- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Spenser

Spenser

Global Forum Moderator/Data Collector

• Veteran
  • 516 posts
Just wondering, could it be a possibility to have a fuel stop, like say a plane was flying from JFK to LHR and the player had a Reykjavik gate, could he stop there for fuel? This way, the player would have the same profit (minus fuel expense) as he would be if he were flying the route nonstop. This could work by selecting where you are flying from and to, and if the plane does not have enough range, then you could select where you would like to stop for fuel. (stops could be multiple, just as long as you have the gates;))

Remember, this is just a suggestion...

Spenser

AirCruise, Your On Vacation!:airplane
Flown in-A319, A320, 717, 737-300, 737-700, 737-800, 757-200, 757-300, 767-200ER, 767-300, 767-300ER, MD-11, MD-82, MD-83, MD-88, MD-90, L-1011 Tristar, DC-10, CRJ-200, CRJ-700, CRJ-900, Dash 8 (100 and 300), Saab 340, ERJ-175

Delacy

Delacy

mustang sally ceo

• 130 posts
isnt it alredi done just with 2 seperate routes ?
i did lhr to jfk with a cessna 404 with 2 stops
Posted Image

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com
This is already possible.Just pretend you are making fuel stops?
Posted Image

Spenser

Spenser

• Veteran
  • 516 posts

This is already possible.Just pretend you are making fuel stops?

Say you have a 737, and you fly from Denver to LHR. If you stop at say Halifax currently in the game, and continue to London, most likely you are not going to make as much money as you would if you flew nonstop.
Flown in-A319, A320, 717, 737-300, 737-700, 737-800, 757-200, 757-300, 767-200ER, 767-300, 767-300ER, MD-11, MD-82, MD-83, MD-88, MD-90, L-1011 Tristar, DC-10, CRJ-200, CRJ-700, CRJ-900, Dash 8 (100 and 300), Saab 340, ERJ-175

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

Say you have a 737, and you fly from Denver to LHR. If you stop at say Halifax currently in the game, and continue to London, most likely you are not going to make as much money as you would if you flew nonstop.

Well it does not make any sense to fly from Denver to London Heathrow anyway , no stop or otherwise. Unless it's a BBJ or ferry flight in that case just imagine it is :D

And you will not make as much money on a stop over as a direct flight anyway in real life. There are additional costs involved , landing fee's, ATC costs, the additional taxi fuel useage , climb fuel et cetera .... this game does not model everything!

People are trying to suggest micro manageing everything but that's just not possible. You see how much of a problem it is just to get a normal Loadfactor working correctly?
Posted Image

mikhail

mikhail

• 127 posts

Well it does not make any sense to fly from Denver to London Heathrow anyway , no stop or otherwise. Unless it's a BBJ or ferry flight in that case just imagine it is :D

And you will not make as much money on a stop over as a direct flight anyway in real life. There are additional costs involved , landing fee's, ATC costs, the additional taxi fuel useage , climb fuel et cetera .... this game does not model everything!

People are trying to suggest micro manageing everything but that's just not possible. You see how much of a problem it is just to get a normal Loadfactor working correctly?

It usually happens when everyone in comfy within the force... :-)
Air Atlantic International...bringing LUXURY way up high in the sky!!!

BRUMBCA

BRUMBCA

• 40 posts
theres no need for a fuel stop when there are aircraft which are capable of flying much further without stopping :D
sim1: BritishColumbian-Canada's flag carrier.

sim2: Canadian Airways.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Air S

Air S

• 130 posts

Just wondering, could it be a possibility to have a fuel stop, like say a plane was flying from JFK to LHR and the player had a Reykjavik gate, could he stop there for fuel? This way, the player would have the same profit (minus fuel expense) as he would be if he were flying the route nonstop. This could work by selecting where you are flying from and to, and if the plane does not have enough range, then you could select where you would like to stop for fuel. (stops could be multiple, just as long as you have the gates;))

Remember, this is just a suggestion...

Spenser

AirCruise, Your On Vacation!:airplane

I like it!

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

I like it!

And you like it because? It's always easy to say "I like it" or "I don't like it" but without backing that up with a reason it's kinda meaningless?

The whole suggestion does not make sense to me but maybe you can enlighten me? To me you are just wasting turnaround time. For the time it's spent in Reykjavik ik could have flown another 900 km's

And please don't use any if's. Base your comments on the current gameplay.

Thanks!
Posted Image

Air S

Air S

• 130 posts

And you like it because? It's always easy to say "I like it" or "I don't like it" but without backing that up with a reason it's kinda meaningless?

The whole suggestion does not make sense to me but maybe you can enlighten me? To me you are just wasting turnaround time. For the time it's spent in Reykjavik ik could have flown another 900 km's

And please don't use any if's. Base your comments on the current gameplay.

Thanks!

I like it because of four reasons:
1. Many players do not have enough money in the game to buy super-long range aircraft such as the 777-200LR and the A340-500 may not be able to fly longer routes.
2. When this new weekly hour calculation that I have heard about comes in, players will have seven times the number of hours to place their planes on routes. This means that huge routes will be possible. When this comes in, I personally think that players should be allowed stopovers. This would allow players unable to afford large aircraft the chance for long routes.
3. I agree with Spenser (Say you have a 737, and you fly from Denver to LHR. If you stop at say Halifax currently in the game, and continue to London, most likely you are not going to make as much money as you would if you flew nonstop.) A fuel stop would increase profitability on routes such as that one.
4. With certain aircraft (such as the EMB 195 STD) that have short range but lots of seats, it would make sense to allow fuel stops because there are a high number of seats for the aircraft's price. People would be making more money operating this on a route than a more expensive aircraft with fewer seats but larger range.

