102 replies to this topic

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
  • WLM ID:mail@elchie.eu
Hi folks,

due to some strange database problems I have forced a reset of the sim2.

The game time will start again on Friday, 17:00 GMT. Mention one thing: It was a hard reset, so the prices/load factor right now are very low - they will rise with more players activated, so wait until friday. Before starting the time again, I will force the routeserver to recalculate all routes, so we have correct prices and loads.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yycvpr

yycvpr

• 2 posts
I Understand the game will be "un-paused" at 1900 GMT on friday, however
im curious to know when the server will be available for setting up inital routes, and hubs. Are we also getting the q400 and 50mil like last time?

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
You can login in right now and will get 5 Mio and an ATR72/Saab/Q400. So you can set up your routes now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com
Tobias,

Someone already has 2 aircraft. Can we stop this somehow before the game even starts?

Selling / buying planes should not be possible while the game is paused!
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Hi folks,

due to some strange database problems I have forced a reset of the sim2.

The game time will start again on Friday, 17:00 GMT. Mention one thing: It was a hard reset, so the prices/load factor right now are very low - they will rise with more players activated, so wait until friday. Before starting the time again, I will force the routeserver to recalculate all routes, so we have correct prices and loads.

Tobias, I am a little dissopointed that some issues were NOT addressed before opening up the game so players can LOG in again.

1:

Used Aircraft, there are airlines right now that have TWO aircraft, let's face the facts here, its easy for any cheater to make a feeder and release that aircraft onto the used market, WHY if the game is paused can players find used aircraft??????

2:

I have just made my Q400 travel so many miles that I am concerned that it may run out of fuel, I have not exactly worked out the exact millage my one and only Q400 is doing but I have used up all my gates at most of my 7 destination just from my ONE aircraft. The one way routes needs to be addressed?????

Sorry, if I sound harsh, but lets face the facts, right now you can make any aircraft fly that far its a JOKE and with so many routes that they make it will not be long till the game is in another reset state.....Used aircraft, players with Zero Aircraft and others with 2, soon some will have 3 aircraft and we are in puse role.

Getting to become a joke.....:thumbdown:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
These airlines look like feeders

88718002 (22957)

88718003 (22969)

I say we have an invitation only game and be done with this once and for all. Some people can vet potential players.

Can you block their IP address and not just the last 3 numbers do a 100.100.xxx.xxx block on them

Posted Image

airbusA310

airbusA310

• 67 posts

User's Awards

3       4    6   
Wasnt there an inhibiter put in place during the May reset so that no aircraft could be sold during first month of play????
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maximous

Maximous

• 6 posts
Look this: http://ae.simulation...hp?player=23127 Average age: 5.0 years!!!

It is obvious that they are cheating!

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,364 posts

Wasnt there an inhibiter put in place during the May reset so that no aircraft could be sold during first month of play????

Hmm I just tested it and that restriction is still in place. So I dunno how he got that other plane. In any case, this guy has at least 2 accounts (numbered sequentially, conveniently) and will be removed.

airbusA310

airbusA310

• 67 posts

User's Awards

3       4    6   

Hmm I just tested it and that restriction is still in place. So I dunno how he got that other plane. In any case, this guy has at least 2 accounts (numbered sequentially, conveniently) and will be removed.

Humm..maybe he builds them out of spare parts.... think that 2nd plane need to be demolished
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts

1:

Used Aircraft, there are airlines right now that have TWO aircraft, let's face the facts here, its easy for any cheater to make a feeder and release that aircraft onto the used market, WHY if the game is paused can players find used aircraft??????

2:

I have just made my Q400 travel so many miles that I am concerned that it may run out of fuel, I have not exactly worked out the exact millage my one and only Q400 is doing but I have used up all my gates at most of my 7 destination just from my ONE aircraft. The one way routes needs to be addressed?????

