Photo

Sim 1 and 2 Reset this Weekend

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

sawilson1971

sawilson1971

• 133 posts
There is still plenty of capacity in Sim1 but it if has to be reset then reset it just into the turboprop era with two Viscounts available.

Steve
Brokering in sim1

User ID 9729

Halsey

Halsey

• 17 posts
Sim 1 is going strong, don't see the need for a reset. I've been moving up from 40's to the 30's in ranks the last two weeks. If you do reset I liked the dc-3 starting point. Start without jets I say.

flightsimer

flightsimer

Senior Member/Beta Tester

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

I disagree with you there sorry, just added 9 million DOP in 15 minutes so plenty of room for growth.

And as many people do you fail to read my previous posts , it's like talking to a brick wall :)

So NOT saturated !

I'm not playing in sim1 in any case ...

/me awaits the following reply with eagerness, in fact you should get glasses as well, maybe you can get a discount 2 pairs for the price of 1 ;)

but no one was ever talking about sim2... i just stated that in sim1 there is still plenty of routes to go on, and even existing ones that have multiple airlines on them can be profitable unlike in sim2... and ya its really easy to make a large profit when you put an a330 size aircraft on a regional flight or one that would never have them in the real world...

glarus

glarus

• 93 posts

I disagree with you there sorry, just added 9 million DOP in 15 minutes so plenty of room for growth.

So NOT saturated !

I'm not playing in sim1 in any case ...

Agree with everything said here.

Once the reset occurs, I think this will be the end of me (Fly Dixie) for a while. It's been fun, but it has taken a lot of time, and the misses has gotten peeved with me on numerous occasions. The auto-routing device has been a huge help in that category! A game with the old market (maybe with some controls to achieve the goal you wanted with the new market, to prevent incestuous alliances) and the new auto-routing tool would be killer. Add in some fixes for the other stuff which I won't bother to go into, and I think you've got a game with some real staying power. I'll be back, may a few rounds down the pike. Bravo Zulu to Miller.

AdvanceAirlines

AdvanceAirlines

• 95 posts

but no one was ever talking about sim2... i just stated that in sim1 there is still plenty of routes to go on, and even existing ones that have multiple airlines on them can be profitable unlike in sim2... and ya its really easy to make a large profit when you put an a330 size aircraft on a regional flight or one that would never have them in the real world...

He's correcting your statistics!

"i just stated that in sim1 there is still plenty of routes to go on, and even existing ones that have multiple airlines on them can be profitable unlike in sim2..."

You just, again, called Sim2 unprofitable.

Glennos/KaaiElEm has stated, with evidence, that this is not so.

But you then told him his information was irrelevant and continued to make an inaccurate point.

Got it? ;)
Posted Image

flightsimer

flightsimer

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   
ya it would be quite easy to get a high dop increase when all you do is put large aircraft on routes that would never hold them in real world... for people that play it real... it is not able to make a profit...

AdvanceAirlines

AdvanceAirlines

• 95 posts
I was making up to $700,000 from a single route when I was operating turboprops around Japan - how is this not 'playing it real'?

Yes, i've just shut my airline on Sim2, but that's because i've lost interest, not because I was going bankrupt.

It takes a real pro to kick butt at any game or career - its the same with Sim2.

Glennos would be one of the biggest beneficiaries of such realism and difficulty, as he doesn't operate on the routes he wants to, just the ones that are profitable, thus making his airlines, lin2mxp or KaaiElEm or whatever you want to call them, so profitable.

Really there's no preference - you go where the money is.
Posted Image

flightsimer

flightsimer

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   
ya im making money too... but i have stopped working on it, because my 737's are barely making by when i try to open new ones... i opperate all over the world... but right now in sim1 im making about half of what im making in sim2 but in sim 1 im only serving a fourth of the cities that i serve in sim2... and in sim2 i serve nothing but the big cities...

as to playing it real... i wasnt talking directly to you... alot of the top 10 use the A330 on short routes that in the RW it would never be on... thats what i meant by that... and even your route you woulnt see to often... in japan it seems to be all larger jets... i mean hell they use a 747 that carries almost 600 people for short domestic flights...

paliair

paliair

• 129 posts
There are routes in real life in which a big A/C is used for short hauls. UA used a 747D on a route from DEN-LAX. 757's were used on IAD-YYZ. Also in DEN UA used 767's and 777's on short haul flights. If the demad is there in the real world an airline will put large A/C on the route.

Also the 747D was used to move alot of people for a short haul.

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts

ya im making money too... but i have stopped working on it, because my 737's are barely making by when i try to open new ones... i opperate all over the world... but right now in sim1 im making about half of what im making in sim2 but in sim 1 im only serving a fourth of the cities that i serve in sim2... and in sim2 i serve nothing but the big cities...

as to playing it real... i wasnt talking directly to you... alot of the top 10 use the A330 on short routes that in the RW it would never be on... thats what i meant by that... and even your route you woulnt see to often... in japan it seems to be all larger jets... i mean hell they use a 747 that carries almost 600 people for short domestic flights...

