- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
In case you haven't noticed, this game is a bit addictive. It has distinct differences from some of the other airline sim's out there. Once the bugs are fixed and everything is worked out, how about a downloadable version? :D

Guest_gpfistner_*

Guest_gpfistner_*
  • Guests
I think that this would take alot of time to make for no big need for it. But I will let miller say his word on the question :D

Atlantic_Air

Atlantic_Air

• 846 posts
i agree with you there..still be awesome though! this game is really addicting

Guest_WGW2707_*

Guest_WGW2707_*
  • Guests
I would LOVE to see a downloadable versionm as I could actually afford to spend the time to play it intensively.

To avoid having an AI and to make up for the lack of realtime human competition, you could select airlines from the current AE online game perhaps as your "designated competitors", and the offline game would periodically (say, every 24 hours or whenever the game was loaded) synchronize with AE's server and get the updated version of those airlines.

Just an idea.

-WGW

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
Number one, this is php based so it would have to be put on a site.. and then miller has done a lot of work and i do not think it would be right for him to give it out for free for such a sophistic game another person can run and say its his that he coded...

not needed...

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
No one said free. And I wasn't looking for an other PHP based game. The same thing could be programmed and use AI players in a standalone version, without all of the graphics and sound that games like Airline Tycoon have.

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
Then your asking for him to develop this more and then that?

I think this is asking way to much then.. way to much to do and he does have another job and a life .. this is not his life..... i don't think it is necessary, because he is coding this free for us, and another part for universities to use.

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
I think you should chill out. Take a happy pill or something.

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
just saying, your asking to much, this is free so just play it... if he built the other for money, i bet almost no one who showed interest would buy it....

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Yeah right, that's why no one bought Airline Tycoon or Evolution or Airline 6. Even with all of those cheesy graphics in Tycoon, it sold loads of copies. Airline 6 would probably have more sales if they weren't charging $50-$60.

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
yeah, still, its asking way to much for miller to do, he still has development with this.. anyways its really up to him so i don't think it is necessary to argue this

Vortex

Vortex

• 19 posts
Nathan, instead of speaking on behlaf of Miller and voicing what you think he would say (he might well agree!), why do you not just wait for his view before you issue statements like the ones above? You seem to be speaking on behalf of Miller..

Sunshine Airways CEO

Sunshine Airways CEO

• 568 posts

User's Awards

5    5      
please, remember you don't have to insult people are be confrontational to get your point across

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests

Originally posted by Nathaniel
yeah, still, its asking way to much for miller to do, he still has development with this.. anyways its really up to him so i don't think it is necessary to argue this

notice how i said it was up to him????

Vortex

Vortex

• 19 posts

Originally posted by S.A. 13
please, remember you don't have to insult people are be confrontational to get your point across

I was not insulting anybody.. was this aimed at me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users