Sorry, if I sound harsh, but lets face the facts, right now you can make any aircraft fly that far its a JOKE and with so many routes that they make it will not be long till the game is in another reset state.....Used aircraft, players with Zero Aircraft and others with 2, soon some will have 3 aircraft and we are in puse role.

Getting to become a joke.....:thumbdown:

Hi Janice,

Point 1: I will check how this is possible, but the second aircraft is not a aircraft bought via the used market. Checked the history entrys, every aircraft has only one history-entry right now - a sold and brought aircraft will have at least two entrys (data about the old owner, data about the new one). Thats not the case - but its true, I don't know right now whats going on in this case. There are also no entries in finance-table that the user has bought an ac. So thats definitivly cheating - the user will get banned.

Point 2: I know there are problems with one way. But I see some problems in solving this without a schedule. So in my opinion it should be possible to fly triangles with one-way routes. For example you should be able to plan this flights in sequence:

- FRA-FCO
- FCO-TXL
- TXL-FRA

So this is a closed sequence, should be possible and is ok. Not ok is such an sequence:

- FRA-FCO
- FCO-TXL
- FCO-LHR
- LHR-DUB

Thats not closed, and in this constellation the aircraft has to start two times from FCO, but it will fly only once through Rome. But without a schedule system its difficult to detect illegal one-way-sequences. Know a user creates route per route - single process. So the next problem is: take the legal example from above (FRA/FCO/TXL/FRA). Now the user removes the route FCO-TXL. What will happen now? Should we ground the aircraft and warn the user? Because now it's an illegal constellation.

So I will solve this problem - just give me some ideas. Is ground due to illegal constellation too hard? If not, it will be done very soon!

Bye,

Tobias
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

Look this: http://ae.simulation...hp?player=23127 Average age: 5.0 years!!!

It is obvious that they are cheating!

All your starting aircraft are 5-yrs old....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

Hi Janice,

Point 1: I will check how this is possible, but the second aircraft is not a aircraft bought via the used market. Checked the history entrys, every aircraft has only one history-entry right now - a sold and brought aircraft will have at least two entrys (data about the old owner, data about the new one). Thats not the case - but its true, I don't know right now whats going on in this case. There are also no entries in finance-table that the user has bought an ac. So thats definitivly cheating - the user will get banned.

Point 2: I know there are problems with one way. But I see some problems in solving this without a schedule. So in my opinion it should be possible to fly triangles with one-way routes. For example you should be able to plan this flights in sequence:

- FRA-FCO
- FCO-TXL
- TXL-FRA

So this is a closed sequence, should be possible and is ok. Not ok is such an sequence:

- FRA-FCO
- FCO-TXL
- FCO-LHR
- LHR-DUB

Thats not closed, and in this constellation the aircraft has to start two times from FCO, but it will fly only once through Rome. But without a schedule system its difficult to detect illegal one-way-sequences. Know a user creates route per route - single process. So the next problem is: take the legal example from above (FRA/FCO/TXL/FRA). Now the user removes the route FCO-TXL. What will happen now? Should we ground the aircraft and warn the user? Because now it's an illegal constellation.

So I will solve this problem - just give me some ideas. Is ground due to illegal constellation too hard? If not, it will be done very soon!

Bye,

Tobias

Points notes, just want this reset to become an even playing field, I am sure all honest players seek this simple request.

Below is my Q-400 routes.

While I do understand why players use one way over return due to the DOP gaining more than returns, I am still at a lost and I will look at my block/time/millage/ etc to see if there is issues in why so many routes one aircraft can make.

Oh, the aircraft / route pages look good, like the improvements, I see Alliances and maps are now up, just hope the cloud server keep up to speed.

Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

Nice long explanation :P ...

Bye,

Tobias

Build in a check that looks at one way freq...

Aircraft 1 fly 1 way from FCO - AMS -> Okay!

Airline tries another with same plane , this time return FCO - AMS -> Okay!

