Out of gates already...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
It's approaching halfway through year 1 in sim2, and already we are out of gates in places like Heathrow and Charles De Gaulle. Uh oh!
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com
Add FRA to that list, guess players are after the big $$$$ 1st but it will not be long as the rate and DOP you can acheive in sim2 that players will terminal before long.

Lot of players will soon find as the routes grow that larger locations will take a long time to caculate, making their on line time longer, they will fall by the wayside. Its starting to slow up now, like last round.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

aerospaceair

aerospaceair

• 127 posts
From what I've seen so far though, the sim has been very efficient at calculating and setting routes that are already crowded. It may keep more competition around but I was definately getting tired of waiting 10 minutes to jump on some very crowded routes.
Airline ID: 8791 in the World Airline Alliance

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
Well there are only 3,000 made routes right now, wait till there is 15,000, thats 1/2 of what the last round in sin2 had, then you may fell like eating those words.:D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts

Well there are only 3,000 made routes right now, wait till there is 15,000, thats 1/2 of what the last round in sin2 had, then you may fell like eating those words.:D

Don't remind me... I calculated it took 34 minutes and 19 seconds waiting for ATL to ORD to load :P
Posted Image

paliair

paliair

• 129 posts
Can someone please tell me if I build my own terminal is it like buying a gate and getting the warnings and can my gates be taken away like a regular gate or do I get a little time to build up and the gates don't get taken away?

I searched the forums but i did not find anything

thanks

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

Can someone please tell me if I build my own terminal is it like buying a gate and getting the warnings and can my gates be taken away like a regular gate or do I get a little time to build up and the gates don't get taken away?

I searched the forums but i did not find anything

thanks

There are lot's of forum questions on terminals but to answer the Q?

1 - If you have 10 gates as say HND and you decide to build a terminal, those gates (10) will be sent back to the gates market.

2 - You then own the amount of gates you make with the terminal. These you fully own and cant be removed, you do not get any more notices of gate removal.

3 - Remember, the terminal cost you a lot, you can go look at making a terminal on any gates you want, you will be told the amount it will be, you can just not decide or if you have enough cash purchase the terminal.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

paliair

paliair

• 129 posts
Thanks Travel.

Thanks

Casey

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Don't foget that even if you build a terminal, you still have to pay gate leasing costs.

One thing that I heard mentioned in the past that would help is for anyone that wants to use the auto-pricing feature on routes be charged for it. The charge could be a percentage of the revenue from the route or a fixed rate for all routes or per route. Hopefully that would eliminate some of the demand for it and would help ease the burden on the server.
Posted ImagePosted Image

flightsimer

flightsimer

Senior Member/Beta Tester

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   
well phili, and toronto is also out...

VictorMenendez

VictorMenendez

• 1 posts
Well I am not sure who this is but it is a bit much you not think! How can we small airlines compete when we have much greater airlines in rankings doing this things?

Posted Image

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
Geesh Janice! (Sorry, pun had to be done). Lots of demand for that route, huh?
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

Well I am not sure who this is but it is a bit much you not think! How can we small airlines compete when we have much greater airlines in rankings doing this things?

Posted Image

Was testing to see if Miller has a min price listed in manual pricing plus auto, see if I could make a NAVY BUG, but I got a problem, I have the gates / aircraft / routes, but I cant remove them.

I listed these aircraft on the used market, then removed them.

So, they are in limbo / ghost or Caspers Lucky Bin.

Who knows, but I am peeved as the used market has made a mess of a lot of my smaller aircraft.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

simsmart

simsmart

AE Luver

• Veteran
  • 327 posts

1 - If you have 10 gates as say HND and you decide to build a terminal, those gates (10) will be sent back to the gates market.

Ohh Ohh pick me! I have 6 gates at HND. Aww, so I don't get a free terminal? *jokingly*
I'm baaack!
Follow me on Twitter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users