- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
August 4th now. :D I think the time script has needed a kick start every time AE has switched servers. Hopefully this is the last time.

@ Miller - I hope you will implement a way to let us addicts donate to keep AE going. If not that, then how about giving us a way to send you beer money. :P

Pathos

Pathos

• 22 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:imshandon@aol.com
personally I think it is a wonderful idea for the reset!! Thanks for your hard work miller!!!!

Yukawa

Yukawa

• 20 posts
  • ICQ Number:36054106

Originally posted by Jevans19

Originally posted by Maestro69
And Diego, dont think u will be able to change ur airline name when the reset happens. U keep the same as before!!!!!

Unless he's willing to file for bankruptcy now, then he will be able to change his name, and I think that name would stick after the reset.

can anybody confirm that? is it possible to change the airline name when filing bankruptcy?

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
it is not able to.. would cause to many problems..

dandude22

dandude22

• 33 posts
Glad to hear we're gonna be reset - a level playing field for all!

Canadian

Canadian

AE Luver

• 347 posts
Yes you can change airline name when applying for bankruptcy...my brother did lol

EDIT: Hour script still seems out of whack...its 220pm Eastern time right now and its only on like august 7...about 15 hours ago it was aug 3...

[Edited on 6/4/2005 by AirCanada]

RmTrice

RmTrice

• 255 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:RmTrice07
I changed my name numerous times when I filed for bankruptcy. It worked for me just fine.

tornado

tornado

• 45 posts
I know that some of the veteran AE'ers might not be very happy with what I am about to say, seeing as I'm still a newbie!

But I believe that the reset will be good for the game! There have been a lot of new joins in the last few months (not including downtime), and they are all struggling to get a foothold, as the market could be saturated, depending on the location!

With the reset, everyone will start at the same time in the same circumstances, meaning that the game may be more interesting in the long run!

Just my $0.02!

Sunshine Airways CEO

Sunshine Airways CEO

• 568 posts

User's Awards

5    5      
I see the reset good in a sence that it will (should) bring a greater amount of stability to the game. This is already the third server the game has been on from the reset, second domain name too. The game would be a bit more "fair" in the sence that not everyone made it back on time post domain switch.

As for saturation, there is not a great deal. Sure, ATL and ORD might be saturated to an extent, but you can make more of a profit in another smaller airport. Sure, it might now sound that there is much of a market on the BUF-TUS route, but it could provide a greater profit than flying the ATL-ORD route with 1520 seats already on it.

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts
"With the reset, everyone will start at the same time in the same circumstances, meaning that the game may be more interesting in the long run!"

...Untill new accounts are open, then more new airlines will come in complain aobut the need for another reset

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
and no one can complain about starting late :P

Canadian

Canadian

AE Luver

• 347 posts
Mountan Air: Well I signed up when you were in 1st or second place and I never complained about needing a reset lol :P

But if that happens, too bad for them lol...but seriously if you have a good strategy its not too hard to catch up to the big guys lol

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Yes, a level playing field which most newbies have wanted!!!! oh well :D:P

Oh well, just got to say, dont expect me to hold back this time. Hopefully there isnt those mysterious day changes like after the last reset, which set me back just a touch!!!!!!

And Diego, i wasnt shouting. :P :)

Sunshine Airways CEO

Sunshine Airways CEO

• 568 posts

User's Awards

5    5      

Yes, a level playing field which most newbies have wanted!!!! oh well :D:P

its not really a level playing field :P they still don't have the same experiance as the rest

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Well, i know that!!!! :P :D

Jevans19

Jevans19

• 31 posts
Sorry for not cutting it down, my Adobe Photoshop is out of whack right now. But as you can see it allows you to change names, like I am doing.
http://img.photobuck...reenshot289.jpg

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Oh well, didnt know that. Went i went bankrupt when i strated in the first game, i couldnt change airline names, so guess u newbies are lucky in some sense. Though, i like my airline name, pretty original and sounds cool!!!! :P

Jevans19

Jevans19

• 31 posts

Oh well, didnt know that. Went i went bankrupt when i strated in the first game, i couldnt change airline names, so guess u newbies are lucky in some sense. Though, i like my airline name, pretty original and sounds cool!!!! :P

I agree, you have an awesome airline name. Since I had nothing better to do and the reset was coming anyways I decided to change my name and go to a different market lol.

Edit: Although in my new market I wont be like most newbies and fly a stupid prop to its maximum range, nothing over 400nm for me!

[Edited on 6/4/2005 by Jevans19]

Canadian

Canadian

AE Luver

• 347 posts
Be like Rubber Chicken and have nothing but B1900s lol...the planes are cheap and it got him near the top lol

Mexicana757

Mexicana757

• 148 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:dperez757
  • Yahoo ID:trekkerr757
Oooh another reset. At least I know when this one will happen. When the game was reseted last time, I found out like four days later when I logged onto the game.

This reset will set everyone running around. It will be interesting to see what will happen. :D *starts to storm old and new strategies*:P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users