Photo

Throw out the Airbus bias?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
and as said before, in other threads, the game is not perfect, and stuff that you can do in it, might not be allowed in real life.

But to do all these things would require tremendous amounts of coding, and probably is not worth it.

JulieS

JulieS

• 66 posts
My intent was to clarify the usage of KDCA, what you suggested was patently untrue.

Regarding the "Also please do not use racial, gender, anti-semetic insluts and slurs. Thank you. "---I won't engage in responding to such drivel, becuase I spoke nothing of any of the biases you mention....unless you consider it an "insult" when what you believe and the "facts"---of course less the exceptions you are aware of---are opposed by 180 degrees.

The reality is that nearly the entirety of your last two sentencesSecond there are hundreds of flights to the West Coast from LGA. The runway is to small to fly a plane farther then about 3000 miles or land in big widebodies. DCA does NOT allow flights more then 1000 miles. Next time get the facts right before you try to argue.. were absolutely incorrect...I've landed at KLGA in DC-10', L-1011'a, 767-2/3/4 series...thus I await with anticipation your response to what exactly a "big widebody " is.

I only involved myself becuase when somebody states "Next time get your fact right before you try to argue"...and are absolutely incorrect themselves, it reflects a lack of knowledge, resourcefulness, and initiative (I went to the KDCA website for all of 4 mins to prove your argument totally incorrect). Furthermore suggesting your oversights were "exceptions" that you knew of, is just twisted logic...kinda like "If the glove don't fit you must acquit....ahh even though he killed those 2 people". I have nothing against you, I even enjoy upsate New York (do they still make Utica Club beer---last I checked it was only light;))---but, I don't like or appreciate this newbie versus aged competitor, nor do I appreciate reading falsehoods written as if they are facts. Thanks...and regarding those making comments about, sexual behavior, ethinic background--I didn't see this---get a life and move on to another site---I.E. "I couldn't agree with you more ithboy";)

David

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
Just had a look at Airbus site. A319HGW range with max passengers (no cargo) is 3700nm, enough to make it across the pond.

Although AE's 4300nm is indeed greater than it should be, flying across the pond even with "only" 3700nm from JFK to Europe is hardly a problem.

Copy and paste this - Do NOT click:
http://gc.kls2.com/c...ANGE-STYLE=best

Let's leave headwinds out of the equation...such complex programming is still a long way away.

Edit: Image tag not working.

[Edited on 5/4/2005 by Pacific]

PacificEcho

PacificEcho

• 91 posts
  • WLM ID:nw03@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:sernick18

Originally posted by ithboy
The runway is to small to fly a plane farther then about 3000 miles or land in big widebodies. DCA does NOT allow flights more then 1000 miles. Next time get the facts right before you try to argue.

Um.. unless this changed recently.. like less than 2 years... then your wrong. I took a flight from DCA to DFW non stop in a MD90... that's almost 1200 miles...

FiveZeroBravo

FiveZeroBravo

• 55 posts
This thread sure has turned into a war-zone.. =/

juancho

juancho

• 43 posts
Dudes,

Privatair flies the 319 and 737BBJ derivative across the Atlantic every day. So yes they are ETOPS rated.

See:
http://www.worldairr.../Privatair.html

I have to say in AE there is a noticable bias towards Airbus aircraft based on erroneous specs. I have no idea where they got their information. I hope it's not from either Airbus or Boeing websites for what should be very obvious reasons.

ithboy

ithboy

• 243 posts
  • WLM ID:exposcohen@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:expo27scohen

Originally posted by JulieS
My intent was to clarify the usage of KDCA, what you suggested was patently untrue.

Regarding the "Also please do not use racial, gender, anti-semetic insluts and slurs. Thank you. "---I won't engage in responding to such drivel, becuase I spoke nothing of any of the biases you mention....unless you consider it an "insult" when what you believe and the "facts"---of course less the exceptions you are aware of---are opposed by 180 degrees.

