AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Sim 1 or Sim 2?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Cloud airlines

Cloud airlines

• 70 posts
I think both need a reset. Sim 1 has been going and going for something like 4 real life months or about 8 or 9 game years. Sim2 is already oversaturated.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wind Airlines, "Fly like the wind"

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
I think sim2 still has some room, it's not totally oversaturated yet (especially on longer routes). I haven't checked sim1 in a while because it's so slow-paced and I started late.

zissou

zissou

• 16 posts
I started october '61 in sim 1, and I'm still having plenty of fun...

Z

Delacy

Delacy

mustang sally ceo

• 130 posts
well on longer routes you say ? i have a 767 not making anymoney and a 777 making nothing almost
sim 1 does need a reset i have an acount nd i cant find any route that profitable
Posted Image

fish10

fish10

Royal Khmer Airlines

• 311 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:fish10ae
You have a 767-300 and a 777-200LR... both are terrible gas hogs for their pax load and aren't going to make much money at this point in the game. They can't carry enough pax to generate the revenue needed to pay for the fuel and make a good profit.

There's still plenty of room to make money right now all over the place "if" you purchase the correct planes for your fleet. There are plenty of good short-mid haul routes and more than plenty of good long haul routes. A reset isn't needed for a while yet. Let Miller and Tobias work out some more bugs first.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SilentB303

SilentB303

Air Vegas and PJE CEO

• 30 posts
please reset sim1, there's no more gates left, and what little there is left you can't connect because the jet aircraft are the only ones with the range to make it, but make you little to no money if your lucky

notes: I like the game play speed and profitability in all the markets. The speed keeps the game from being saturated too quickly, and the profitability makes the game more of an enjoyment and less of a heart breaking challenge, until it's at the point where it is right now.....

But when the reset does comes, please double the markets and make jet propelled planes profitable, owning a jet aircraft should be a reward, not a punishment.

RoyaltyAir

RoyaltyAir

• 30 posts
Yes. Please reset Sim 1. It is too overcrowded.

Any way to cap the # of airlines around 1000-1500?
Royalty Air, where we treat you like Royalty.

BRUMBCA

BRUMBCA

• 40 posts
There is no need,
not at the moment,
its quite competitive, :)
and people are still making money and expanding .
:):D:D

British Columbian Airlines.
star alliance member

flyMNA346

flyMNA346

• 26 posts
Don't rest Sim 1 for awhile! I've found routes in Orlando that make a huge profit (and I won't tell you guys what routes, lol). I can only say that there are still some Orlando-US routes that have only one or two airlines. The 727 is a great aircraft on these high profit routes. If I make a huge profit I'll even upgrade to a DC-8. The problem with Sim 1 is 1) in the US there aren't many cities you can rent gates and 2) some of the small carriers with just DC-3s abandon their airline but don't close routes even though they make no profit which is really annoying for the big carriers. We should have a rule like you must reset your airline at least two months (AE time) after the reset.

flightsimer

flightsimer

Senior Member/Beta Tester

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   
well all i have to do is look up the highest ticket in orlando...

second sim1 is starting to get to the point of a reset but its not quite there. its still every easy to make a profit... ive been expanding lately and increasing, just gotta know where to/from... even on heavy routes you can still get good profits, then again, i have a large fleet of l-188's for that...
CEO North Eastern Airways
22217 sim1- Boeing 747-100 LAUNCH CUSTOMER!
17904 sim2
BETA TESTER- #1 airline, only if it actually counted lol

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts
Might as well reset in 1970 when the Metro comes out.

flightsimer

flightsimer

Senior Member/Beta Tester

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

well all i have to do is look up the highest ticket in orlando...

second sim1 is starting to get to the point of a reset but its not quite there. its still every easy to make a profit... ive been expanding lately and increasing, just gotta know where to/from... even on heavy routes you can still get good profits, then again, i have a large fleet of l-188's for that...

in fact, i just added close to 2mil in dop in about 2 hours of working with the flights...
CEO North Eastern Airways
22217 sim1- Boeing 747-100 LAUNCH CUSTOMER!
17904 sim2
BETA TESTER- #1 airline, only if it actually counted lol

BRUMBCA

BRUMBCA

• 40 posts
This round has been my best yet,
don't reset it for a while.
there are still lots of routes you can make profit on.

British Columbian Airlines
Star alliance member

cadet2k6

cadet2k6

CEO Empire Airlines

• 93 posts
  • WLM ID:kane298@charter.net
  • Website:http://sim.airlineempires.net/playerinfo.php?player=13447

User's Awards

13    9    9    3   

Might as well reset in 1970 when the Metro comes out.

Well, Thats the year Im waiting for as I cant wait to get the Metro on some of my regional routes and the 747 across the pond :) I say give it maybe 2-3 more years. And maybe this time we can start in the late 60's? by the time we started getting decent jets, its already over.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

This round has been my best yet,
don't reset it for a while.
there are still lots of routes you can make profit on.

British Columbian Airlines
Star alliance member

I agree - I'm finally in the top 10! :) woooooooooooo

SilentB303

SilentB303

Air Vegas and PJE CEO

• 30 posts
Well thats great if you have the gates, for others like me that want to expand, we can't cause all the gates are bought up except in over saturated markets and foregin markets. I'm sure most players in the top 300 are still making money in some fashion. But what good is that if we can't use the money to build our empires. I say for those in the top 50, you've won. Game over, lets play again and see if you can do it again. Reset for 1965, everybody gets two F27 Fokker's and 10mil.

DiscoverFRA

DiscoverFRA

Long Time Member

• 296 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:simpleton21j

Well thats great if you have the gates, for others like me that want to expand, we can't cause all the gates are bought up except in over saturated markets and foregin markets. I'm sure most players in the top 300 are still making money in some fashion. But what good is that if we can't use the money to build our empires. I say for those in the top 50, you've won. Game over, lets play again and see if you can do it again. Reset for 1965, everybody gets two F27 Fokker's and 10mil.

http://forums.airlin...read.php?t=8756

sorry see this, no resets :cry:

SilentB303

SilentB303

Air Vegas and PJE CEO

• 30 posts
i saw :cry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users