normal and discovered it was quite profitable. Now today I checked my route map to see where to expand and I saw a line to Mississippi. I never remembered opening a Mississippi flight before! I then clicked on the airport and realized that JAN was Jackson, MS!! The route will be kept because it is quite profitable. Have any of you ever done something similar to what I just did?

Moral of the story is, make sure you're flying into the right airport!

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         
Haha yeah, I wanted to open a flight to San Jose in South America last round in the Beta and I accidentally got gates for the San Jose in California! I didnt notice anything until I looked at my route map and I didnt see a flight to South America (ish), I eventually found out it was a barely used airport in California and I opened tons of flights out of there and it became a hub, I never did open flights to the San Jose in South America for some reason..

R6 - NSW Airlines

9M-TKS

9M-TKS

• 888 posts
Lol when I started flying to Athens I flew to the wrong airport with 0 demand.. Apparantly, there's to Athens. One in....don't know where; one in Greece.
Posted Image

First to fly - Airbus A350, B787-9 in AE8

9M-TKS

9M-TKS

• 888 posts
Lol when I started flying to Athens I flew to the wrong one with 0 demand, apparantly there are two Athens.. The one in Greece and another in _______?
Posted Image

First to fly - Airbus A350, B787-9 in AE8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users