- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
I dont know if it would be usefull but how abou being able to fly intercontinental flights across the pacific? for example LAX > PEK without having to fly across europe? and if that couldnt be implemented ( i know its been said a billion times) what about stopovers?What about giving alliances some real meaning like wet leasing gate/terminal sharing, codeshare flights, loans between airlines or a bank, aircraft trading etc.i know this has been said before but this is what i would love in the game.slag away.

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com

I dont know if it would be usefull but how abou being able to fly intercontinental flights across the pacific? for example LAX > PEK without having to fly across europe? and if that couldnt be implemented ( i know its been said a billion times) what about stopovers?What about giving alliances some real meaning like wet leasing gate/terminal sharing, codeshare flights, loans between airlines or a bank, aircraft trading etc.i know this has been said before but this is what i would love in the game.slag away.

The great circle distance between LAX and PEK is 6235 miles you can do this with countless planes that are available in game so I'm not sure what you mean?

You probably are looking at the route map because it goes over Europe, this is logical with a 2D route map like this one. There is no plane at the moment that can fly LAX - PEK eastwards across the US -> Europe -> Russia -> Asia -> Beijing that also does not make any sense.

You other suggestions have indeed been made a billion times before , well billion and 1 now ;-)
Posted Image

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
have any of those ideas actually been thought about or where they just dissmissed? just curious you know

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,363 posts

have any of those ideas actually been thought about or where they just dissmissed? just curious you know

Some of those were already planned, and they are all good ideas. I decided to spend some time fixing bugs before implementing new stuff, and we just haven't gotten to them yet. Unfortunately, I will not have much time to dedicate to developing new features for the next two months, so depending on Tobias's time these things will take a while. :)

paliair

paliair

• 129 posts
Just wondering if you could give a time frame for fixing the LF for the smaller markets?

Thanks for all the hard work.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,363 posts

Just wondering if you could give a time frame for fixing the LF for the smaller markets?

Thanks for all the hard work.

A quick and easy way would be to simply raise the traffic data of small airports, as the demand in game seems to rise exponentially with that data. I will have to consult with Tobias on this, stay tuned :)

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
the lack of profit in small airports is definetly a major problem im glad theres a solution. i dont know alot about programing but is there a way to ease saturation on routes or do we just have to play through it?

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

the lack of profit in small airports is definetly a major problem. i dont know alot about programing but is there a way to ease saturation or do we just have to play through it?

Maybe you didn't read Yuxi's post ?

A quick and easy way would be to simply raise the traffic data of small airports,

Posted Image

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts

Maybe you didn't read Yuxi's post ?

i did read yuxis post and had nothing to do with my second question really?

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,363 posts

the lack of profit in small airports is definetly a major problem im glad theres a solution. i dont know alot about programing but is there a way to ease saturation on routes or do we just have to play through it?

The routes are oversaturated because too many players have to squeeze onto relatively few big routes, and increasing profitability in smaller cities opens up a ton of room for people to branch out instead of dumping more aircraft onto one or two routes.

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts

The routes are oversaturated because too many players have to squeeze onto relatively few big routes, and increasing profitability in smaller cities opens up a ton of room for people to branch out

Yes but more destinations mean higher gate demand at the larger airports (even without the small airports this is a competition in its self) and with the smaller arprts having between 25-50 gates and small runways they wont be able to cope

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
Why don't we just give all medium and Small Airports 50-75000 demand and the others 100,000-400,000?

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

Yes but more destinations mean higher gate demand at the larger airports (even without the small airports this is a competition in its self) and with the smaller arprts having between 25-50 gates and small runways they wont be able to cope

So you see it's not that easy to code he! :)
Posted Image

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
well then talk about walking in circles:D:p

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,363 posts
Alright, I made these changes for now, let's see how it goes:

For airports with traffic between 10m (CMH) and 20m (HNL), increase by 25%.
Between 1m and 10m: increase by 50%.
Less than 1m: increase by 100%.

I know this may not do very much, but I prefer to go in increments instead of making big changes to the economy. :)

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts

Alright, I made these changes for now, let's see how it goes:

For airports with traffic between 10m (CMH) and 20m (HNL), increase by 25%.
Between 1m and 10m: increase by 50%.
Less than 1m: increase by 100%.

I know this may not do very much, but I prefer to go in increments instead of making big changes to the economy. :)

sorry but im reeel slow lol so youll have to put that in simple english

DiscoverFRA

DiscoverFRA

Long Time Member

• 296 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:simpleton21j

sorry but im reeel slow lol so youll have to put that in simple english

HNL or Honolulu International Airport and CMH Port Columbus International Airport are Airports with a traffic level of 10m -20m, airport like these have an addition 25% of Traffic. Other Airports on with 1 -10 m have a traffic increase of 50% Traffic. Other even smaller airport have a traffic increase of 100%. Therefore smaller airports have more traffic/demand as requested. :)

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
whats 10m 2Om mean?

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

whats 10m 2Om mean?

Passengers :eureka:
Posted Image

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,363 posts
Thanks DiscoverFRA. I was in a rush when I posted that and didn't have time to put down too many words. :)

We will continue to raise global traffic levels in small steps and see how it affects ticket prices and profitability.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users