- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

fish10

fish10

Royal Khmer Airlines

• 311 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:fish10ae
I've been working on some new airports for Sim2 and I know I've heard other players wishing that there was more airports in their favorite region. I have talked to Tobias about this and he'll add airports for us as long as I submit all the data needed.

I'll submit the data for any reasonable airport that someone requests. I do say reasonable because we don't need a bunch more airports that can't produce profits. But I know there are still plenty of airports out there that are good and aren't yet in the game.

Here are some good guildlines to determine if one is sustainable or not...
-1-3 million annual pax minimum depending on distance from a MAJOR real world hub airport. A hub big enough to support those small airports would be airports in the game with a minimum gate rental of say $160-170,000.
-Reasonalbe runway lenght. To justify adding to the game you really need to be able to take off at least a Q400... preferably a 737 or A32X.

Any information you can submit to me will make this a lot easier and will get to Tobias faster.
Things I need are annual pax count (please submit reference with this), runway lenght, latitude and longitude, IATA and IACO codes.
I'll take your info and format it the way Tobias needs it to import to the database and I'll research any of the info that you weren't able to find... annual pax are by far the most difficult.

I hope this will help keep players interest in the game because they'll be able to focus more on the airports and regions that interest them most...
This will also allow some more spreading out and diversication and hopefully releive some congestion on some of the medium yield routes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

fish10

fish10

Royal Khmer Airlines

• 311 posts
To try to keep from receiving multiple requests for the same airports, I'm using this spot as a master list of airports done, in work, and requested but unsuitable.

***NOTE, to save space these are scrolling lists, please check that the airport that you're requesting isn't on one of the lists already***

List of airports already submitted for addition to Sim2:

AKJ	Asahikawa
AOJ	Aomori
AXT	Akita
CGO	Zhengzhou
CGQ	Changchun
CIA	Rome Ciampino
CKG	Chongqing
CNX	Chiang Mai
CSX	Changsha
DYG	Zhangjiajie
FOC	Fuzhou
GRO	Girona
HAK	Haikou
HBA	Hobart
HET	Hohhot
HFE	Hefei
HIJ	Hiroshima
HKD	Hakodate
HRB	Harbin
INC	Yinchuan
ISG	Ishigaki
ISP	Long Island Islip
JHB	Johor Bahru
JHG	Xishuangbanna
JJN	Jinjiang
JZH	Jiuzhai
KCH	Kuching
KCZ	Kochi
KIJ	Niigata
KKJ	Kitakyushu
KMG	Kunming
KMI	Miyazaki
KMJ	Kumamoto
KMQ	Komatsu
KOJ	Kagoshima
KWE	Guiyang
LHW	Lanzhou
LJG	Lijiang
LXA	Lhasa
MMY	Miyako
MYJ	Matsuyama
MYY	Miri
NGB	Ningbo
NGS	Nagasaki
NNG	Nanning
OIT	Oita
OKJ	Okayama
OLB	Olbia
OOL	Gold Coast
PKU	Pekanbaru
PLM	Palembang
PNK	Pontianak
SDJ	Sendai
SHE	Shenyang
SWA	Shantou
SYX	Sanya
TAK	Takamatsu
TAO	Qingdao
TNA	Jinan
TOY	Toyama
TRD	Trondheim
TSV	Townsville
TYN	Taiuan
UKB	Kobe
URC	Urumqi
WNZ	Wenzhou
WUH	Wuhan
WUX	Wuxi
XIY	Xian
YLW	Kelowna
YNT	Yantai
YXU	London, Ontario
ZUH	Zhuhai

List of airports in progress of being submitted:

AVV	Avalon
CJJ	Cheongju
DVO	Davao
GOI	Dabolim/Goa
ITO	Hilo
KWJ	Gwangju
LBB	Lubbock Smith International Airport
LST	Launceston
MFE	McAllen, TX
SWF	Stewart International Airport
TAE	Daegu
TSA	Taipei Sungshan Airport
USM	Ko Samui
XNA	Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport

List of requested airports that are not suitable for addition:
Could be too small or could be too far from a hub airport large enough to support it, etc.

ACY	Atlantic City
AMA	Amarillo
BME	Broome
CJB	Coimbatore
CRW	Charleston, WV
HRL	Harlingen
LRE	Longreach
LST	Luanceston
MAF	Midland Odessa
MQL	Mildura
ORN	Oran
PDL	Ponta Delgada
PFN	Panama City, FL
PQQ	Port Maquarie
RMQ	Taichung (Taizhong)
VER	Veracruz
WGA	Wagga Wagga

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

aerospaceair

aerospaceair

• 127 posts
Interesting to see as my 1st choice that I was going to submit was ISP. I'll also request Panama City - Bay County International Airport "PFN". It's a decent sized airport in Florida. It could also be considered the spring break captial of the United States from the college traffic it brings in during the Spring.

Also I think you could add in Grand Cayman Airport "GCM" to the graphical map of available airports. It's in the game but not on the graphical map.
Airline ID: 8791 in the World Airline Alliance

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
Hobart, Mildura, broome;)

fish10

fish10

Royal Khmer Airlines

• 311 posts

Interesting to see as my 1st choice that I was going to submit was ISP. I'll also request Panama City - Bay County International Airport "PFN". It's a decent sized airport in Florida. It could also be considered the spring break captial of the United States from the college traffic it brings in during the Spring.

