Photo

Routes backlog

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

UncleJimbo

UncleJimbo

• 10 posts
The past few days I've seen there's a lot of routes (3300+) in the queue. Has something stopped working and is the backlog going to get cleared ?
J

rotaryspd

rotaryspd

• 78 posts

User's Awards

Yeah, as best I can figure, its what updates your routes when someone else adds or removes flights to the same route. This being down has very seriously affected my ability to drive competition off of my routes with price wars.

UncleJimbo

UncleJimbo

• 10 posts

Yeah, as best I can figure, its what updates your routes when someone else adds or removes flights to the same route.

That's my understanding of it. If it gets fixed will everyone's profit take a sudden and steep nosedive ...?

This being down has very seriously affected my ability to drive competition off of my routes with price wars.

Not that anyone would do such a thing :)

J

rotaryspd

rotaryspd

• 78 posts

User's Awards

I noticed that some of my flights today look like they've been updated. Currently, the route server is showing 4673 in que. That's higher (I think) than when I last checked last night, but if it goes down from there, we'll know it's working.

rotaryspd

rotaryspd

• 78 posts

User's Awards

Horray, it looks to be updating. I have had one of my flights update in the last hour and 4 in the last day. Today I noticed it peak at 4809 and now it shows 4805

Edit: 4802.... let the attrition begin....

UncleJimbo

UncleJimbo

• 10 posts
Now at 7500 and still climbing :thumbdown:
Time to give up ? It's no fun when you can't wipe out other's profits :)

rotaryspd

rotaryspd

• 78 posts

User's Awards

Not that anyone would do such a thing :)

J

*scratches head*

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,364 posts
Does it decrease at all, or is it completely stuck (and increasing)?

Anyway, I'm not familiar with the route server setup on sim2 so I've asked Tobias to take a look at it. Hopefully we'll have an update soon.

UncleJimbo

UncleJimbo

• 10 posts
It does seem to update a few routes occasionally but is being swamped by the number of new ones being added.
J

UncleJimbo

UncleJimbo

• 10 posts

*scratches head*

You lot are hard work !
Google 'tongue in cheek' :)

CyberFlight711

CyberFlight711

• 3 posts
How does the route server work anyway? Does a human need to update it, or should it automatically update? I noticed it was climbing back up again. I'm able to charge crazy prices on routes that I was the first one to occupy, but now there are other airlines on these routes with lower prices, but I still have my profit level and load factor from when I was the sole carrier on the route.

rotaryspd

rotaryspd

• 78 posts

User's Awards

It looks like we're backlogged again.

Cyber, presumably, it's an automatic update of the routes that other players update. I would suspect it is just an automated task on a windows server. i.e. when player updates DEN-PHL, all other 'routes' (game routes that is) sharing this flight route are updated on the server. The route server would count this as 1 route, even if there were 60 different instances of the flight to update.

The server seems to get overwhelmed when an airline sells off the aircraft and shuts down. This happened when Federated stopped flying and again when Great Lakes stopped.

CyberFlight711

CyberFlight711

• 3 posts
Oh ok I see. Thanks for the info. So in theory, the number should start to head back down soon? Its very frustrating when I add new flights and it doesn't affect anyone else on the route.

rotaryspd

rotaryspd

• 78 posts

User's Awards

lol, I understand. All my new routes (with the exception of the YYZ hub...which was a snap decision) are dependant on taking market share away from other airlines.

CyberFlight711

CyberFlight711

• 3 posts
This is getting almost unbearable. The whole point of an Airline Empire is to compete on routes! Can't compete when the competition can't feel any pressure... haha

rotaryspd

rotaryspd

• 78 posts

User's Awards

Yeah, the markets really are flooding now...to the point of overloading the server it seems. And the used aircraft market with 600+ aircraft would seem to indicate that new routes are not particularly profitable.

I wouldn't voice objection to a reset at this point

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users