As paliair said, they can/ do. Think of the Boeing 747-400D, that was built for very high capacity short haul routes (particularly those in Japan or Asia). Airlines in America use the 767 or 777 on high capacity domestic routes (particularly transcontinental, e.g. JFK - SFO/LAX). Even in Europe and Australia airlines do.
Posted Image

flightsimer

flightsimer

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   
i never said they didnt use large aircraft on some short flights... but you dont see them often... there are only a few routes that are busy enough for that to happen (with exception of japan)... and the UA flight with the 747... they might of opperated it with that but that would be because of it being a hub to hub flight... why dont they do it now? because to do that, in RW, it would not turn a profit... so why should it be here? they didnt fly it between denver and san antonio... it wouldnt make anything... and united never opperated the 747-400D. the 757 really isnt that big, nor the 767 (except the -400er)... and like i said earlier, the 747-400D was made to be used in japan for their domestic flights... practically all they use in japan is large aircraft because of the amount of people they have... even that plane which was made for them is not used on anything shorter than 850nm... and i know that for a fact, because i was looking at ANA's and JAl's routes for them... and that was the shortest i found... point is, here yuo can place a A330 on a short 300nm flight and make a ton of money cause other people to suffer and lose their dop, which isnt right... there needs to be a better demand system put into place so that you cant put a large plane on a short flight that in the real world would be done with a regional to the lower end of the mid-size plane size... but now this is going way off topic...

RoyaltyAir

RoyaltyAir

• 30 posts

There are routes in real life in which a big A/C is used for short hauls. UA used a 747D on a route from DEN-LAX. 757's were used on IAD-YYZ. Also in DEN UA used 767's and 777's on short haul flights. If the demad is there in the real world an airline will put large A/C on the route.

Also the 747D was used to move alot of people for a short haul.

UA DOES NOT own the 747D. That is a specially modified 747 for short haul routes which was only bought by the major Japanese airlines.
More often than not UA flies its 767/777/747 fleet on longer, international routes. You may see one flying domestically between SFO, DEN, ORD every now and then but it is not a regular occurance. They own many 777A's which don't have long legs but still fly between the US and Europe more often than anything else.
Further, seeing how popular flying widebodies is in the US domestic market the routes profitability can be questioned.
Royalty Air, where we treat you like Royalty.

cadet2k6

cadet2k6

CEO Empire Airlines

• 93 posts
  • WLM ID:kane298@charter.net
  • Website:http://sim.airlineempires.net/playerinfo.php?player=13447

User's Awards

13    9    9    3   
What bothers me about the Sim1 reset is the fact that the game only went to the 60's. I was really looking foward to buying jets that I couldent before like the 727 and the F-28. Id like to see this game continue, I think it has alot of possibility left.

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com
With AE in all past rounds is the lack of interest of players who start their round, build up a network for a few weeks (in many cases 2-weeks) then leave their airline and return little to keep it going.

I fully understand that many current players would like to keep Sim1 going, but there are some 1200 airlines with just a small number active, but performing a reset this will rid the space wasters.

Sim1 is interesting, one would like to see it restart where it is now, this will rid the 1200+ accounts and start fresh.

Sim2 is slow, there are many free routes still to be made, however the active more populated routes are slow to adjust and set, resetting this will again ease the server loads.

If Miller has time would like Sim2 airports that have been added given adjustments as they are useless in current format, the used market is a pain and riddled with bugs.

So, this reset will again place all on equal footing giving all equal aircraft and cash amount, there are many new players who complain that its hard to get a start when they join later in the round, this will assist them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:AeProjectManager
I've reset sim 2, and time will resume tomorrow at 23:00 GMT. I have not reset sim 1, and am looking for feedback on how to go about it. We have not reset this version yet, and I don't think it's going to be without bugs.

Thoughts?

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com

I've reset sim 2, and time will resume tomorrow at 23:00 GMT. I have not reset sim 1, and am looking for feedback on how to go about it. We have not reset this version yet, and I don't think it's going to be without bugs.

Thoughts?

We have put up with bugs for a while so don't worry about that :sdrool:

I think the general consensus is that people would like to start in the 60's era, with jets.

Alot more people play the game than actually react here in the forum. I created apoll a few days ago and that hint's to a 60's / 70's startup.
Posted Image

flightsimer

flightsimer

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   
i say let it start right where we are at right now...

OSUflight1

OSUflight1

• 78 posts

User's Awards

5    5   
Good to see sim 2 reset. I would like to keep sim 1 running without a reset; but 1960 would make the most sense.

RoyaltyAir

RoyaltyAir

• 30 posts
So.....?
Are we going to see a reset today like you said Miller? :puzzled:
Royalty Air, where we treat you like Royalty.

Frontier03

Frontier03

• 1 posts
Great that we finally get the rest the game was running slow in the over used markets. I was checking the ranking a little bit ago and how is it that the top three airlines right now before time starts, has 4 to 5 million more value than any other restarted airline. That is an unfair advantage to all of us that reset with two airplanes and 5 million in cash.:thumbdown:

Scott
CEO Red Bird Airlines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users