Photo

overloading on routes

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

dansatak

dansatak

• 37 posts
following on from a previous post i have a major problem with some arse putting 4 daily flights with a330 & 2 with 757 on mad to svo route at double the fare what myself and one other airline are causing myself anyway to post massive daily loss on this route and having to close route

sorry but its SATURN V

this is becoming ridiculous, before it was very tight you could still make a profit but saturnv is obviously out to ruin the game

YamazaruNinja

YamazaruNinja

• 463 posts
Do publicly accuse somebody. Besides, just drop the route and go somewhere else. How about the tropics?:P

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
How about trying to figure out if you can get a route to some faraway planet, where you can accuse ANYONE you want! Seriously though, overloading is not a crime and it IS a way to make money on the game...
Posted Image

Timsher

Timsher

Just a ling

• 573 posts
  • WLM ID:Timsher@gmail.com
  • Yahoo ID:Timsher19
The official term for it is route dumping, it's a mild way of saying "anyone who's still playing please leave the route now."

Most people are too stubborn to listen, but the smaller airlines usually are forced off.
Posted Image

NewYinzer

NewYinzer

• 14 posts
Rather than complaining about the supermajors and their route dumping (just ask Emirates), why not add more smaller airports to make the game better for small carriers? Egypt has many serviceable airports, but I only see Cairo. We don't need more regulation, which goes against the capitalistic nature of the game, but more markets. New carriers can exploit those markets, rather than being forced out of current markets by the supermajors.

Remember people - a J31 is built for Portsmouth to New London/Groton, not New York to Boston!

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
NewYinzer: You've made the same point three times on three separate posts... I am doing something about the airports in the game... Why don't you stop annoying others about it and actuall do something about it?
Posted Image

Zantop63

Zantop63

President, StarAlliance

• 46 posts

(just ask Emirates)

What about me??:puzzled:

Remember people - a J31 is built for Portsmouth to New London/Groton, not New York to Boston!

Quote FlyWorld Air: NewYinzer: You've made the same point three times on three separate posts... I am doing something about the airports in the game... Why don't you stop annoying others about it and actuall do something about it?

Exactly...
Emirates - A proud member of StarAlliance

dansatak

dansatak

• 37 posts
sorry for naming another player, but its not the only route, just bought 3 a330 and cant make more than 10k a day operating profit per plane max, have tried all so called smaller unpopular gateways to fly from but cant make profit, shanghai to gatwick is not used but cant make sod all, i think this game has just went down pan, 3rd time on this game and last twice were ok best finish 80 dop 9m , this time been up to 5m dop and down to 3m in 48hrs

dansatak

dansatak

• 37 posts
i dont agree with regulation as such but maybe a litlle might help, i.e aircraft on certain routes i.e a380 on 2hr domestic route i.e ncl to lhr is a joke, might expect that on hnd-nrt or something, maybee game needs to open more airports and more pax per route

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
What bugs me is the wat NCL can't handle an A380 or even if it can it could only a VERY lightly loaded one.
Posted Image

Watsup Airways

Watsup Airways

• 121 posts
Same thing with LGA... Also why does LGA have the best domestic market out of all the NYC airports??? JFK and Newark both have higher passenger bases, same with IAH and HOU...

The A380s and 747s, even A330s and 787s CANT EVER fly into LGA and other airports of that type...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Watsup Airways
Sim 2 (16605)

NewYinzer

NewYinzer

• 14 posts

What about me??:puzzled:

Quote FlyWorld Air: NewYinzer: You've made the same point three times on three separate posts... I am doing something about the airports in the game... Why don't you stop annoying others about it and actuall do something about it?

Exactly...

I meant the real airline Emirates...not the simulated airline which also shares the name Emirates...I should have said that in my first post. Gomen!

As for annoying people - the average member around here can't add airports to a list in-game or somehow magically gain the ability to edit the game. I was trying to draw attention to a problem, not single people out.

watchdog

watchdog

Senior AE Manager

• 534 posts

What bugs me is the wat NCL can't handle an A380 or even if it can it could only a VERY lightly loaded one.

We all know that there are many locations in real life that A330's or A380's are unable to operate at many locations, the game was designed to edit and restrict those larger aircraft however Miller22 has been on other duties and with the supposed V3 sim which tourqueWrench gave us all high expectations and the visits the 2 made to each other, Miller22 would be pissed off that TW has vacated leaving Miller22 to do the lot. Do not expect any alterations or advancement in this sim now or in the future.
Posted Image

Hydrogeek

Hydrogeek

• AE Moderator
  • 235 posts
I am curious how a particular airline can have 2 A380's travelling twice daily between FLL and OKC with $500 fares and expect to make a profit?

SkyGroup Admin

[/size]

AE Global Moderator

our beautiful little girl Brooke Renée was born 10/15/12 @ 4:49 PM! She's currently over 17 38 pounds and counting and 4 years old!  :wub:

YamazaruNinja

YamazaruNinja

• 463 posts
IDK. You can only go for a big city to a small/medium city or to another lagre city to actually make a profit on an A380.:P

In almost every world, I use the airline "Alto Airlines" unless I don't feel like it :yes:

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts

I am curious how a particular airline can have 2 A380's travelling twice daily between FLL and OKC with $500 fares and expect to make a profit?

Some people call it the hub effect. I call it 'cheating'.
Posted Image

LOT 737-300

LOT 737-300

• 274 posts
  • WLM ID:kw5024@cs.com
  • AIM Screen Name:kw5024
  • Yahoo ID:lot767300

Some people call it the hub effect. I call it 'cheating'.

Well, actually, the "hub effect" has a lot to do with it. If you have an airport that you've hubbed, and you have many flights, practically from everywhere on earth. That creates connecting pax and since your planes will be filled up faster, you also get to charge more. I think I remember reading that the script also had a "Largest hubbed airline bias", where pax will go to you first before anyone else. You'll need a sizable amount of flights before this effect takes place though. Does it tick many people off? Undoubtibly, Yes. Is it cheating? No.

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
Well it could be classed as cheating if you use this to massively attack most major cities in the game, rendering them useless. Than again, I'm a nerd. Leave. Me. Be!
Posted Image

LOT 737-300

LOT 737-300

• 274 posts
  • WLM ID:kw5024@cs.com
  • AIM Screen Name:kw5024
  • Yahoo ID:lot767300

Well it could be classed as cheating if you use this to massively attack most major cities in the game, rendering them useless. Than again, I'm a nerd. Leave. Me. Be!

Nope, still legal, not cheating, just something that gets you upset if you're not that airline but your on the route. If you dump capacity on a route, and then have the connecting pax back it up, then it's not cheating, just nerve racking for people that are not that airline. Perhaps the LF script needs rewirting to be more accomendating to more than one airline, maybe by writing out the part of the script that has bias to the largest hub? I'm not sure, all I know is that we'll have to wait for a reset that also includes many large changes to make the game more balenced out.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Hey, happens in the real world.... guess no one told Flyworld air :P :(

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users