1 hour 8 minutes, I'm disappointed :)

UncleJimbo

UncleJimbo

• 10 posts
LOL - you can't help yourself can you ?

TheNewTeddy

TheNewTeddy

• 5 posts

Last I checked running more than one airline in each game world is not allowed. Yes, a few people do get away with it (I prefer spending time fixing bugs rather than looking through player accounts), but it is against the rules.

To be fair, the three people who invited me into the game each told me they had at least two airlines, and also told me that the others they knew in the game had multiple airlines. Players here have admitted to having more than one as well. I'd be glad to help you moderate this part of the game if you wish as I do have experience in tracking down IP clones, however, and I mean this in the kindest way possible, but I dont think it would be fair for me to close down mine at this point when the others who have admitted to having multiple ones are still being allowed to do so.

edit to add -
if the mods decide I need to close my airlines, I will be willing to do so - but I will need you to ask me to do so. I am new to this game and want to ensure the rules are being evenly applied, and if you ask me directly I certainly hope you ask the others to do the same. I have linked to my "main" airline, the others can go, or perhaps a better idea, I could try to find friends to take them over.

weestrer

weestrer

• 73 posts

User's Awards

3    2      
Do Any one know when the reset will be? Thank you

weestrer

weestrer

• 73 posts

User's Awards

3    2      
The reason I am asking about the reset is because Every route I do are negative income I have no positive income. when I go to create the route it showed on one route an estimated income of 20k and when i imput that it shows -9k thats why I want to know when It will be. Thank you

rotaryspd

rotaryspd

• 78 posts

User's Awards

I think you need to change your airline's model. I have filled 5 A319s in the last day with routes so that each aircraft totalled more than $200,000 daily profit. I'm still finding lots of point-point routes that are generating $50,000-100,000 per flight.

I still have a route that I operate with nearly $1.5 million in daily profit (with a number of flights on it), and another with just over $1 million

weestrer

weestrer

• 73 posts

User's Awards

3    2      
Well I just started my airline up after being out of the game for a while. I don't have the money to buy large aircraft right now and I still should be able to make a profit with a q400.

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         
A reset at this point is not needed, I'll explain why.

Large airports are always crowded (LHR and JFK), where the smaller ones aren't as crowded until after (LGA, LTN etc), I just opened new routes to cities of that size and I am making a huge profit, you just need to know how to look for it, generally medium sized cities are the most profitable at this point (all excluding BHX because of jpgardiners enormous hub there), not large ones.

Another thing to note that as time goes on, large airlines go away because of inactivity, thus increasing profit by tons, gate spaces and freeing up crowded routes.

R6 - NSW Airlines

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         
Any news on the reset? I'm going to start thinking that we do need a reset soon, however there are still profitable spots on the world, and I found most of them (I'm not telling you still).

R6 - NSW Airlines

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         
The only reason why I said that is because I have had 3 people giving up on their airlines because of lack of reset/demand/fun (in fact I inherited another airline from a guy, thats how I know what is profitable and not, oh and jp get ready to make me another logo). I'm starting to loose interest, my NSW Regional is bankrupt because I purchased too many aircraft, LPA Inter is getting too demanding and I want to start brand new (I'm slowly replacing those Tu-204s and Citation Bs too). In fact I've completely shut down my Sim 1 and 3 airlines (and keeping the Sim 2 beta one since I own an alliance, and it is my favourite game but the round has been to glitchy and lasted too long now)

Anyways, the game will be reset and my question is when? I do agree that the market out of some cities isn't huge at all and there is tons of opportunities to make profit (I have a recently purchased CRJ-900 making me 300k), and the longer lasting game certainly adds to the realism and adds new challenges.

R6 - NSW Airlines

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         

and I've just opened a new hub at LHR, which apparently is meant to be unprofitable... yet from what I'm finding, it's stupidly profitable. I opened LHR-CDG with an A320, and it's making 150k with just one flight. Frankly a reset is not needed for a while. You just need to know where to go to make money. And it isn't just Europe either; a friend of mine who runs Middle East Airlines says that his profit in the past week has doubled from 8mil to 16.5mil!

Yes, LHR is my second most profitable hub after Madrid. I run LHR-CDG with a A330-300, very profitable, my fifth most actually. I agree completely that profit is sky rocketing, a few days ago it was at 12 mill for me, now its at 18 mill (or was before I sold my Tu-204s). One thing I don't need is more competition from you in LHR.

I agree with you that I don't want a reset and that having a long lasting game adds to the realism, and I have worked a bit too hard to just give up on my airline, however there will be a reset eventually, and that will probably be soon. I do agree that you have put tons of effort into your airline, and most of the other major airlines have too.

I don't want a reset badly nor do I think that there needs to be one, as large airlines get closed down due to inactivity, profit on their old routes go up and you make more money. It just seems that all the people I know says there needs to be a reset. (Though I will admit that the US and Canada is very flooded and since they all invested in that market that is probably why.)

Also I am curious as to when it will be. :puzzled:

R6 - NSW Airlines

Moldova96

Moldova96

AE Winner

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 2,024 posts
I just gave up on Sim2 as I could not find enough routes out of my base but the problem was my base was not a very major airport. Also I has got fed up of the constant competition from the same airline who I was in a price war with and caused me to loose millions.

eu30cUI.png

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
Nevermind

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         
Its going to be reset eventually and please don't leave.

R6 - NSW Airlines

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         
Not exactly give up, I do love my airline but last round the reset was at year 8 so I've been ready to have a reset for a while now. To solve the problem here, we are going to have to get some sort of compromise, how about year 15 for the reset? (about 28 days)

R6 - NSW Airlines

Moldova96

Moldova96

AE Winner

• 2,024 posts
jpgardener please don't leave you are a great member and the last thing I would want is for a great member to leave. All I could recommend is record down you most profitable routes and start them up first after the reset.

eu30cUI.png

Moldova96

Moldova96

AE Winner

• 2,024 posts
Sorry Ive got a friend with the surname Gardener so I get confused and misread it.

eu30cUI.png

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
Ignore my earlier post - the email notifications I got earlier happened to be the posts asking for a reset and gave me the impression that we needed one. I've changed my mind now that I've looked through all the posts, so let's hold off on the reset for a while. :)

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         
At last, I can commence expansion again, thanks Yuxi! :)

R6 - NSW Airlines

Moldova96

Moldova96

AE Winner

• 2,024 posts
Lets reset around June 1st that gives us another 2 years.

eu30cUI.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users