Photo

Ok here's how you fix it....

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

AirFitch

AirFitch

• 30 posts
#1.....go through and BAN EVERYPERSON who has $1 Fares ANYWHERE..for ANY reason.......

#2......Hello Regulation......Prices will be regulated there will be at the least a Minimum Price listed...this will be based on the Airports size.....Such as...$100 for LAX, or LGA, or JFK type airports and maybe $50 for IND, Nashville, Knoxville type airports....

#3........Totally remove Africa from the game...that is until you can fix the money bug......though I'm skeptical of this alleged bug as I tried to use it this Game......just as I Was about to go Bankrupt I purchased some Gates here in the states and Started making money again.....and have dumped ALL of my African Routes except one which is making some money with a J-31....nothing to write home about but it's helping.......

#4........Time to institute purchase limits on Aircraft.......Set Realistic Purchase limits.....NOBODY buys more then probably 30 or so planes at a time, Except the Military........AND.....Set Production time to a Size specific Thing...so if you Order an A380, it's gonna take about 6 months to a year to get it.......

Realistically to control the problems we're having what needs done is a complete re-write of the Financial Code.......If I could Code I Would be more then willing to offer my help...but I'm not a Programming person.....

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com

#1.....go through and BAN EVERYPERSON who has $1 Fares ANYWHERE..for ANY reason.......

This would be better addressed by altering the pricing script, easier to do and no policing involved allthough this has been discussed 1000x already if you search the forums. Real life airlines also use 1$ flights so it should remain.

In fact I bought a flight to the UK not long ago and it cost me .75€ cents each way. Taxes were 60€ euro's but that's another matter.

#2......Hello Regulation......Prices will be regulated there will be at the least a Minimum Price listed...this will be based on the Airports size.....Such as...$100 for LAX, or LGA, or JFK type airports and maybe $50 for IND, Nashville, Knoxville type airports....

Miller designed this to be a deregulated game, also discussed 1000x before.

#3........Totally remove Africa from the game...that is until you can fix the money bug......though I'm skeptical of this alleged bug as I tried to use it this Game......just as I Was about to go Bankrupt I purchased some Gates here in the states and Started making money again.....and have dumped ALL of my African Routes except one which is making some money with a J-31....nothing to write home about but it's helping.......

The Africa bug was fixed before the round started, this has been mentioned in the forum, is your search button missing?

#4........Time to institute purchase limits on Aircraft.......Set Realistic Purchase limits.....NOBODY buys more then probably 30 or so planes at a ime, Except the Military........AND.....Set Production time to a Size specific Thing...so if you Order an A380, it's gonna take about 6 months to a year to get it.......

This is a beta testing game set a 4x speed on purpose and also on purpose is the ability to order as many aircraft , up to 100 per manufacturer perAE month. This once again has been explained many times in the forum.

Realistically to control the problems we're having what needs done is a complete re-write of the Financial Code.......If I could Code I Would be more then willing to offer my help...but I'm not a Programming person.....

See my comments in black
Posted Image

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts

#4........Time to institute purchase limits on Aircraft.......Set Realistic Purchase limits.....NOBODY buys more then probably 30 or so planes at a time, Except the Military........AND.....Set Production time to a Size specific Thing...so if you Order an A380, it's gonna take about 6 months to a year to get it.......

Ryanair - 151 Boeing 737-800's with 153 on order
American Airlines - 77 Boeing 737-800's with 47 on order
Air France - 68 Airbus A320-200 with 46 on order
Delta Air Lines - 71 Boeing 737-800 with 41 on order
Air Canada - 0 Boeing 787-8 with 37 on order
QANTAS - 0 Boeing 787-9 with 50 on order
Emirates - 0 Airbus A350 with 70 on order

So you see, airlines do order more than 30 planes at a time.
Posted Image

AdvanceAirlines

AdvanceAirlines

• 95 posts

www.Jetstar.com (Sorry if that counts as spam, making a point:sdrool:)

In the past, they have had sales LOWER than $1.

