Photo

Overpriced used aircarft , What are they thinking ?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

flyhegs

flyhegs

• 296 posts
  • WLM ID:mohamedmomtaz@hotmail.com
I often check the used market for some bargains and ,surprisngley, it is full of overpriced aircrafts .
Who would buy an 2 year old beech for $16,560,000 ?
Or a Q100 for $20,000,000 where just above there is Q400 for 18m (2year old) ?
And at last the cream de la creme 2 dornier 328 for each $25,000,000 with each a value of $10,875,000 . That also gets me to the Question , isn't there a limit for pricing used planes , limited by 50% to 200% of the aircarft value ? The dorniers are well above that !

What do these guys hink (Skyone comes to mind) Do they really believe they are going to sell their aircraft or are they just playing around ?

Salomon

Salomon

• 211 posts
When the aircrafts were placed on the market, the value allowed the owner of the 328 to be sold for 25 million. But since they have been there for a while, the value dropped but the price was not changed.

PacificEcho

PacificEcho

• 91 posts
  • WLM ID:nw03@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:sernick18
they're all idiots.

and there are even bigger idiots out there (those who buy those planes for such a high price)

Timsher

Timsher

Just a ling

• 573 posts
  • WLM ID:Timsher@gmail.com
  • Yahoo ID:Timsher19

Originally posted by PacificEcho
they're all idiots.

and there are even bigger idiots out there (those who buy those planes for such a high price)

"Who is more foolish, the fool or the fool who buys the fool's planes" :o

[Edited on 7/17/2005 by Timsher]

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
first of all, no one will buy the planes so... kinda the seller who is stupid....

marbergi

marbergi

• 15 posts
Quick question? Do you get charged maintenance and other associated costs when you put an aircraft up for sale? If not maybe the person is putting the aircraft on at such an exorbatant price so that no one will buy it, so in reality it is more like storeing the plane until they get enough money for gates or too keep their airline value up while not disposing of planes

[Edited on 17/7/0505 by marbergi]

flyhegs

flyhegs

• 296 posts
Why not operate the aircraft ? why not sell it and use it is money ? Why not just mothball it ? there are plenty of options other then put it for sale withput any buyers !

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
well what it is is a lot of airlines are starting to dump slower, smaller planes in favor of larger, more expensive ones, and my guess is they are trying to use their 1900Ds to finance things like 737s. Although 10mil for a 1900D ? thats more expensive than factory price.

flyhegs

flyhegs

• 296 posts
airline 55 , maybe , but what is the reason if they never get sold ? I doubt anyone wanna get a used beech for above factory price . , and as Salomon said , these planes are mostly longer on the market . Let us just stay :cool: and see them waiting !

Salomon

Salomon

• 211 posts
:o :P None of them are left. I hope they were just deleted by Miller and nobody baught them

aj_n

aj_n

• 75 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:affirmation300
I was noticing this as well, some mentally unstable guy was selling a B1900 for $14 million, while another was selling a Q400 for almost $35 million. Pretty stupid, I always sell my planes at the exact value or below, never above, you won't get your plane sold quick and you are just adding to the oversaturated used market.:o

hpscot08

hpscot08

• 504 posts
Just so you know, if you have a plane in high demand you can sell it for over market value, I just sold a 1 year old q400 for 21 million, 3.5 over market value. It sold in less than 1 and 1/2 hours.

[Edited on 7/18/2005 by hpscot08]

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
I said that was my guess at what they were thinking.

I never said they were good thinkers. Although they could be trying to take advantage of people who don't look at new plane prices.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
There are opportunities on the used market to price some aircraft at a higher value than the aircraft and sell it to make some $$$$.

So, it goes both way, u can either sell it lower or higher than the aircraft value. Now, its just to down to the individual who wished to buy the aircraft to make a decision, in which buy an aircraft which is lower than value but not good or buy something better at a higher price yet not have to wait in the big queue for the aircraft.

paulyingling

paulyingling

• 48 posts
funny i was just thinking about this today.

what about if a plane doesn't sell within 7 days (7 months game time) that it is delisted and the seller has to wait another 7 days to list it again?

at least that would declutter the market

flyhegs

flyhegs

• 296 posts
I think that u can sell airliners above theur value yes , bur more then double the value ! if u sell 10m value airliner , sell it for 10-11,5 Million , i think would be fine to overprice a little .

slannoy

slannoy

• 31 posts
Well i count like this if i want to by an aircraft on the second hand market

there is 10 mounth to have an airbus

with the 10% rule it take now 5 to 6 mouth

5 mounth DOP at 200.000 (minimum to do with a320) is

200.000*20 (4 days to pay gates) = 4.000.000 one mounth

so in 5 mounth =4.000.000*5 = 20.000.000

you can buy it for 6 or 7 millions more and you make a little bit more profit v/s purchasing new aircrafts;)

if i'am supit (maby i am:D) told me.:o:P

flyhegs

flyhegs

• 296 posts
if u find a new A320 for that price . But apart from that i just wanna Know .

HOW do u get 200k out of it ? My A319 gets me barley 100K a month . Even My new Q100 gets me 1k more a month !

slannoy

slannoy

• 31 posts

Originally posted by flyhegs
if u find a new A320 for that price . But apart from that i just wanna Know .

HOW do u get 200k out of it ? My A319 gets me barley 100K a month . Even My new Q100 gets me 1k more a month !

Well i have good routes. It depend of that. but one of my A321 give be minder DOP than an A320.

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747
Sometimes, you could charge a person over the value if their auction bid was higher than the value.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users