Multiple Airlines

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
Now before anyone bashes me for sparking up this debate again, I think that now the game is making steps forward we should revisit the pros and cons of multiple accounts:

Pro: Unrealistic Amounts Of Planes - If one airline is used for regional, national and international flights, then there will be an obscene amount of planes/ plane types in an airline, making the game look unrealistic.
Con: Feeder - Needless to say this is a major issue in multiple accounts and such.
Pro: Small Airports - It's difficult to find majors flying into smaller airports like TLH, HPN or SNA for example, usually it;s the connecting/ regional airlines such as United Express, or Comair (Delta Connection).
Con: More Competition - If we did allow multiple accounts, the competition on routes would go up possibly double on some routes. While this is fairly realistic (inflation), this would hurt the airlines who join later in the game.

What I suggest is that we allow up to two accounts on each server, provided that one airline is distinguishable as a subsidary of the first, i.e.
Airline 1: FlyWorld Air
Airline 2: FlyWorld Regional, or FlyWorld Connect (Or even to some extent 'ConnectAmerica (FlyWorld Air)').

But this is just a suggestion, please post your views on the topic. (It would be good if this were stickied and let as an ongoing discussion).
Posted Image

Kontio

Kontio

Mur!

• 97 posts
  • WLM ID:kontioaviation@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:kontioaviation
I really don't see the point here. So what if my props and regional jets were operated from one account and big jets from another account? I would have to manage them all anyway and it would be inconvenient to switch between accounts. Also, for this to make any sense, the two accounts would have to share the connecting passengers. That sounds like a major change in the game, which would introduce lots of new bugs and take a lot of time until it worked properly. That time would be better spent on developing other aspects of the game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ian

ian

• 436 posts
i agree with Konito.
the great thing about this game is there is no limit on the number of planes you can have. so your "major" can operate a "regional" at the same time. I could have a fleet like WN and have say 75 737s, but at the same time have 40 Q400s for my regional aspect. There is no point in splitting it up when you can do it all t once.

simsmart

simsmart

AE Luver

• Veteran
  • 327 posts
Or even extend it to... You can transfer funds, gates, and planes for free.
I'm baaack!
Follow me on Twitter.

airozzie

airozzie

Watchdog's Senior Manager

• 633 posts
Mods delete post

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Ah this reminds me of another game.. where u had the option of making a corporate organisation, and then choose to run a Passenger airline and then, a Cargo airline.

It could work on AE, but perhaps focus on being able to create legacy, regional, LCCs, business-only carriers.. under the same company name. But then again, not sure if it would work as smoothly as i suggest.. :P

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Speaking of Cargo Airlines, I was just reviewing a list of Cargo aircraft today and the purchase and lease costs. Would be interesting to see a Cargo based game with the airport list from Sim 1. That would limit the number of aircraft types available.

Kontio - Exactly. If you want to run a regional airline, why not just add the same regional aircraft to your airline? It is easier to manage your routes in one airline, rather than having multiple accounts.
Posted ImagePosted Image

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
Well that didn't go down too well, O.K. then, how about this:
You can place certain planes under a 'section' of your one account, for example:
Mainline:
1 x Boeing 717-200
3 x Boeing 737-800
5 x Boeing 737-900
5 x Boeing 757-200
2 x Boeing 767-300ER
Regional:
3 x Boeing 717-200
12 x Embraer ERJ-145
4 x Saab 2000

Not only would it be easier to distinguish other people's fleets, it would be easy to sort aircraft like this in the Aircraft menu, thus easily being able to check profits and such.
Posted Image

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
We were able to do that on the routes page when the sort functions worked properly. It never really worked all the way for Profits, but at least it was close. Sorting by aircraft type or origin also used to work.
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users