Photo

Jet Profit Problem - Fixed?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

MStecker

MStecker

• 24 posts
As you all know, there was a problem that existed in Sim 1 in which jet aircraft could only be profitable when the 'change aircraft' bug was used.
As this bug is no longer in effect (fixed during the reset), has the profitability (or lack thereof) of jet aircraft been fixed?

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts

As this bug is no longer in effect (fixed during the reset), has the profitability (or lack thereof) of jet aircraft been fixed?

Was it?

I'm not sure i there was a bug with jet aircraft, turbojet and low bypass turbo fans just burn a lot off gas.

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
It must have worked because few jet Aircraft are on the Sale market:)

MStecker

MStecker

• 24 posts

Was it?

I'm not sure i there was a bug with jet aircraft, turbojet and low bypass turbo fans just burn a lot off gas.

While this is true, if in the real world 707s lost $150,000-200,000/day on their TATL routes, I think the airlines would have stuck with their 377s and Connies until the 777s and A330s came around.
Have you flown jets in sim 1?

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts

While this is true, if in the real world 707s lost $150,000-200,000/day on their TATL routes, I think the airlines would have stuck with their 377s and Connies until the 777s and A330s came around.
Have you flown jets in sim 1?

Yes, I have flown jets in Sim 1. It's not perfect, and you need to acknowledge that multi airport markets are crippled by by the passenger split, but you have to remember how many airlines were state run and not profitable back then, the additional allure of jet travel, and how few airlines were actually flying.

MStecker

MStecker

• 24 posts

Yes, I have flown jets in Sim 1. It's not perfect, and you need to acknowledge that multi airport markets are crippled by by the passenger split, but you have to remember how many airlines were state run and not profitable back then, the additional allure of jet travel, and how few airlines were actually flying.

I see your point. But the DC10 and 747-200 faced the same problem, to an even greater extent, and they were high-bypass (mind you, early high-bypass) turbofan powered, and were flown in great extent up until very recently, with such major carriers as United, KLM, and Lufthansa flying them into the 21st century, and even Northwest, who flew them up until last year (2007), and still uses two for charter purposes. This leads me to believe that the early turbofans, such as the CF6 family, must not have been as thirsty as modeled in the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users