• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com
So, you are saying that if you start out in ZRH and you must return to ZRH before you can make say ZRH to LHR :puzzled:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
Dammmm there you go again beating me to the punch - I need a drink...too much for me....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
  • WLM ID:mail@elchie.eu
Correct, but the difficulty for me the mixed mode with round trips *g* Thats a little bit tricky to code I think. So in general this route should be possible:

- [round] ZRH-TXL
- [one way] TXL-FRA
- [one way] FRA-ZRH
- [round] FRA-LHR

This mixup is a little bit tricky but I will work it out.

And for your suggestion to just put one aircraft one-way on a route, does it include the reversed route? So only one way on one route per airline in total in both directions? Or is a one-way allowed per direction.

So can you make:

- ...some route...
- FCO-AMS (one way)
- AMS-FCO (one way)

or is just

- AMS-FCO *or* FCO-AMS (one way)

allowed?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com

Dammmm there you go again beating me to the punch - I need a drink...too much for me....

hehe, but I think Tobias is making it a little more involved than in needs to be but I may be wrong :-Bang

In any case I'm not just talking about a single plane doing multiple one ways but also having multiple planes doing one ways on the same route. That was my "You already have a one way on this route" message thingy :P
Posted Image

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com

And for your suggestion to just put one aircraft one-way on a route, does it include the reversed route? So only one way on one route per airline in total in both directions? Or is a one-way allowed per direction.

So can you make:

- ...some route...
- FCO-AMS (one way)
- AMS-FCO (one way)

Well, this would also not be allowed in my world.... You should have a return trip ! and not 2 one ways.

In this simulation we do not really model passengers making a one way trip and not coming back I believe although in real life that is certainly possible. I see being allowed to make 1 one way trip on every route. In fact I would go so far as to say only 1 one way trip allowed per aircraft. Although you may want to make an exception for longhaul planes :P
Posted Image

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
Okidoki :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

Well, this would also not be allowed in my world.... You should have a return trip ! and not 2 one ways.

In this simulation we do not really model passengers making a one way trip and not coming back I believe although in real life that is certainly possible. I see being allowed to make 1 one way trip on every route. In fact I would go so far as to say only 1 one way trip allowed per aircraft. Although you may want to make an exception for longhaul planes :P

The has to be a simple way of stopping players just massing on HIGH PROFIT routes, (I mean 10 x A330's) from HND to BCN like has been happening in the past, its not fair as the more they mass the higher their ticket prices go up.

Sure Terminals and Hubs bring in additional PAX but thats where this game in the past few rounds has been annoying, seeing massive Jets on one route. There are close to 500 locations to fly to, not just a handful.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
Implementing a "one airplane on one-way per airline only" feature right know, will test it in few minutes and deploy it to the server :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

gba222

gba222

• 86 posts
Cleverly, I managed to forget the password for my account and couldn't retrieve it as the email address it would be sent to is no longer active. So today I registered a new account, which seemed to work at first, but now no longer does. I'm told that the account does not exist.

Have I missed something here and nobody is able to log in at the moment - or should I go and register yet another new account?

Mdlewry

Mdlewry

Waking Up In Orlando ;)

• 57 posts
One Question: Why are my routes coming up in the RED when i have created them, when they have a Good DOP When i start them?
MDL Atlantic Bringing The World To You.

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
@mdlewry Wait 10 minutes, they will be updated and reach the values seen before, will fix this soon

Remark for myself: 24 hours per day are not enough :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

Remark for myself: 24 hours per day are not enough :P

Did I not say in my PM to you that burning the candle at both ends results in getting toes burnt :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
So included, you can not have than more as one one way trip between two cities. Next up will be the closed routing feature.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maximous

Maximous

• 6 posts
I got confused by everything.

Why don't we make things simple?

1 ac can fly one way route as long as it has enough hours. Example:

BUD-SJI
SJI-FRA
FRA-LYC

Why aircraft has to return to first location? Planing routes like this for one aircraft takes 30 minutes. Imagine Fly Dixie? You can't and that's the point! People like simple and fast.

Mdlewry

Mdlewry

Waking Up In Orlando ;)

• 57 posts
Really Annoying. Still Red.
MDL Atlantic Bringing The World To You.

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

Cleverly, I managed to forget the password for my account and couldn't retrieve it as the email address it would be sent to is no longer active. So today I registered a new account, which seemed to work at first, but now no longer does. I'm told that the account does not exist.

Have I missed something here and nobody is able to log in at the moment - or should I go and register yet another new account?

If you PM David or Tobias Iam sure when either has time that they will reset your password for you.....remember the server moved !!!!

Not all links have been re-established, I messaged Tobias today seeking that he do some sinple housekeeping to correct a lot of missing links....:P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
Kicked off the old server. So http://airlineempires.net/sim2 can not connect to database any longer, please use the new one (http://ae.simulationcloud.net)

This is necessary to prevent users to use the old code without new bugfixes/features. I still waiting for miller to set up a forwarding and give his ok to buy a more rememberable domain for sim2. Sorry for this circumstances.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

weestrer

weestrer

• 73 posts

User's Awards

3    2      
Why do we have to wait till friday for it to start? I already have my routes set up I just want to start expanding and making more money thats what im about.

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
Janice: I will change the links on the new server soon, but I have no access to the old one - this is up to miller, asked him via eMail to do this. But he has moved to Toronto (as far as I know), so he has little bit stress :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

Really Annoying. Still Red.

If you wait till the second server kicks in it will alter, however in early stages, some will stay red till more players enter the system.....go play Xbox for 1/2 an hour and check back....:P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users