Also I think you could add in Grand Cayman Airport "GCM" to the graphical map of available airports. It's in the game but not on the graphical map.

PFN only gets ~350,000 passengers a year so its not going to work for the game unfortunately. I know its big for spring break but a lot of students drive in and even the ones that fly, its only 3-4 weeks a year.
ISP, while a dying airport (nearly everyone except Southwest has now ceased service there) it does appear that Southwest keeps a couple million passengers flowing there a year so it'll bring some small profits from larger airports.

As for GCM, I don't have any access to the maps, that's something for Tobias or maybe Yuxi. Personally as long as they are in the correct place in the game I don't worry about it. Quite a few airports show up in central Algeria... :)

The only cities in Australia that I have pax data on and are not in the game already (and large enough to include) are: Gold Coast and Townsville. I'll start with those and see if I can find pax data for the whole country later.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

fish10

fish10

Royal Khmer Airlines

• 311 posts

Ok, found Hobart, it will work... just a little bigger than Townsville.

Broome gets 380,000 pax a year, no way it will work, especially considering the distance to Sydney which is the only Australian airport likely to support the small airports (in the game).

Mildura is even worse, only 180,000 pax a year. Well 1 out of 3 at least plus the 2 others that I found.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lipman

lipman

• 103 posts
Hey how about Kelowna, British Columbia (YLW). It receives 1.3 million pax per yr (it had an 11% increase from 2006).

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Glad i already added all the european airports over 1 mil pax per annum into the game already. :)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

fish10

fish10

Royal Khmer Airlines

• 311 posts

Hey how about Kelowna, British Columbia (YLW). It receives 1.3 million pax per yr (it had an 11% increase from 2006). London, Ontario receives 450,000 pax per yr but i dont know if thats good enough to implement into the game.

I'll do Kelowna, that "should" be profitable for a couple airlines using small aircraft from Seattle and maybe Vancouver.

I think London, ON is a little too small but I'll include it anyway... I'm kind of curious because it might work from ORD when the new pax numbers go in for North America. It is proably too close to YYZ to work well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
How About Port Maquarie, Longreach, Wagg Wagga, i could go on;)

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
Another one Luanceston:)

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com

How about editing your posts instead of creating a new post for each airport? Might make things easier for Fish but to be honest this way of doing things is a waste of time, people add double airports, don't bother reading earlier posts etc etc and it's a pain in the jacksie to go through every post to make sure you did not miss anything.

You need a list like we have for the other airports

But Fish10 that's up to you :)
Posted Image

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts

How about editing your posts instead of creating a new post for each airport? Might make things easier for Fish but to be honest this way of doing things is a waste of time, people add double airports, don't bother reading earlier posts etc etc and it's a pain in the jacksie to go through every post to make sure you did not miss anything.

You need a list like we have for the other airports

But Fish10 that's up to you :)

You really dislike my Posts don't you:CH-Pill

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com

You really dislike my Posts don't you:CH-Pill

Not at all, I'm just trying to explain to you how to use forums.

You post a reply and then 1 minute later you post another reply when it's just as easy to edit your previous reply.

It makes things more confusing if you post 20 reply's with 20 airports than just 1 reply with 20 airports, or am I missing something?
Posted Image

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
Okay. No you are not missing any thing, i will try too remember next time;)

fish10

fish10

Royal Khmer Airlines

• 311 posts

How About Port Maquarie, Longreach, Wagg Wagga, i could go on;)

Ummm... I know you really want more places to send your planes in Australia but I've been trough all the Australian data. (did this with you specifically in mind actually) I even found something from the Australian Transport office with all airports and pax numbers and the only ones that are going to be feasable are the ones I already mentioned.

If you can find me annual pax numbers for these airports that is at least 1,000,000-3,000,000 a year and provide a reputable source then I'll do them but I'm not adding a bunch of airports that are getting 100,000-300,000 a year... The distances in Australia are too far and Sydney isn't big enough to make reasonsble profits if any at all.

If later on there is more flexibility in scheduling, such as flights only once a week or certain days of the week then we can look again at these small airports but as it is now you'll have trouble making decent profits even at aiports with 1,000,000 pax from some points.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bite26me

bite26me

• 3 posts
Would love to see my hometown airport PDL in the game

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
For Australia, your really just going to have at present the following
Sydney, Newcastle, Canberra, Melbourne, Hobart, Alice Springs, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin, Cairns, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Melbourne-Avalon and maybe Townsville ( i think thats under 1 mil pax , but not sure )

So Jet, dont worry about the rest for now :)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
Okay, Sure thing;)

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
It's good to see that suggestions are being taken. But I think people should adhere to the main post before just asking for airports to be added. A little research on the the part of the person requesting the airport would be nice.

:-Detect

Here are some good guildlines to determine if one is sustainable or not...
-1-3 million annual pax minimum depending on distance from a MAJOR real world hub airport. A hub big enough to support those small airports would be airports in the game with a minimum gate rental of say $160-170,000.
-Reasonalbe runway lenght. To justify adding to the game you really need to be able to take off at least a Q400... preferably a 737 or A32X.

Any information you can submit to me will make this a lot easier and will get to Tobias faster.
Things I need are annual pax count (please submit reference with this), runway lenght, latitude and longitude, IATA and IACO codes.
I'll take your info and format it the way Tobias needs it to import to the database and I'll research any of the info that you weren't able to find... annual pax are by far the most difficult.

Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users