If you go to Google news, and type "Jetstar 5c" you'll see that their lowest sale is 0.05 AUD - and it's not an uncommon sight.

Tiger Airways, Singapore Air's LCC (I think), operates supposedly extremely low fares around Asia, and now Australia. Around Australia, they have sales of about 9.00 AUD, typically.

You might want to re-think your posts. :sdrool:
Posted Image

airozzie

airozzie

Watchdog's Senior Manager

• 633 posts

He has little or no sense of education, poor person. Miller how about setting up paypal to help pay for his education?

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
I do think he has a good point with the 6 months rule, kinda a lot mroe realistic that way, especially in sim1. Like DC-3's take 2 months to build, yet when we get to them A380's will take about 8 months (I'm not sure of the correct timescale) to complete. Just my suggestion though.
Posted Image

colsie

colsie

• 16 posts
Ok and here is a better way to fix it. Have courteous people around. In real life airleins are monitored why not do that here.

We have an airlein who is hogging all the airbus orders and he is basically taking away the enjoyment of the game for smaller airlines just starting out. I am dreading and looking forward to the reset.

watchdog

watchdog

Senior AE Manager

• 534 posts

Ok and here is a better way to fix it. Have courteous people around.

Courteous:

huh, where do u find 10 of them like airozzie
airozzie
airozzie
airozzie
airozzie
airozzie
airozzie
airozzie
airozzie
airozzie
airozzie

oh thats 10 :)
Posted Image

Go Fly ATL

Go Fly ATL

• 133 posts

User's Awards

Â  7  Â  2  Â  10  Â 
whens the reset?

colsie

colsie

• 16 posts
January the 8th.

colsie

colsie

• 16 posts
http://www.airlineem...ent/view/68/64/

I think the reaosn is for somethign brought up over the last few threads. AKA airlines not leting new airlines in to routes. AKA putting the A380 on a short haul for $1.

In the real world we have a name for this unfair market strategy and we even have legislation and a court to report it to if they are attempting to create total market control. Maybe we need that.

Kontio

Kontio

Mur!

• 97 posts
  • WLM ID:kontioaviation@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:kontioaviation

http://www.airlineem...ent/view/68/64/

I think the reaosn is for somethign brought up over the last few threads. AKA airlines not leting new airlines in to routes. AKA putting the A380 on a short haul for $1.

In the real world we have a name for this unfair market strategy and we even have legislation and a court to report it to if they are attempting to create total market control. Maybe we need that.

Check the year...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

colsie

colsie

• 16 posts
Damn it. A reset would be really good.

Kontio

Kontio

Mur!

• 97 posts
  • WLM ID:kontioaviation@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:kontioaviation

Damn it. A reset would be really good.

The game (sim1) is usually reset after 10 game years. Sim2 runs faster and I haven't been paying attention how often that is reset.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

colsieDamn it. A reset would be really good.

Kontio wrote The game (sim1) is usually reset after 10 game years. Sim2 runs faster and I haven't been paying attention how often that is reset.

Miller made 1946 as a new game, one feels that this will run for many many years for a number of reasons

1. The starting routes are short
2. The saturation mark is slow
3. There are much improvements that Miller can introduce in this round
4. Sure gate are getting harder in well known locations but those airlines will as they grow build terminals which will release gates
5. If Miller re-acts the dormant airlines this will release gates
6. Of those airlines as I write there is only 726 yet we have had past rounds with over 2,000 active - Take away the % that are non-active then this game will last forever.

So the notion of a re-set is silly

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:AeProjectManager
Several points I'd like to make:

I'm not yet decided on the $1 fares. There are two arguements, which I think both have validity:

- Airlines currently offer $1 fares, so it is realistic to have them.
This is true, however the biggest problem I have with it is that no airlines offers an average of $1 fares. All told, the fares we're setting in AE are average fares, and no airline can possibly make money on $1 fares.