The reality is that nearly the entirety of your last two sentencesSecond there are hundreds of flights to the West Coast from LGA. The runway is to small to fly a plane farther then about 3000 miles or land in big widebodies. DCA does NOT allow flights more then 1000 miles. Next time get the facts right before you try to argue.. were absolutely incorrect...I've landed at KLGA in DC-10', L-1011'a, 767-2/3/4 series...thus I await with anticipation your response to what exactly a "big widebody " is.

I only involved myself becuase when somebody states "Next time get your fact right before you try to argue"...and are absolutely incorrect themselves, it reflects a lack of knowledge, resourcefulness, and initiative (I went to the KDCA website for all of 4 mins to prove your argument totally incorrect). Furthermore suggesting your oversights were "exceptions" that you knew of, is just twisted logic...kinda like "If the glove don't fit you must acquit....ahh even though he killed those 2 people". I have nothing against you, I even enjoy upsate New York (do they still make Utica Club beer---last I checked it was only light;))---but, I don't like or appreciate this newbie versus aged competitor, nor do I appreciate reading falsehoods written as if they are facts. Thanks...and regarding those making comments about, sexual behavior, ethinic background--I didn't see this---get a life and move on to another site---I.E. "I couldn't agree with you more ithboy";)

David

Yes you did prove me wrong which is hard to admit but I did know of the flights but there really wasn't a point about saying them. Also I was not telling you to watch ur language, rather Berky-Woodstock who said "Fags." I don't mind you at all, your one of the new players (Ha I didn' say n00bie!!! :D ) Who doesn't ask a question that is in the FAQ ever 20 minutes.

[Edited on 5/7/2005 by ithboy]

JulieS

JulieS

• 66 posts
Good Deal ithboy!....my intent was more to set the record straight opposed to proving anybody wrong...you forgot the most important question, they still make Utica Club Beer?...if anything was & is insulting it's the taste of that crap!:D-

David

Rammstein

Rammstein

• 84 posts
The largest aircraft in the history of KLGA airport to land there is the 767-400.

No DC-10 has flown into KLGA, and a 767-400 is larger than an L1011 (PAX wise).

I would have to agree, and I am a European saying this, is that the Airbus bias is there, those facts are not correct. You can't compare half full, full, and empty planes together to get your facts, that is just plane silly (pun intended) as some member mentioned. In the future, this needs to be dealt with.

There is a reason why more 737's have been sold than the entire Airbus fleet, and why the world's most successful low cost airline (SW) uses them, and even greater airlines to follow its business model, like Ryanair. Some lowcost airlines like to use the A320 series because they are MUCH cheaper in bulk, saving ~$20m per plane in a 150 plane order is alot! It takes while (not 6 years, but long) for a 737 to pay back that amount.

[Edited on 5/7/2005 by Rammstein]

Fredways

Fredways

• 90 posts

Originally posted by Rammstein
The largest aircraft in the history of KLGA airport to land there is the 767-400.

American and United operated DC-10 flights into LGA for decades. A simple search of airliners.net will pull up dozens of photographs as evidence. Other airlines may have also operated in DC-10... I believe National did into LGA as well at one point.

Rammstein

Rammstein

• 84 posts

Originally posted by Fredways

Originally posted by Rammstein

American and United operated DC-10 flights into LGA for decades. A simple search of airliners.net will pull up dozens of photographs as evidence. Other airlines may have also operated in DC-10... I believe National did into LGA as well at one point.

Hmm, I never knew that. Maybe the statistic I was looking at is "currently" largest aircraft.

JulieS

JulieS

• 66 posts
Want a real airbus bias? Check out how biased KLGA was towards Douglas & Lockheed...I think both the DC-10 & L1011 respectively are larger then the A-300...Yet it took a couple of years (2 I think, correct me if I'm wrong) for the Port Authority of New York to allow the A-300, which Eastern wanted to buy and place on the Shuttle to Boston, to fly out of KLGA. I think the stall tactic was due to the "impact" of the landing gear and how it distributed the planes weight would have upon KLGA taxiways...I think the '10 & the '1011 were/are much heavier? NY & the U.S. just wanted to stall Airbus from gaining entrance into the U.S. by selling (or I think they leased) planes to Eastern...I'm not gonna stand 100% behind my facts, this was obviously awhile back but I'm 85% certain most of what I just stated is fact.

