Favorite Airline?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,364 posts
I'm not going to make this a poll because there are so many different choices.

What is your favorite airline and why?

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com
EVA Air. Great deluxe business class type service that is not expensive. I always travel with them when on trips to asia.

Best airline ever travelled on was Singapore Airlines, Amsterdam to Auckland, great service and yes those Singapore girls :D
Posted Image

js0907

js0907

• 27 posts
QantasLink (Qantas' Regional Subsidiary): Comfortable Modern Dash 8/B717 Aircraft, Excellent On-time performance, Fantastic Cabin Service and Friendly, Professional and Helpful Crew, Well priced and easy to connect to other oneworld partner flights throughout the world.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
I would highly recommend Singapore Airlines...

Great service, good food, good seat and leg comfort onboard (thought the B747 i flew was still in the old config), great range of movies, music and games while you fly to enjoy and a good network for anyone to connect to.

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

vicentor

vicentor

• 74 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:vicentor1

User's Awards

Jetblue Airways

Great low-cost carrrier (doesn't behave as one), leather seats, PTv's with onboard Direct TV, many destinations in the caribbean, central america and the US mainland. And because it operates the largest Embraer 190 Fleet in the world and Airbus A320. Did I mentioned it is based in JFK? (Pretty good airport for being a low cost carrier).

tlacey

tlacey

Chief Executive Officer

• 49 posts
  • Skype Name:tom.egroup
QF - including QantasLink. Country people with City convenience!

ThePilotGuy

ThePilotGuy

Sometimes here, most of the time not.

• Veteran
  • 140 posts
  • Skype Name:thepilotguy2
American Airlines. I just like them because they are a legacy carrier, I like about all the planes they use, ...even though their prices are horrid. <_<

conmanflyer

conmanflyer

C

• 246 posts
Delta, they are the only ones i ever fly with anymore

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts
Southwest , they might have a limited network and many stops , but it's pretty nice.
1. They use smaller airports = Less traffic and difficulty getting around.
2. SUPER CHEAP! You can get some of the lowest fares of any routes , too bad they don't use Orbitz , KAYAK , or Expedia.
3. Nice Crew = Happy Passengers! :buck:

nWcLJH0.png

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
Aer Lingus:
1. Super quality
2. Irish
3. Use only airbus
4. Not ryanair and Michael Oleary can't get his hands on it ;)

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

Moderator and Data Collector

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts
I've had a few negative experiences with Aer Lingus - mainly on their non-Ireland flights out of LGW (give the crap to the Brits and save the good stuff for the Irish? :P). They felt very LCC!

Why so sure Michael O'Leary can't get involved? I heard (and this is going back 5 years or so ago, when I was in Dublin, so its old info) that there were talks of a sale of Aer Lingus and that Ryanair would be interested. Any news on that? I hope to God they don't! :)

sagsmall.png

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
They scrapped the LCC model
And did you expect they'd give English better service ;)

And yea Michael oleary is trying to buy are lingus but it won't happen

Abas

Abas

AE Player

• 28 posts
  • WLM ID:Zaherbin@chmail.ir
  • Yahoo ID:Abas_zaherbin
i choice Iran air :shifty:
Posted Image

malibubin

malibubin

• 5 posts

User's Awards

Olympic Air!!!

Leafshi

Leafshi

AE Know It All

• 120 posts

User's Awards

2    2   
All my favorite airlines have been bought out or merged, so now I have to go with Delta.

Britannia

Britannia

• 266 posts
NOT!!! Ryanair, especially hearing about that they are charging for toilet paper!

British Airways: service is great, IFEs, I don't know about you guys but I just love BA! And also dont forget its our flag-carrier

My second favourite is when Im in the U.S. it's Southwest because "bags fly free" and I dont know if its the leather seats, the diffrent philosophy, or the no BoB but its just a fine airline and unlike jetBlue (though its a pretty respectible airline itself), Southwest has more destinations and flies to Philadelphia (the city I usually to from Birmingham) unlike jetBlue

uw_ting.png

lshlarson

lshlarson

#1 Railfan

• 928 posts
To be honest, I don't know. I have to fly coach most of the time :furiousbomb:
-United: If flown basically all types that they've had from 747s to CRJs. I prefer non-US airlines which actually serve free food.
-China Airlines/Air China: I flew with them to.... guess where.... Taiwan and China. They actually have decent food for free, but none of the 747s i traveled on had any IFE at all, not even radio. :ranting2:
-AirTran: I like these guys a lot. Flew SFO-ATL-RDU and CLT-ATL-SFO with them 2 years ago. Even though an LCC, probably best US airline i've been on. They have Vitamin Water which I like. No telling how this may change now that Southwest bought them though.
-BA: Flew SFO-LHR-CDG: The WORST landings and takeoffs I have had in my life, a 747 landing at LHR, and the Oxygen masks came down inexplicably because of the impact. But they have good service, they pass through the aisle on the night flight every 30 minutes with juice and water. I like that a lot. Plus they have (and probably no longer have) amenity kits in COACH!!! whoever heard of that!!!

Probably it's a tie between Airtran and BA.
Posted Image

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests
BA still do have amenity kits in 'coach', or economy as we Brits call it (or World Traveller as BA call it!). Admittedly, so do VS, but from my experience, BA's ones are better. Although I am a loyal BA customer, I am so due to the fact BA are far, far superior to it's rivals in terms of quality.

Britannia

Britannia

• 266 posts
Agreed mate :cheers2:

uw_ting.png

Virgin Atlantic

Virgin Atlantic

AE Addict To-Be

• 22 posts
I like Virgin Atlantic they have fantastic service and food for us in the UK and in the USA but they are sadly lousing money because of richard bransons investments into space and virgin blue, america and v australia. A Ryanair are s*** but you do get what you paid for and it is only 1hr to 3hr on a plane full with advertisements that you can only read once and horrible over priced food which once it reachers the back of plane it goes right the way back to the front. And standing seats what a load of *&^%&. But a while back every one used to say easy jet was awful and yes they are still not the best but they have came a long way in the last 2 years from a cheap no frills airline to an airline which is actually very good and is at the same level with some of the medium airlines in the world not like that horrible airline Ryanair which is nearly the biggest in Europe with 257+ aircrafts now and planned to be over 300 next year.

1. Virgin Atlantic
2. British Airways
3. Virgin America
4. Air Canada

10. Easy jet
last. Ryanair
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users