FEDERATED AIRLINES is a member of the EMPERION GLOBAL TRAVEL NETWORK

Spenser

Spenser

Global Forum Moderator/Data Collector

• Veteran
  • 516 posts

When is the Sim going to be reset?

Hopefully no time soon.
Flown in-A319, A320, 717, 737-300, 737-700, 737-800, 757-200, 757-300, 767-200ER, 767-300, 767-300ER, MD-11, MD-82, MD-83, MD-88, MD-90, L-1011 Tristar, DC-10, CRJ-200, CRJ-700, CRJ-900, Dash 8 (100 and 300), Saab 340, ERJ-175

Federated

Federated

Master of the Route Network

• 10 posts
The game is maxed out on most long haul routes, it's year 9, it's flooded with users that have 4 and 9 airlines...some even competing with each other on the same route!

It's about time...

FLY WITH THE LEADER — FLY FEDERATED!™

rotaryspd

rotaryspd

• 78 posts

User's Awards

I beg to differ...I'm still growing very much in my main hub. I'm also branching out with ample opportunities to expand. I know of at least 10 long hauls that have NO ONE serving them.

I'm really with Spenser on this one. And shouldn't there be a rule about multiple airlines per IP? ...er isn't there one?

Federated

Federated

• 10 posts
Yeah there is but people still have more than one airline...and you and spencer have been pushing for it hard, but its really time to reset...

rotaryspd

rotaryspd

• 78 posts

User's Awards

It really seems premature when I'm still growing with ease with no end in sight. My guess is that you're bummed out after your airline collapsed and don't want to go alone from square 1. It's not too hard, I only discovered this game at the end of year 6 and I'm now among the top US domestic carriers.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Thought it was one person per airline... couldnt operate more than 1 airline

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

Spenser

Spenser

Global Forum Moderator/Data Collector

• Veteran
  • 516 posts

I beg to differ...I'm still growing very much in my main hub. I'm also branching out with ample opportunities to expand. I know of at least 10 long hauls that have NO ONE serving them.

I'm really with Spenser on this one. And shouldn't there be a rule about multiple airlines per IP? ...er isn't there one?

There is but how do you enforce it?
Flown in-A319, A320, 717, 737-300, 737-700, 737-800, 757-200, 757-300, 767-200ER, 767-300, 767-300ER, MD-11, MD-82, MD-83, MD-88, MD-90, L-1011 Tristar, DC-10, CRJ-200, CRJ-700, CRJ-900, Dash 8 (100 and 300), Saab 340, ERJ-175

Federated

Federated

• 10 posts
I'm not bitter or anything, in fact I built Federated up to 4th US carrier, but its also time for a reset...

and yes there are obviously people running more than one airline...

kfcheong

kfcheong

• 11 posts
wat's the advantage of operating more than 1 airline?

rotaryspd

rotaryspd

• 78 posts

User's Awards

You could do price wars without penalizing your main airline. You could monopolize routes with 2x the purchasing power. You could purchase aircraft and sell them from one airline to the other to effectively double your delivery rate. You could attack your competators routes at their main hubs while not affecting growth at your main hub....the list goes on

Some perspective on a reset:

Rotary Airlines (mine) started in Year 6 and is now the #2 US domestic carrier (briefly pushed out askew for #1 and I plan on doing so again). 8 of my 10 most profitable routes were created during the last few days with new aircraft orders. I'm milling around at #55 or so on the valuation ranking and climbing quickly (1-2 places per day)

kfcheong

kfcheong

• 11 posts
I'm hoping that the game is resetted as well. I find myself entering the game too late, and find it hard to expand. I can't even build a hub, which is sad...

rotaryspd

rotaryspd

• 78 posts

User's Awards

I found a late entry to the game (in year 7) was absolutely no barrier at all to a successful airline. I'm currently vying for the #1 US Domestic carrier. Of course, I did need one practice attempt to see how the game worked and declared bankruptcy within 2 days of beginning to play.

But I would like to reiterate what jp said...why should we throw away our hard work just because you want to glean profit from any outlandish route you can think up?