I would just like to clarify. I am not talking about using this for small aircraft such as the 404. I am talking about small Airbuses and Boeings, and Tupolevs and Anotonovs. This suggestion would help users who operate them.

EDIT: I would like to add that while this game isn't supposed to mimic real life, many airlines use fuel stops. I used to live in Auckland, New Zealand and I flew to London via Los Angeles. The airline did not take on or off any passengers- it just took on more fuel. This fuel stop idea would help airlines fly around the globe.

Spenser

Spenser

• Veteran
  • 516 posts
Just to throw this in there, 7 airlines use Halifax as a fuel stop:D

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
I am sorry but it still does not make sense to me.

Pax will always like to fly the cheapest direct flight. If they can fly on my airline on an a333 cheaper than your 737 and it's direct and it's cheaper they will do that so your 737 will not make money.

The idea is to save money and buy the appropriate aircraft for the route, not code the game around being able to fly a 737 from Lax to Sydney because someone can't afford a larger plane.

What's the problem with you not being able to imagine a fuel stop? It's a virtual game anyway it's only 0,s and 1,s ? As you so point out , it's not real life and the game is not supposed to mimic real life so you kinda blew away your own argument.

Having said all that how would you suggest it works? If I fly from Denver to Heathrow they are two large cities with large PAX values, that is why they make money.

If you now fly from Denver to Halifax you are flying to a destination that hardly has any PAX so the script will give you the profit you deserve on that route. Like you mention you want to designate this a fuel stop, so basically you want the same DOP from your plane that you would get if you could fly your 737 direct to London. Well, that's not fair to the people who do save up and buy the correct aircraft is it?

It's good to have idea's but this i'm afraid would not be able to be implemented.

Just save up and buy the correct plane for the job! You know it makes sense:eureka:
Posted Image

paliair

paliair

• 129 posts
I am only going to say this:

Manage your airline properly and you can fly any route you want :D

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

I am only going to say this:

Manage your airline properly and you can fly any route you want :D

Exactly, but in a way i'm glad no one takes any notice of me otherwise I would have some competiton in this game :D
Posted Image

Jerrian

Jerrian

• 41 posts

I like it because of four reasons:
1. Many players do not have enough money in the game to buy super-long range aircraft such as the 777-200LR and the A340-500 may not be able to fly longer routes.

I would just like to clarify. I am not talking about using this for small aircraft such as the 404. I am talking about small Airbuses and Boeings, and Tupolevs and Anotonovs. This suggestion would help users who operate them.

What if some players don't have any money to buy small Airbuses and Boeings and Tupelovs? Should the users who operate 404s and Piaggios and Jetstreams be excluded from flying LAX-DFW-ATL-BOS-YHZ-REK-ORK-CDG and making the same amount of money as someone flying a 330 LAX-CDG nonstop? That seems really unfair.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

Moderator and Data Collector

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts

What if some players don't have any money to buy small Airbuses and Boeings and Tupelovs? Should the users who operate 404s and Piaggios and Jetstreams be excluded from flying LAX-DFW-ATL-BOS-YHZ-REK-ORK-CDG and making the same amount of money as someone flying a 330 LAX-CDG nonstop? That seems really unfair.

I don't think its unfair. Its the same in real life.
It'd be unfair on the people who've played long enough and saved to earn those bigger jets, such as the A330s.

I wouldn't have a problem with a fuel stop idea, but I think it should only be allowed if the increased cost and decreased favouribility that you'd get in real life.

sagsmall.png

Air S

Air S

• 130 posts

I don't think its unfair. Its the same in real life.
It'd be unfair on the people who've played long enough and saved to earn those bigger jets, such as the A330s.

I wouldn't have a problem with a fuel stop idea, but I think it should only be allowed if the increased cost and decreased favouribility that you'd get in real life.

I totally agree! I would like to add to Jerrian that flying a route from LAX-CDG with 6 fuel stops should not be making the same amount as someone flying the same route nonstop.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

Just to throw this in there, 7 airlines use Halifax as a fuel stop:D

Its because those airlines cant afford the planes to get the amount of passengers flown directly and need to make the fuel stop aka charter airline.

Honestly, there is no point to fuel stops. Why would i want to operate an aircraft and make it stop 2-3 times on the route when i would make less than operating direct? Sure, charter airlines do it, but they do it because they do not have the right aircraft.

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

Delacy

Delacy

mustang sally ceo

• 130 posts
i have stoped it dont make money
Posted Image

Air S

Air S

• 130 posts

Its because those airlines cant afford the planes to get the amount of passengers flown directly and need to make the fuel stop aka charter airline.

Honestly, there is no point to fuel stops. Why would i want to operate an aircraft and make it stop 2-3 times on the route when i would make less than operating direct? Sure, charter airlines do it, but they do it because they do not have the right aircraft.

Thats the point. The whole reason for this suggestion is to allow access to routes for airline who don't have the right aircraft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users