Airline tries with another plane return FCO - AMS -> Okay!
Airline tries with the same plane one way FCO - AMS -> "Sorry , only 1x one way allowed per route"
Posted Image

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts
So decided, will integrate the grounded feature. If you plan strange one-way combinations (starting two or more times from an airport you will reach not often enough or you have one-way routes without a closed connection) your air plane will be grounded and fly nowhere unless you solve the problem.

I think this should prevent such strange things happening right know.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

Airline tries with the same plane one way FCO - AMS -> "Sorry , only 1x one way allowed per route"

Dammm it, you took the words from me, carry-on Glennos you got it right......:P

But will add, if you take aircraft number 001 from FCO to AMS and try to make the same route again you have that check in place (Route allready made) just make the aircraft number check to see if the reversed is allowed. (Hope I explained that right)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,364 posts
Another solution is to take an aircraft "offline" to change/add/remove routes, and it won't let you put the plane back online unless the one-way check for physical possibility (can anyone put that in better words?) is passed.

Elchie

Elchie

AE Developer

• Veteran
  • 376 posts

Good idea, but this solved not the other problem:

Right know - yeah I did this for a test last round - you can take an A380 for example and fly a route like ZRH - CGK (Zurich - Jakarta)

If you choose roundtrip the block time is something about 32:xx hours -> impossible to fly within the current day-based system.

If you know set one-way, you have half block time and can set up the route and add some european routes based on ZRH departures. So for example you can construct:

- ONE-WAY ZRH-CGK
- Round-Trip ZRH-TXL

With this "technique" you can fly an range you were not able to if the aircraft has to come back, in this constellation the aircraft flys to Jakarta and comes back magically without time and cost to ZRH for connecting flights.

But in reallife it would stand in CGK and every one is asking "how to get back to ZRH? Jakarta was just one-way!"

So in this case we need to ensure that you have to fly back somehow from CGK to ZRH, so this route would not be possible. But I wont restrict it to roundtrips, because triangle-flights should be supported like:

(all one-way) ZRH-FCO-TXL-LHR-ZRH

This is a legal leg-planning - the aircraft will reach again at ZRH and can start his route-sequence again :P

Is it clear what I mean? :puzzled:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

Dammm it, you took the words from me, carry-on Glennos you got it right......:P

But will add, if you take aircraft number 001 from FCO to AMS and try to make the same route again you have that check in place (Route allready made) just make the aircraft number check to see if the reversed is allowed. (Hope I explained that right)

Well, basically I think there already is a check for that so I added an extra line of unneeded code :) but ... You could simply do a check before an airline add's a route to check for 1 ways, if none okay, if already a one way then not allowed, pretty simple ;-)

This will also stop all those airlines putting thousands of planes on one route :P
Posted Image

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

Good idea, but this solved not the other problem:

Right know - yeah I did this for a test last round - you can take an A380 for example and fly a route like ZRH - CGK (Zurich - Jakarta)

If you choose roundtrip the block time is something about 32:xx hours -> impossible to fly within the current day-based system.

If you know set one-way, you have half block time and can set up the route and add some european routes based on ZRH departures. So for example you can construct:

- ONE-WAY ZRH-CGK
- Round-Trip ZRH-TXL

With this "technique" you can fly an range you were not able to if the aircraft has to come back, in this constellation the aircraft flys to Jakarta and comes back magically without time and cost to ZRH for connecting flights.

But in reallife it would stand in CGK and every one is asking "how to get back to ZRH? Jakarta was just one-way!"

So in this case we need to ensure that you have to fly back somehow from CGK to ZRH, so this route would not be possible. But I wont restrict it to roundtrips, because triangle-flights should be supported like:

(all one-way) ZRH-FCO-TXL-LHR-ZRH

This is a legal leg-planning - the aircraft will reach again at ZRH and can start his route-sequence again :P

Is it clear what I mean? :puzzled:

Okay, so basically you are saying you can have as many one ways as you like as long as they finish at your original starting point :P
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users