Photo

How to know if you're a plane enthusiast.

* * * * - 5 votes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
211 replies to this topic

ffxxmz

ffxxmz

Air Galicia's CEO and future pilot

• 254 posts

When you check seatguru to configure your seats in AE XD

Guilty :P

RmzvjWC.jpg

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

isn't that what it's meant for?

Most people just pick any random seat. Only recently have I got into the habit. And yes I use seat guru to create my AE configs (cabin length and stuff like that)

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

I look up at the same time every day and see a Delta MD-80 fly overhead.

wgOP4y0.jpg

KINGXyro

KINGXyro

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 579 posts

Most of this is from my experience, but here it goes.

1. You love jet noise.
2. Whenever you hear a roaring/buzzing sound you immediately look up at the sky.
3. You can tell a 767-200 from a -300 at a quick glance.
4. Whenever you take a trip, usually you look forward to the flight more than the destination.
5. On pictures from the said trip a good majority was on the plane you flew.
6. You almost always take a window seat.
7. Aircraft type and airline is a high priority when picking a flight.
8. You can tell the difference between a 747-300 and a 747-400.

Feel free to add on.

I get to the point when I hear/see an aircraft that I take any camera out of my pocket and take a photo of it =P I also tend to record the whole flight so yes I don't sleep when aboard an airplane lol

Attached File  DSCN1768 (Air Asia Airbus A320 #2).png   1.28MB   0 downloads.

When we deplaned I immediately took my camera out and took a picture of this young lady! An Airbus A320-214 from Air Asia Philippines. Well I took so long that the Ramp Agents we're staring at me lol they we're kind enough to let me take photo's.

A220

A220

A220 ftw

• 327 posts

When you know THAT A ****ING TARMAC ISN'T AN APRON OR A RUNWAY FFS NEWS GET IT RIGHT!!!!

BV6atB1.jpg

KINGXyro

KINGXyro

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 579 posts

When you know THAT A ****ING TARMAC ISN'T AN APRON OR A RUNWAY FFS NEWS GET IT RIGHT!!!!

Oh my god lol.. Never encountered a news agency referring to Tarmac as Runway lol Taxiway as Runway would be plausible

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

When you are willing to fly on an inferior airline to get a better aircraft (eg Finnair to fly an A330 rather than Emirates for a 777). Although I do not think there is that significant a difference between the two, especially when price is considered.

kineticcrusher

kineticcrusher

I Am One Of Those Nerds Who Corrects Everyone

• 852 posts

I immediately took my camera out and took a picture of this young lady!

It's a young lady?

People are stupid.

kineticcrusher

kineticcrusher

• 852 posts

I thought it was the other way around (news calls it the tarmac and it's actually the apron).

People are stupid.

kingoftheskies

kingoftheskies

I breathe SQ but not their fares :/

• 377 posts

When you're willing to pay a few extra bucks to fly a circuitous route from A to B instead of directly just to experience a new airline.

xkDm6U0.png

aZ0BcgW.png

MGnazId.png

194wCOY.png

C49JvWP.png

KINGXyro

KINGXyro

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 579 posts

It's a young lady?

Well RP-C3227 is just 13.6 years old. If you mean why I'm referring to it as a "young lady"  well people refers to airplanes as "she" most of the time lol

kineticcrusher

kineticcrusher

• 852 posts

Well RP-C3227 is just 13.6 years old. If you mean why I'm referring to it as a "young lady"  well people refers to airplanes as "she" most of the time lol

Which isn't really politically correct. Some people could say that calling vessels "she" could be sexist.

People are stupid.

KINGXyro

KINGXyro

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 579 posts

Which isn't really politically correct. Some people could say that calling vessels "she" could be sexist.

Ahh one of those easily offended by everything people? meh who cares about them..I don't have sexist intentions of referring to planes as "she"

kineticcrusher

kineticcrusher

• 852 posts

Ahh one of those easily offended by everything people? meh who cares about them..I don't have sexist intentions of referring to planes as "she"

You should care about everybody. One of the steps to stopping the world's path to destruction is to listen to opinions and accept the diversity of different people's mindsets.

People are stupid.

KINGXyro

KINGXyro

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 579 posts

You should care about everybody. One of the steps to stopping the world's path to destruction is to listen to opinions and accept the diversity of different people's mindsets.

I'm sorry about the thing I have said earlier. Anyways, there's nothing sexist about it. I saw a girl referring to the planes as "he" and us boys refer to them as "she" even depends on languages I heard French and German has different terms for the planes...