And actually, I think it would be a blast to do a startup airline in a flooded market so you could mirror southwest, frontier, or jet blue type networks. Unfortunately, we're still a long way off from any type of flooding.

Also, there's nothing stopping you from muscling your way into markets with price wars. I entered ATL-ORD, and ATL-MCO this way and now have VERY profitable routes to those cities. Granted, it is much easier to emerge victorious from a price war when one of the cities is a hub.

TheNewTeddy

TheNewTeddy

• 5 posts
I didn't know we were allows more than one airline, I started two new ones myself, but I will keep all my airlines separate (I wont even fly to/from the same region another one is in - I dont want no trouble)

Anyway, One of the ones I started yesterday is already at 500k per day profit. If your playing strategy (IE all long haul all the time) is failing, perhaps it is time to change your strategy. Take a look at my original airline (started in year 7 I think) http://ae.simulation...hp?player=24930

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,363 posts

I didn't know we were allows more than one airline

Last I checked running more than one airline in each game world is not allowed. Yes, a few people do get away with it (I prefer spending time fixing bugs rather than looking through player accounts), but it is against the rules.

rotaryspd

rotaryspd

• 78 posts

User's Awards

I have a problem with the people abusing the 1 airline only rule. People are already complaining about the saturation on routes. People should not be able to play as two airlines at the expense of those following the rules.

rotaryspd

rotaryspd

• 78 posts

User's Awards

And I just want a fair level playing field.

It is absolutely unfair that you get $60,000,000 to start with and that you have two profit margins to draw from. I could have built up my airline almost twice as quickly with that kind of aid. I mean, you have two cash ballances you can run down to $0 every day and into credit on new orders.

Not to mention that your gate usage is excessive in a game with very limited gate availability.

And by splitting regional and mainline services you are denying your load factors the connecting passengers.

I agree it would be nice to be able to subdivide your fleet into different operations (I think real life Virgin group is the best example of this), but abusing game rules at the expense of other players is NOT the way to do it.

rotaryspd

rotaryspd

• 78 posts

User's Awards

Well, as you are the one breaking the rules, I'll shift the burden of proof your way. PROVE you are not using your second airline abusively.

Your claims of fair play alone are not "proof" per se. The rule is in place to protect other players from that abuse. Your twisting of facts to suit your purpose does not (in my understanding) provide you with an exeption to the rules.

As it stands, I would consider the following to be an outright abuse:
-2 cash accounts
-2 airlines taking deliveries
-2 airlines competing
-2 airlines blocking others from gates at airports

And, would you mind if I started a second airline to capitalize on these underserved UK regional routes you claim to exist?

Edit: Oh, 1 more item, and probably the most important. Server load. With a site that does not have permenantly open registration....well...no further explanation needed. See the "routes backlog" thread for more info on that.

rotaryspd

rotaryspd

• 78 posts

User's Awards

It's all just idle words. As I said, "your claims of fair play alone are not proof". Frankly, if you didn't follow the rule about duplicate airlines, why should we think you'd stick to these guidelines you've (supposedly) set for yourself?

The route backlog seems like a load of crap to you because you don't understand the game (which is particularly troubling since you claim that your second airline isn't affecting the game adversely...suggesting you understand the workings). The route server (shows "Routes in Server Que" on routes page) is what updates other airlines routes that you share. i.e. if you have an LHR-CDG route and I add one, it will change your load factors based on the updated ticket prices. This is currently backlogged with some 7500 rotues...in normal operations, this seems to be somewhere less than 5.

UncleJimbo

UncleJimbo

• 10 posts

a. not really flown by other airlines, so i am not adding competition and reducing their profits

I do. Really. More than you.

b. i do not have loads of flights from my mainline's competitors hubs. my regional airline only has hubs at smaller airports like EMA, LPL, LBA, etc. Not many people use these airports, so how exactly can i be 'abusing game rules at the expense of other players?'

All my hubs.

If you want to open Uk regional routes (not that you'll make any money; I'm not!)

In the real world that would be regarded as anti-competitive.

Oh, and regarding routes backlog, what exactly is that anyway?

Back to asking stupid questions are we ?

I will be surprised if you don't comeback spouting off some more drivel within the hour :ssleepy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users