Photo

Throw out the Airbus bias?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
okay, go cry about it to miller, they are basically almost as correct as you can get them.. one way or another you will hear people complain about the 1000 dollars or less profit change..

let me repeat:
THIS IS NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE FOR MILLER AT THE MOMENT

he has A LOT more problems to worry about than this so just calm down and stop complaining... notice how other threads ended up in the same result.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Berky, GIVE IT UP DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will fixed in due course. At the moment, there are more pressing issues in the game that needs to be fixed which require Miller attention. There is no need at the present moment to update their information of the aircraft on the aircraft list.

From what i see, you seems only care about Boeing and how it is superior and all this crap that u probably ready at airliners.net with the constant A v B crap overthere.

So, deal with it becuase i dont see it changing in the near future!!!!

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
yeah, maestro is right, its not really going to change, and miller got this information of reliable sources, and would not influence which planes are better, but got that off webpages like airliners.net...

just drop this for a while and stop complaining... like its not the most important issue

awfs

awfs

• 14 posts
Okay, guys, if Miller really does care about this, don't you think he would've changed it already? Right now, as mentioned way too many times in this post, Miller has more important things to work out.

Regarding Berky's post
"- They do not have nearly as much computer-related systems in their aircraft and therefore the mechanics don't have to be computer wizzes and deal with the script and errors caused by them. It is much cheaper and easier to repair a boeing."

Why would computer be more expensive to repair then actual cables and pulleys etc? I'm sure, or i hope, that all engineers have basic knowledge of computers, since during UNI or College, computer science is a course in Engineering.

Sunshine Airways CEO

Sunshine Airways CEO

• 568 posts

User's Awards

5    5      
its been talked about before. It really is just Airbuses way of presenting numbers

ithboy

ithboy

• 243 posts
  • WLM ID:exposcohen@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:expo27scohen

Originally posted by Berky-Woodstock

Originally posted by ithboy
All info was taken dirrectly from Boeing and Airbus sites. the thing is Boeing usally takes results of a fully loaded flight where as Airbus does it empty. This result in them both having different results. Everything is fine in my mind and A/c info is probley the least Miller has on his mind.

Let me get this straight.

You think it is fine because you are comparing different types of data resulting in many inaccuracies in AE's aircraft list, yet in "your mind" it is fine. Wow. This game is called AIRLINE empires, as in dealing with aircraft. If this was lemonade empires, then yes, aircraft inaccuracies would be fine but this is rediculous.

Also, there is no way an A319 would get Etops certification to fly transatlantic. Or over any vast body of water. Just because it has the range doesn't mean it is allowed to do it. I was laughing when I saw LGA to Heathrow with an A319. That is another thing, airport and political inaccuracies. LGA cannot have flights past the mississippi or over the atlantic, and this is to protect business at JFK and EWR. Just one of many examples.

We might as well make C172's have $20 ticket price and fly them 9,000nm.....

[Edited on 5/2/2005 by Berky-Woodstock]

I do think it matters that two different types of data are being compared but it is not a MAJOR (Not even minnor) cocern to over 80% of the people that play AE. Look my cousin used to work for boeing and they created a list of a/c, that are all used in the game, and they are ALL very close. All this info was published by boeing them self so you boeing lovers will be sadden. I will post the list when I find out where I put it. Second there are hundreds of flights to the West Coast from LGA. The runway is to small to fly a plane farther then about 3000 miles or land in big widebodies. DCA does NOT allow flights more then 1000 miles. Next time get the facts right before you try to argue.

Berky-Woodstock

Berky-Woodstock

• 15 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:Beng4211

Originally posted by Maestro69
From what i see, you seems only care about Boeing and how it is superior and all this crap that u probably ready at airliners.net with the constant A v B crap overthere.

I am not an a.net member.

I like both companies, they each have their qualities. I am not a "boeing-fanboy" or an "airbus-fanboy". I don't think boeing is superior. I would choose an A330 over a 767 any day. I am just pointing out these errors. You all need to flipping chill out with the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stuff. Nobody is trying to kill anyone. It is reidiculous how worked up all of you guys get.

ithboy

ithboy

• 243 posts

I like both companies, they each have their qualities. I am not a "boeing-fanboy" or an "airbus-fanboy". I don't think boeing is superior. I would choose an A330 over a 767 any day. I am just pointing out these errors. You all need to flipping chill out with the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stuff. Nobody is trying to kill anyone. It is reidiculous how worked up all of you guys get.

We just don't like n00bs :D

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
First of all, sorry for harsh criticism but it just seems that no matter how members in this forum ecplain things, you newbies think you know more than we do!!!

This problem was been mention before, so it is nothing new and even Miller is aware of it, but said there are more important issued to deal with at the moment, which will enhance the game further!!!

Secondly, Berky, you dont have to be a member at a.net to read all the crap that goes on there!!! :D :)

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
Okay, and as it has been said before, this is not the most important issue.