(Saw those on an airliners.net topic from few years ago)

JP.

JP.

The resident Dutch Belgian

• 1,384 posts

User's Awards

1. You love jet noise. Depends, I like the engine noise on startup, that's about it for me.
2. Whenever you hear a roaring/buzzing sound you immediately look up at the sky. Yup
3. You can tell a 767-200 from a -300 at a quick glance. Yup
4. Whenever you take a trip, usually you look forward to the flight more than the destination. Not really
5. On pictures from the said trip a good majority was on the plane you flew. Sometimes :P
6. You almost always take a window seat. Yup
7. Aircraft type and airline is a high priority when picking a flight. Not really, unless it's not Ryanair or Onur Air I'm fine with any airline
8. You can tell the difference between a 747-300 and a 747-400. Yeah, but can you tell the difference between a -200SUD and a -300? :sly:

DWA_10_years_sig.png

YAjRqwL.png

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

1. You love jet noise. Depends, I like the engine noise on startup, that's about it for me.
2. Whenever you hear a roaring/buzzing sound you immediately look up at the sky. Yup
4. Whenever you take a trip, usually you look forward to the flight more than the destination. Not really
5. On pictures from the said trip a good majority was on the plane you flew. Sometimes :P
6. You almost always take a window seat. Yup
7. Aircraft type and airline is a high priority when picking a flight. Not really, unless it's not Ryanair or Onur Air I'm fine with any airline
8. You can tell the difference between a 747-300 and a 747-400. Yeah, but can you tell the difference between a -200SUD and a -300? :sly:

1. You love jet noise. Depends. I like taxi and takeoff noise, but nothing else.
4. Whenever you take a trip, usually you look forward to the flight more than the destination. ​Depends on the flight
5. On pictures from the said trip a good majority was on the plane you flew. Almost never

. You almost always take a window seat. ​Nope​. Especially not on long hauls. I do on short hauls, because I almost never get up.
7. Aircraft type and airline is a high priority when picking a flight. YES! MASSIVELY HIGH
8. You can tell the difference between a 747-300 and a 747-400. Yeah. -400 has winglets, -300 does not. 

Boeing Flight Simmer

Boeing Flight Simmer

Boeing Is Better

• 714 posts

1. You love jet noise. Not always. I dont like prop planes. 
2. Whenever you hear a roaring/buzzing sound you immediately look up at the sky. Depends on where I am
3. You can tell a 767-200 from a -300 at a quick glance. Yup
4. Whenever you take a trip, usually you look forward to the flight more than the destination. Yah but I like flying more than the place most of the tiem
5. On pictures from the said trip a good majority was on the plane you flew. Not just the plane I flew but other planes aswell.
6. You almost always take a window seat. No becuse I cant always afford it. And on some airlines I dont fit.
7. Aircraft type and airline is a high priority when picking a flight. Yes but it depends. The airline needs legroom so thats normally part of my choice. I fly southwest alot for that exact reason.
8. You can tell the difference between a 747-300 and a 747-400. Not difficult. But a 737-800 and 737-900 (not ER)

Seve_Banner.png

Founder__CEO.png

DexterTheAVGeek

DexterTheAVGeek

Trijet Addicted

• 37 posts
When you know all of the schedule flights out of your home airport and know the exact time of takeoff/landing/

Note : Canadian Airlines DC-10 in CPAir Livery.

0M4R

0M4R

yes

• 768 posts
1. You love jet noise. No, its really noisy and annoying
2. Whenever you hear a roaring/buzzing sound you immediately look up at the sky. Nope
3. You can tell a 767-200 from a -300 at a quick glance. I don't know what's either
4. Whenever you take a trip, usually you look forward to the flight more than the destination. No, I don't care about the flight at all, its usually the worst part
5. On pictures from the said trip a good majority was on the plane you flew. Never
6. You almost always take a window seat. I don't care what seat I get
7. Aircraft type and airline is a high priority when picking a flight. No, airline is a high priority just to get the best deal/price
8. You can tell the difference between a 747-300 and a 747-400. You mean a jumbojet?

1. You love jet noise. Of course, especially during startup and takeoff / climb
4. Whenever you take a trip, usually you look forward to the flight more than the destination. I look forward to the destination as much as the flight, both are exciting
5. On pictures from the said trip a good majority was on the plane you flew. Ehh maybe
6. You almost always take a window seat. Most of the time yes, but not all
7. Aircraft type and airline is a high priority when picking a flight. Yes
8. You can tell the difference between a 747-300 and a 747-400. Easy

f2DbRjM.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users