David

FiveZeroBravo

FiveZeroBravo

• 55 posts

Originally posted by juancho
Dudes,

Privatair flies the 319 and 737BBJ derivative across the Atlantic every day. So yes they are ETOPS rated.

See:
http://www.worldairr.../Privatair.html

I have to say in AE there is a noticable bias towards Airbus aircraft based on erroneous specs. I have no idea where they got their information. I hope it's not from either Airbus or Boeing websites for what should be very obvious reasons.

BBJ can make it easily in whatever config.

The A319 in PrivatAir config can, mainly because it is in a all-business/first config.

Rammstein

Rammstein

• 84 posts

Want a real airbus bias? Check out how biased KLGA was towards Douglas & Lockheed...I think both the DC-10 & L1011 respectively are larger then the A-300...Yet it took a couple of years (2 I think, correct me if I'm wrong) for the Port Authority of New York to allow the A-300, which Eastern wanted to buy and place on the Shuttle to Boston, to fly out of KLGA. I think the stall tactic was due to the "impact" of the landing gear and how it distributed the planes weight would have upon KLGA taxiways...I think the '10 & the '1011 were/are much heavier? NY & the U.S. just wanted to stall Airbus from gaining entrance into the U.S. by selling (or I think they leased) planes to Eastern...I'm not gonna stand 100% behind my facts, this was obviously awhile back but I'm 85% certain most of what I just stated is fact.

David

Similar things can be said about Canadian airports and giving exclusive airbus rights. It is all politics, man. It goes both ways. Don't think for a second that it is only those American airports that do things like that.

[Edited on 5/8/2005 by Rammstein]

JulieS

JulieS

• 66 posts
ya got love all the muted "angriness" (sic) burbling under the surface in this thread!:D

juancho

juancho

• 43 posts

BBJ can make it easily in whatever config.

The A319 in PrivatAir config can, mainly because it is in a all-business/first config.

Wrong the A319LR can make it easily as well. The 319LR is the Airbus response to the BBJ and it has 4 extra fuel tanks.

Guest_usaf207cwf_*

Guest_usaf207cwf_*
  • Guests
The stated ranges do not provide for correct dispatch procedures. The regulation states:

§ 121.639 Fuel supply: All domestic operations.
No person may dispatch or take off an airplane unless it has enough fuel—

(a) To fly to the airport to which it is dispatched;

(:D Thereafter, to fly to and land at the most distant alternate airport (where required) for the airport to which dispatched; and

© Thereafter, to fly for 45 minutes at normal cruising fuel consumption or, for certificate holders who are authorized to conduct day VFR operations in their operations specifications and who are operating nontransport category airplanes type certificated after December 31, 1964, to fly for 30 minutes at normal cruising fuel consumption for day VFR operations.

What this means is that while Embraer may display its max range on an ERJ-135ER as 1430nm, a fully loaded ERJ-135ER has a max practical range of closer to 900nm in real airline operations. This may be the reaseon some of the range numbers seem off.

Atlantic_Air

Atlantic_Air

• 846 posts

ya got love all the muted "angriness" (sic) burbling under the surface in this thread!:D

haha i gotta go with you there.

DevSilv7

DevSilv7

• 52 posts
  • WLM ID:djs50fiftyone@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:Fifty50baller237
  • Yahoo ID:djs50fiftyone
I was sort of wondering why the A330-200 was priced cheaper than a 767-300ER when in real life its about $20 million more. They arent even in the same class of aircraft

Canadian

Canadian

AE Luver

• 347 posts
Wow, this topic is old lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users