- $1 fares are predatory and ruin the game.
This is also true. For the argument that $1 fares are realistic, you can also make the argument that anti-predatory regulation is also realistic. But the problem is how do you simulate anti-predatory regulation. Can an airline not open a route if it's not profitable? That's not realistic. Do we set a minimum price? That's not really a change, since the predatory practices will continue around the new minimum price. Effectively we already have this in place with a minimum price of $1. Somewhere in the middle of profitability and a minimum price is the answer. Exactly what that is, is yet to be determined.

Is it cheating to throw out $1 fares? I really don't think it is, simply because the game allows it. Should the game allow it? Probably not, but deciding how to regulate it is the first step. Once we figure that out I can code in the restrictions.

On aircraft deliveries, it has always been a goal of AE to simulate the effects of jammed order books on the industry. No airline puts in an order for a new aircraft and receives it that day, or even that month, for that matter. Used aircraft, and ACMI, yes, but we have that separated out. I've adjusted the delivery process so that you can receive no more than 2 aircraft per manufacturer per month. Included in that is the manufacturers will increase their production by 10% of the delivery queue. What this means is that the actual monthly output of the manufacturer is determined fresh every month.
This makes it impossible to predict with any high degree of certainty how long it will take to receive your aircraft. So when you look at the delivery books, remember that they're not exact. In fact, they're probably pretty far off. If you see one carrier with the top 100 deliveries, remember that they can get no more than 2 per month.

All that being said, I'm making a ton of changes behind the scenes. There were some admin changes last week, and I'm currently working on a complete rewrite of the used aircraft market to fix the bugs and introduce aircraft leasing. I have some work to do on the sim2 load factor which for some reason went wacko this time. The LF's are all way too high. I have also included a new dynamic map from which you can search for gates. I'd like to include the route map in this, and hopefully a type of API that will allow you to show it on other boards, and your own website. That will allow you to brag about your airline, (and the free advertising for AE doesn't hurt either;).

So, that's what's going on at AE headquarters.

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts

On aircraft deliveries, it has always been a goal of AE to simulate the effects of jammed order books on the industry. No airline puts in an order for a new aircraft and receives it that day, or even that month, for that matter. Used aircraft, and ACMI, yes, but we have that separated out. I've adjusted the delivery process so that you can receive no more than 2 aircraft per manufacturer per month. Included in that is the manufacturers will increase their production by 10% of the delivery queue. What this means is that the actual monthly output of the manufacturer is determined fresh every month.
This makes it impossible to predict with any high degree of certainty how long it will take to receive your aircraft. So when you look at the delivery books, remember that they're not exact. In fact, they're probably pretty far off. If you see one carrier with the top 100 deliveries, remember that they can get no more than 2 per month.

I quite like that idea... Maybe is it possible to have a minimum ticket price of say, $30, because I can't see any routes making decent money with less than that. Also, you could limit the amount of frequencies on a route for larger aircraft per day. Just a thought though.
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
If you look at sim 2 (beta) I know but the player who is ranked 1st has a massive loss due to massive orders placed.

This must clog up the server.

Thus slowing down the game.

I remember reading in the forums that airlines who mass on just a few routes and in the end restult show a massive loss of DOP should be removed.

this is a classic example of such iddiot play.

Miller has just announced massive news abvove, I hope that silly play like this wll be acted upon by AE anagement

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
I don't see why we're all ganging up on Advance now, KaaiElEm has has massive orders for a long time and no-one bar me has batted an eyelid.
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

I don't see why we're all ganging up on Advance now, KaaiElEm has has massive orders for a long time and no-one bar me has batted an eyelid.

I am not going to flog at either but the numbers speak for themself:

RankAirlineCitiesFleetHubsValuationDetailed
Info1 Advance Airlines (17594)43 13128 15 $9,482,373,732,010 View2 KaaiElEm (13136)495 2600 85 $7,257,526,757,440 View

1 has only 43 Cities against 495
1 has 13,128 aircraft against 2,600
1 has only 15 hubs against 85

1 has 2 billion and more loss the other is 38 billion in profit

Need I say more:thumbdown:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users