Photo

The ability to research routes without buying gates

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Luigi

Luigi

• 37 posts
ya that seems fair and realistic...would be cool if at some point it is implemented.

everotheleft

everotheleft

• 43 posts

If the developers want to be smug about user suggestions more power to them.

Wow. I wouldn't call it being smug. I'd call it being busy. :-p

However, I do agree. I can't tell you how much I've lost buying gates for routes that don't work.

[Edited on 6/20/2005 by everotheleft]

tornado

tornado

• 45 posts

What if no one is flying a route you're interested in setting up?

Then you've ofund a niche in the market! Chances are that route is going to be prfitable, depending on the plane you put on it! (I suggest you start with a B1900 then work up to the plane you want on that route!).

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts

Originally posted by Crazy764
Just wanted to revisit this thread.

There is no competition on either route, and the distance is about the same. Chicago is larger than Detroit, but San Francisco (and the Bay area) is larger than Seattle. The combined gate costs of DTW+SFO is the same as that of ORD+SEA, yet one route makes practically twice as much money as the other. And that would be ORD-SEA.

So I think it is better to implement this tool sooner rather than later. It would be beneficial for all.

Just an FYI, SFO doesn't serve the bay area. In this game SFO serves San Fransico. All airports are compeltely independant. Flying to JFK will not affect your flights to EWR or LGA. Its not an ideal situation as far as realisim is concerned, but the game plays fine as long as you keep this in mind.

Crazy764

Crazy764

• 206 posts

Originally posted by doug_Or

Originally posted by Crazy764
Just wanted to revisit this thread.

There is no competition on either route, and the distance is about the same. Chicago is larger than Detroit, but San Francisco (and the Bay area) is larger than Seattle. The combined gate costs of DTW+SFO is the same as that of ORD+SEA, yet one route makes practically twice as much money as the other. And that would be ORD-SEA.

So I think it is better to implement this tool sooner rather than later. It would be beneficial for all.

Just an FYI, SFO doesn't serve the bay area. In this game SFO serves San Fransico. All airports are compeltely independant. Flying to JFK will not affect your flights to EWR or LGA. Its not an ideal situation as far as realisim is concerned, but the game plays fine as long as you keep this in mind.

Oh really? I had no idea. Thanks for telling me that.

So what are the demands at each airport based on? Real-world populations or real-world traffic numbers? And if it is based on populations, how does the game separate airports in the same general area (LGA and JFK, etc.)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users