Photo

COULD WE PLEASE DO SOMETHING!!! ( 2 suggestions )

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Goose96

Goose96

Respected member

• 39 posts
1) In real life United airlines flies large body planes such as B777/B747 and lots of other to many destinations
Eg: IAD - DXB using B777 aircraft and they seem to be making good profit of the route now if you try this in the game you'll barely make a profit using a small B787 some of these route that you cant make a profit off are unreal. In real life A340's are used on routes like
JNB - PER
JNB - JFK
JNB - IAD
But here you wouldnt dream of making a profit on those routes because o the game for some reason, thats why many of us have to resort to B757's for overseas routes
So please could you fix up the demand i beg of you

2) Just to make the game more interesting could you probably make newspaper bulletons that affect routes
Eg: The pope has a speech to make which would probably increase traffic to FCO for some time
OR
A gas leak has happened in Barcelona probably would affect the traffic going to barcelona
:airplaneGT Revolution connecting you worldwide from EWR:airplane

Spenser

Spenser

Global Forum Moderator/Data Collector

• Veteran
  • 516 posts

1) In real life United airlines flies large body planes such as B777/B747 and lots of other to many destinations
Eg: IAD - DXB using B777 aircraft and they seem to be making good profit of the route now if you try this in the game you'll barely make a profit using a small B787 some of these route that you cant make a profit off are unreal. In real life A340's are used on routes like
JNB - PER
JNB - JFK
JNB - IAD
But here you wouldnt dream of making a profit on those routes because o the game for some reason, thats why many of us have to resort to B757's for overseas routes
So please could you fix up the demand i beg of you

2) Just to make the game more interesting could you probably make newspaper bulletons that affect routes
Eg: The pope has a speech to make which would probably increase traffic to FCO for some time
OR
A gas leak has happened in Barcelona probably would affect the traffic going to barcelona

This subject has been brought up several times. I agree with you. I flew from Roanoke to Orlando Sanford with allegiant in a 20 year old MD-83 and I am unable to get profit in a CRJ. I think Orlando Sanford should have just as much demand as Orlando International except with a restriction on gates available for rent. Also, look at Reykjavik-New York/Boston/Orlando/Seattle and even Minneapolis flights in a 757/767. I couldn't imagine flying into KEF in and aircraft bigger than an ERJ-170.

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         
A neat thing to add, is instead of demand per airport, demand per city. That way demand out of London would be the same for all airports, instead of the most demand being at LHR. So it would be profitable to run flights out of LGW to places where it is currently only profitable from LHR. Although with that would bring more airlines to the small airports because of lower gate costs...

I also agree with the above that demand is to high for some airports. It would never be profitable to run YQT-SAN (Thunder Bay to San Diego). But in the game it is profitable to run almost any flight to a large city. In fact in Beta 2 I saw a YQT-LHR flight which would be really unlikely in real life.

However demand for domestic routes are low too, two airlines run YQT to YWG (Thunder Bay to Winnipeg) in real life, one using CRJ-200 and the other using 737-700, in the game I found profit using a Cessna Caravan Grand. Same goes with YQT-YOW.

I think demand for domestic flights should be higher than international flights, and inter regional flights only be profitable from large to large cities or medium to large cities, not medium to medium cities or even small to large cities.

In the game I run LPA-CCS (Las Palmas to Caracas), and LPA to BSB (Brasilia), not to mention those two cities also have non-stop flights to ACE (Lanzarote), those would never ever, ever be profitable in real life. Nor would LPA to LAX which I also run.

However this is just a simulation, not real life. (Oh and I'm talking about Sim 2 here not Sim 3)

R6 - NSW Airlines

Spenser

Spenser

Global Forum Moderator/Data Collector

• Veteran
  • 516 posts

A neat thing to add, is instead of demand per airport, demand per city. That way demand out of London would be the same for all airports, instead of the most demand being at LHR. So it would be profitable to run flights out of LGW to places where it is currently only profitable from LHR. Although with that would bring more airlines to the small airports because of lower gate costs...

I also agree with the above that demand is to high for some airports. It would never be profitable to run YQT-SAN (Thunder Bay to San Diego). But in the game it is profitable to run almost any flight to a large city. In fact in Beta 2 I saw a YQT-LHR flight which would be really unlikely in real life.

However demand for domestic routes are low too, two airlines run YQT to YWG (Thunder Bay to Winnipeg) in real life, one using CRJ-200 and the other using 737-700, in the game I found profit using a Cessna Caravan Grand. Same goes with YQT-YOW.

I think demand for domestic flights should be higher than international flights, and inter regional flights only be profitable from large to large cities or medium to large cities, not medium to medium cities or even small to large cities.

In the game I run LPA-CCS (Las Palmas to Caracas), and LPA to BSB (Brasilia), not to mention those two cities also have non-stop flights to ACE (Lanzarote), those would never ever, ever be profitable in real life. Nor would LPA to LAX which I also run.

However this is just a simulation, not real life. (Oh and I'm talking about Sim 2 here not Sim 3)

Is the YQT-SAN route operated in a small jet? You could fly say a ERJ-135 or DO 328 Jet on that route. I see too many routes like that. Personally I operate few props (Dash 8 and EMB-110) and they fly routes only shorter that 600 miles. I see Dash 8 400's on routes well over what they fly in real life.

