• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:AeProjectManager
I'll be resetting both Sim 1 and Sim 2 on 5/11. Expect the sims to be back up later that day, and time will resume Monday, 5/12.

What year would everyone like to start on in Sim 1?

hankhill49er

hankhill49er

• 12 posts
1906?..... 1907 perhaps

jk I liked the post ww2 '46

paliair

paliair

• 129 posts
Miller,

Will the used market return to the old way or is the new one fixed?

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com
Nice to see Sim2 will get reset, yes it is slow, I will play both till my new posting in June, Miller would you consider in Sim1 starting at F27 / 707 era, this will be the start of the jet age and will give a different twist to the game.

PS (Courtney) Thanks for addressing my email ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

simsmart

simsmart

AE Luver

• Veteran
  • 327 posts
Got enough of the baby eh? Still, great to see you back... even if it's just to reset the game! I (personally) think we should do something similar to AM, that is, starting where the reset left off. Like the 1960s.
I'm baaack!
Follow me on Twitter.

allegiant

allegiant

• 54 posts

I (personally) think we should do something similar to AM, that is, starting where the reset left off. Like the 1960s.

I agree. Early 60's or about where it is now.

flightsimer

flightsimer

Senior Member/Beta Tester

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   
maybe early to mid 50's... or when the electra came in... question though... what will we start with? dc-3 isnt gonna cut it... maybe 2 fokkers or cv340's or cv440's... really dont see the need for a reset in sim1 though... its running quick even with routes that have lots of people on them...

flyMNA346

flyMNA346

• 26 posts
I think in Sim 1 the game should start in the 1960s and start with two C-340s or C-440s for each airline.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
mid 1960's i think for sim1.. perhaps even 1970 would be a good starting point. And cant wait for sim2 to restart.. me got plans for world domination... *winks at glennos*

And Miller, nice to see ya back. Hopefully everything is going well for ur baby and wife and u too. ;)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com
In your dreams Maestro, in your dreams ;)

Good to see the reset coming.... my stat's this round for prosterity :)

I'm pleased to announce you have $117,506,902,237 in cash.
Company Value: $198,576,952,237
Current Ranking: 2/527
Stock Price: $397,153.90
Daily Operating Profit: $161,338,815

That's of course when I'm logged in, logged out my value is about 450 billion :sdrool:

Seems I ordered too many frames, still have about 90 a333's and 80 787's coming, oh well, they will get deleted soon! The factories will miss my business but as Arnie say's "I'll be back!"
Posted Image

RoyaltyAir

RoyaltyAir

• 30 posts
If you must reset sim 1 then I vote to have it restart in the late 50's or early 60's. I wanna play through the jet age from the beginning.
Royalty Air, where we treat you like Royalty.

OSUflight1

OSUflight1

• 78 posts

User's Awards

5    5   
Please don't reset sim 1. I'd like to play it until the present time. I thought that is what was going to happen anyways. My small airline is just getting to the point where I can start expanding. If it absolutly must be restarted, then I suppose 1960, where the game is now. Maybe with the 'starter planes' as a different plane type as well, one that is still in production at the time.

Sim2 however does need to be reset; so that is good. Please make the used aircraft market like the one in sim1. Sim2's used market is impossible.

Aquair

Aquair

• 26 posts
Miller,
Please tell me the sim2 market LF will be changed.
'cause It's really annoying when you have to try a million routes that would be profitable in the real world, but somehow become like -100000 dollars.

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

Please don't reset sim 1. I'd like to play it until the present time. I thought that is what was going to happen anyways. My small airline is just getting to the point where I can start expanding. If it absolutly must be restarted, then I suppose 1960, where the game is now. Maybe with the 'starter planes' as a different plane type as well, one that is still in production at the time.

Miller has mentioned in another thread that sim1 would be reset due to saturation of most routes overtime, thus cleaning the slate for everyone to start fresh again in the era it finished and continue doing that until it reached the present day ( i think around 4-5 resets would need to occur by then i imagine, but thats just a guess) ;)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

flightsimer

flightsimer

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   
but the saturation is not a factor really... you still grow alot in this sim unlike sim2... ive grown to a 2mil dop in about a month... i just made the right fleet choices, along with the right routes... but all of my routes all had over 4 people on them before me, but yet i still managed to get a good dop and am still growing...

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

but the saturation is not a factor really... you still grow alot in this sim unlike sim2... ive grown to a 2mil dop in about a month... i just made the right fleet choices, along with the right routes... but all of my routes all had over 4 people on them before me, but yet i still managed to get a good dop and am still growing...

There are still loads of routes not being flown in sim2 ;-) I found a good one with no one on it, making 800k on just that one route.
Posted Image

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

There are still loads of routes not being flown in sim2 ;-) I found a good one with no one on it, making 800k on just that one route.

I think he was referring to sim1 glennos. Next time, get some glasses ;)

flightsimmer, its a game ok... since a reset will happen, u will start fresh and be able to make a good start and make more money eventually than starting half-way through a round . :)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
[quote name='Maestro69']I think he was referring to sim1 glennos. Next time, get some glasses ;)

flightsimmer, its a game ok... since a reset will happen, u will start fresh and be able to make a good start and make more money eventually than starting half-way through a round . :)[/QUOTE]

Who needs glasses :)

[Qoute]but the saturation is not a factor really... you still grow alot in this sim unlike sim2... ive grown to a 2mil dop in about a month... i just made the right fleet choices, along with the right routes... but all of my routes all had over 4 people on them before me, but yet i still managed to get a good dop and am still growing...[/Quote]
Posted Image

flightsimer

flightsimer

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   
[quote name='Glennos']Who needs glasses ;)

[Qoute]but the saturation is not a factor really... you still grow alot in this sim unlike sim2... ive grown to a 2mil dop in about a month... i just made the right fleet choices, along with the right routes... but all of my routes all had over 4 people on them before me, but yet i still managed to get a good dop and am still growing...[/Quote][/QUOTE]

exactly.. you still grow alot in sim1 unlike sim2, which means that the saturation in sim1 is not affecting your company from growing like it is in sim2... so i would say you do need them:shappy:

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

exactly.. you still grow alot in sim1 unlike sim2, which means that the saturation in sim1 is not affecting your company from growing like it is in sim2... so i would say you do need them:shappy:

I disagree with you there sorry, just added 9 million DOP in 15 minutes so plenty of room for growth.

And as many people do you fail to read my previous posts , it's like talking to a brick wall :)

So NOT saturated !

I'm not playing in sim1 in any case ...

/me awaits the following reply with eagerness, in fact you should get glasses as well, maybe you can get a discount 2 pairs for the price of 1 ;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users