- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

OSUflight1

OSUflight1

• 78 posts

User's Awards

5    5   
I bought a used B 1900. I put a request in to pay $6million, but it dropped me at least $9m instead; now I am negative cash. I put the just bought aircraft on a new route and then about a min or two later, it was missing.

So, not only did I loose $9m and the plane, I also lost some gate slots! This puts me in a very bad situation to start the game. Can something be done to get my stuff back; this cost me A LOT. I thought the used market was fixed in this new round since the game was down extra time. I guess the used market is STILL full of bugs...

Piedmont Airlines

Kontio

Kontio

Mur!

• 97 posts
  • WLM ID:kontioaviation@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:kontioaviation
The exact same thing just happened to me. When I received the airplane it was already placed on routes but I was able to close them. Now I've lost the money, the plane, and am stuck with gates I can not return. PLEASE bring back the old used market, even with all the cheating it worked!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com
If you bothered to read all the posts about the used market you would realise that it is riddled with bugs.

Don't use it until it's fixed!

Some people have a windfall by using it but the majority usually end up crying ;)

There's enough money to be made in sim2 without using it. I have never used it and always managed to do well.

Kontio

Kontio

Mur!

• 97 posts
  • WLM ID:kontioaviation@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:kontioaviation

If you bothered to read all the posts about the used market you would realise that it is riddled with bugs.

Don't use it until it's fixed!

I have "bothered" to read the forum, I am not saying that I am exactly surprised that this happened. However, this is a beta game and we are testing it as much as we are playing it, and what gets tested if we just don't try all features after a reset and a possible fix?

What I am saying is PLEASE revert back to the old system, it enabled us to buy and sell used aircraft without (usually) getting screwed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

I have "bothered" to read the forum, I am not saying that I am exactly surprised that this happened. However, this is a beta game and we are testing it as much as we are playing it, and what gets tested if we just don't try all features after a reset and a possible fix?

What I am saying is PLEASE revert back to the old system, it enabled us to buy and sell used aircraft without (usually) getting screwed.

I agree testing is what we need to do BUT what's the point in testing if Miller does not say what he has added / fixed etc , it's a waste of time going through everything again testing if nothing has been fixed. It's not up to the people using it to try and find out what has been fixed. The developer get's a bug report , fixes it and say's it's fixed so that it can be tested , that's how it works in the software company I work for anyway.

I notice the LF has also not been changed for the smaller cities? I don't think anything has changed but let's wait for Miller to let us know what has been changed.

The general flow should be something like this.

[Initial coding]
- Code
- Implement
- Dev Test
- User Test ,- > That's us!
- Okay ? / Bug ? -> report back if bug
- Fix bug
- Dev Test
- User Test
- Bug fixed -> okay / not fixed - > report not fixed

What we need is people to use the bug tracking page and not put all the issues here on the forum , they just get lost! To make this worthwhile we need to know if Miller actually uses the bug tracker or looks here to see what has been reported. The bug tracking page also needs a new category "Enhancements" so that new addtions can be logged there. This is the only way to have one place where bugs and enhancements are reported.

A forum is great for general chatting about a game etc but does not lend itself for development / code tracking.

OSUflight1

OSUflight1

• 78 posts

User's Awards

5    5   
I thought the used market had been fixed. That is why I tried buying a used plane. I thought that was the biggest reason for the restart. I am dissapointed as this is a major aspect to the game and is very flawed and still hasn't been fixed. I feel at a very big dissadvantage as now with the loss of cash and all it will take a few rounds/months until I can order a new plane. The first year is the most important time in getting ahead in the game.

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

I thought the used market had been fixed. That is why I tried buying a used plane. I thought that was the biggest reason for the restart. I am dissapointed as this is a major aspect to the game and is very flawed and still hasn't been fixed. I feel at a very big dissadvantage as now with the loss of cash and all it will take a few rounds/months until I can order a new plane. The first year is the most important time in getting ahead in the game.

Just declare bankruptcy and start again. You wont have missed much that way.

OSUflight1

OSUflight1

• 78 posts

User's Awards

5    5   
I just mothballed my 2 aircraft and returned gates and tried to declare bankruptsy and it won't let me! It seems the flights and gates from that missing aircraft are showing my gates in use and I cannot return all my gates. I look at routes and it shows 'no routes'. Ahhhhhh... what do I do?

Allison

Allison

Cali Girl

• 24 posts
Double check return if you have like 5 for your starter you might have only returned 1
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

I agree testing is what we need to do BUT what's the point in testing if Miller does not say what he has added / fixed etc , it's a waste of time going through everything again testing if nothing has been fixed. .

Agree, however, one feels that AE will gain a second wind very soon.

stay tuned to read and see developments to AE and this whole sim in general.

Please let's just keep reporting in bugs section and it will happen before too long.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

MM79

MM79

• 1 posts

I bought a used B 1900. I put a request in to pay $6million, but it dropped me at least $9m instead; now I am negative cash. I put the just bought aircraft on a new route and then about a min or two later, it was missing.

So, not only did I loose $9m and the plane, I also lost some gate slots! This puts me in a very bad situation to start the game. Can something be done to get my stuff back; this cost me A LOT. I thought the used market was fixed in this new round since the game was down extra time. I guess the used market is STILL full of bugs...

Piedmont Airlines

Exactly the same happend also to me!
I bought a used B1900 but I never got the airplane and now I'm negative cash! :puzzled:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users