Multiple Airlines?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Federated

Federated

Master of the Route Network

• 10 posts
Looking at US rankings (by profit) it seem overwhelmingly clear that 2 players have most of the airlines in the 1-10 spot. Similar logos, similar IATA codes — for instance —
Rank IATA Name/No.
4 P. PumpkinAir
13 .5 MidwestExpress

and

11 ZM ZmapperAirways
12 OW NSW Airlines

- are obviously run by the same person. In fact, it seems most of AAA alliance is run by the same person, and the same seems is true for WOW alliance. In all the 42 active players in SIM2, I would say that 60% of all those airlines are controlled by just two or perhaps three people.

Is this OK to do? It was my understanding this was cheating?

I have had many airlines on this game, but I play by the rules and only run one at a time. I think that those of us that do play fairly are getting the short end of the stick, and that the admins really ought' to consider that if they want us to start paying for premium game features.

FLY WITH THE LEADER — FLY FEDERATED!™

FEDERATED AIRLINES is a member of the EMPERION GLOBAL TRAVEL NETWORK

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         
I can safely say that I know three of the airlines CEO on other websites (Simtropolis) and that there are four different people running those four airlines. I am not saying that I run only one airline, I run four all of them are based in completely different countries (NSW Airlines is in DFW, NorthJet is in YYC, China Southeastern is in HKG and Las Palmas International is in MAD) and none of those airlines run the same routes. And no, not all of the airlines in AAA is run by the same person, in fact only three of my airlines are in it.

R6 - NSW Airlines

DTP

DTP

• 1 posts
I run PumpkinAir, and did so before the server was reset as well. I know the person who runs MidwestExpress from another site, but I'm pretty sure we're not the same person. :)

On what, exactly are you basing your assumption that we are the same person?
Neither of us have logos, I picked "P." as my IATA code because every other combination of P and another letter was taken apparently, and we aren't even in the same alliance.

Ntq$310

Ntq$310

• 1 posts
I run Midwest Express, and I failed to notice that me and DTP are same person :);)

Moldova96

Moldova96

AE Winner

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 2,024 posts
I run AAA and I am annoyed that you would think that our members would cheat. un1 only has multiple airlines for the shear pleasure of the game and that only around 15% of all sim2 airlines are run by the same person or people.

eu30cUI.png

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         

un1 only has multiple airlines for the shear pleasure of the game

Yeah that's true, but I am not the only one! I am the only one who admits I have multiple airlines! I know 6 other people who have 2 or more airlines (I know two that have 4 and more, not including me).

R6 - NSW Airlines

Moldova96

Moldova96

AE Winner

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 2,024 posts
I will admit having two in Sim2 Beta but that is only through shear enjoyment of the game.

eu30cUI.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users