I have personally talked to a lot of the airlines people here, and they see no bias in either one and they choose to go with boeing.. because they feel it is good. Like for gods sake a few bux difference will not be a big difference.

And what you want is a boeing bias.. like you are trying to make the current system, which is pretty fair, into a total boeing game.. why not call it airboeingempires.net ... like for heavens sakes, just accept how it is, and realize that it is not going to be fair, because this is the info found off anet, airbus and boeing sites.

So just relax and enjoy the game, not ruin it with useless arguments over which airplanes will make like 2 bux extra.

PacificEcho

PacificEcho

• 91 posts
  • WLM ID:nw03@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:sernick18
my understanding of this thread has changed since I first posted and read everyone's replies....

I still feel that the distances are alittle off.. however I feel that for the most part, they're okay. after all it's just a game.

I was doing some planning and brainstorming for my airline after it's unpuased.. picked up several routes that have little competition.. and when I start buying q4's and other planes.. I actually found that I will operate Boeings on my medium range flights becuase I've determined that they will probably be alittle bit more profitable.. however it all depends on how I am able to use them on these flights that I have picked out. I think that when I start doing long range flights, I'll probably have a mix airbus and boeing fleet, becuase the 340-500 holds more than the 772LR and flys further, but the 747 still holds more than the 345. I don't plan on operating any 380's, those are too expensive for now :D

Berky-Woodstock

Berky-Woodstock

• 15 posts

Originally posted by ithboy

We just don't like n00bs :D

Really? I don't like fags. :)

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Now, was that really necessary?????? :D :)

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
don't be offensive people, its just a game, no need to get all personal and call people quote "fags"

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
No kidding. Try calling the flamers by another name.

Syrami764

Syrami764

• 57 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:Chandaman61388
  • Yahoo ID:delta76234

Originally posted by PacificEcho
becuase the 340-500 holds more than the 772LR and flys further, but the 747 still holds more than the 345. I don't plan on operating any 380's, those are too expensive for now :D

Well despite his immaturity, he appears to be correct about the 777LR against the A345. I can't find anywhere where it states the A345 having a 9,960NM range. According to airbus it's 9000NM. The 777LR has a max range of 9420NM
Boeing 777-200LR click on characteristics at the top and then 200LR/300ER
Airbus A340-500
Not trying to drag this out any further, but he was right.

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
Being an avid A330 fan, I've noticed that this superb piece of human engineering is completely overrated here! I've already mentioned this in an earlier post.
http://www.airlineem...ad.php?tid=1342

I haven't checked out the rest. Hope this shall be fixed in due course.

In the meanwhile FiveZero, let's flood out fs2004.com!:D

[Edited on 5/4/2005 by Pacific]

[Edited on 5/4/2005 by Pacific]

JulieS

JulieS

• 66 posts
Ithboy-

"DCA does NOT allow flights more then 1000 miles. Next time get the facts right before you try to argue."

Umm, I couldn't agree more::D

Alaska Airlines 5
Flight: AS 5 (Alaska Airlines)
Depart: Washington Ronald Reagan National Apt 3 May 08:00
Arrive: Los Angeles International Apt 3 May 10:41
Aircraft: 73G Stops: Non-Stop

Flight: AS 1 (Alaska Airlines)
Depart: Washington Ronald Reagan National Apt 4 May 09:15
Arrive: Seattle/Tacoma International Apt 4 May 11:56
Aircraft: 73G Stops: Non-Stop
Travel Time: 5hrs 41mins

Flight: AS 3 (Alaska Airlines)
Depart: Washington Ronald Reagan National Apt 4 May 17:30
Arrive: Seattle/Tacoma International Apt 4 May 20:11
Aircraft: 738 Stops: Non-Stop
5hrs 41mins

Flight: HP 805 (America West Airlines)
Depart: Washington Ronald Reagan National Apt 4 May 07:00
Arrive: Phoenix Sky Harbor Intl Apt. 4 May 09:16
Aircraft: 319 Stops: Non-Stop
Travel Time: 5hrs 16mins

HP 662 (America West Airlines)
Depart: Washington Ronald Reagan National Apt 4 May 10:22
Arrive: Phoenix Sky Harbor Intl Apt. 4 May 12:18
Aircraft: 757 Stops: Non-Stop
Click here for details Travel Time: 4hrs 56mins

....Not to argue with you or anything, or even dispute the "facts" as you see them, but.....(oh, and to just save ya a little face I didn't include the nonstops to vegas, salt lake city, or denver;)!!!

Berky-Woodstock

Berky-Woodstock

• 15 posts

Now, was that really necessary?????? :D :)

No.

ithboy

ithboy

• 243 posts
I was only stating the rules of DCA, I did not included the few exceptions of it. Airlines spent years trying to get those flights and in my mind wasted their time. I did stat all facts that were true and atleast I was talking about the right airport.

Also please do not use racial, gender, anti-semetic insluts and slurs. Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users