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         

Is the YQT-SAN route operated in a small jet? You could fly say a ERJ-135 or DO 328 Jet on that route. I see too many routes like that. Personally I operate few props (Dash 8 and EMB-110) and they fly routes only shorter that 600 miles. I see Dash 8 400's on routes well over what they fly in real life.

Apparently its in Sim 2 Beta, and I run it... The demand is 55Y per day and I run a CRJ-200 7x Weekly meaning 50Y seats per day. However, that is way to high, even though SAN is my hub in the Beta (which is the whole reason I run it in the first place), and the Hub & Spoke system makes the demand higher, it is still too high. I run more flights out of Toronto (and other destinations from YQT), so I'd expect all passengers to flock there and not to SAN.

I guess the demand simulator can truly never be perfected, because the current way the simulator is made, the amount of yearly passengers affect the demand. So there is demand to go to every city in the world, even if stuff like political issues, wars stop people from traveling there, like in real life.

However, that fact makes it profitable to run larger than normal aircraft on routes, flights like I mentioned above (LPA-CCS, ACE-BSB, LPA-LAX), would never be profitable. In real life, for smaller cities there is demand to go to some cities but not to every where in the world (for example here there is almost no demand to go to Mexico City or Anchorage). Most of the destinations we want to fly to are domestic, if you raise demand on domestic (or in the game regional flights) and lower the demand on inter-regional flights, you could create a bit more of a realistic demand simulation.

Another thing is, that every airport has 5 million added passengers to create profit on routes that with the current simulator would be profitless, but in real life it is profitable, that is also why the Azores wasn't profitable this round because if anyone noticed it was lacking 5 million passengers, thus lowering the demand to travel out of the airport by 5 million passengers.

Then there are also the routes that are lacking passenger demand, such as flights between capitals of country's and large economic centers, which do have a high demand because of the demand simulator on the game, but not high enough, in some cases.

To make a more realistic simulator, you could create levels that a city has from 1 to 10,

Level 1 being a small airport with only demand to a large hub or the capital of the country. A city this size would be Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada.

Level 2 being a slightly larger airport with demand to larger cities in the region that it is in (including any hubs). A city this size would be Erie, Pennsylvania, USA.

Level 3 being even larger, but having enough demand to support an inter-regional flight, as well as enough demand to bring domestic flights to any airport larger than a level 5. A city this size would be Fargo, North Dakota, USA.

Level 4 could be a regional hub type of airport, supporting a few inter-regional flights and domestic flights to another city its size and larger. A city this size would be Chicago Midway, Illinois, USA.

Level 5 could be a small hub, supporting about 5 inter-regional flights and domestic flights to any city at level 3 to level 10. A city this size would be Lisbon, Portugal.

Level 6 would be a large city supporting flights to almost every continent except for Africa if it is in North America or Australia if it is in Europe. A city like this would be Johannesburg, South Africa.

Level 7 would be even larger, supporting a magnitude of domestic flights, to almost every level 2 city. As well quite a few inter-regional flight. A city like this would be Rome, Italy.

Level 8 would be a very large hub with enough demand to run flights to every continent if there is an aircraft with the range. A city like this would be Dallas Fort Worth, Texas, USA.

Level 9 would be an extremely huge airport, with demand to go to almost every 6 city on a different continent, and almost every level 1 city if it is a hub. A city like this would be Chicago O'Hare, Illinois, USA.

Level 10 is the largest it can be, demand to every level 5 city on a different continent, as well to every level 1 city on domestic flights if it is a hub. A airport like this would be LHR or JFK.

Two more levels would be Capital and Large Economic Center, those would provide extra demand to other cities of its type. A city cannot carry both designations, or can carry a level 10 and a Large Economic Center, however Capital and level 10 can both be carried.

Capital status would increase demand to other capital cities and large economic centers, and also have enough demand to have flights to level 1 cities with out it being a hub. A city like this would be Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

Large Economic Center wouldn't be much different, just you couldn't offer domestic flights to a level 1 city without it becoming a hub. To get this it would have to be a non-level 10 airport but still be a major airport in the country. A city like this would be Toronto Pearson, Ontario, Canada.

Sorry for sounding like a broken record and being so long..., but those my suggestions.

R6 - NSW Airlines

Chaostah

Chaostah

• 181 posts
One thing you're forgetting that in real life there are international and domestic barriers that prevent competition with the international markets on routes and that keeps domestic and low-cost carriers in the business. Here, it's impossible.. it WOULD be nice if that was implemented before all the others because it stops the larger players to monopolize the world map and keeps competition in check and also allows for much smaller airlines to come out, hence keeping more players in the game.

DiscoverFRA

DiscoverFRA

Long Time Member

• 296 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:simpleton21j

Also, look at Reykjavik-New York/Boston/Orlando/Seattle and even Minneapolis flights in a 757/767. I couldn't imagine flying into KEF in and aircraft bigger than an ERJ-170.

Actually You Can make Quite a bit of profit at KEF with some A319 and Q400 after playing around with it. I made a huge network out of there a few rounds ago.

ratje79

ratje79

• 11 posts
  • WLM ID:Ralphkastelijn@hotmail.com

Actually You Can make Quite a bit of profit at KEF with some A319 and Q400 after playing around with it. I made a huge network out of there a few rounds ago.

I also made good money out of KEF with using A319's from the most of europe.
never used it as a connecting hub to/from the USA though but can't imagine that it wouldn't work fine as a replacement of the usual hub airports like LHR or CDG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users