Photo

Europe destroyed

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

ian

ian

• 436 posts
ok this has gotten ridiculous. Europe has been destroyed by the person doing the gate thing...i hate to say it but maybe the game needs to be reset? (i dont want a reset, just saying its a possible solution)

watchdog

watchdog

Senior AE Manager

• 534 posts
Yes a $$%^^&&& turkey who is known to us all thinks they are good.

little do they know that all they are doing is inflating their own little PIN HEAD
Posted Image

archville

archville

• 38 posts
If it gets reset haven't they won? i mean the people who do this want us to have to keep resetting the game which ruins our enjoyment, if it gets reset then they have had their way, they'd only do it again after the rest anyway, makes the game more of a challenge, particularly with no gates and limbo eating planes.
just my 2 cents worth

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
I think a possible way of defeating this is implementing a max number of gates say, 5, before you have to build a terminal to get any more gates at that airport. Harsh I know, especially for newcomers, but it would make it about 40-50% harder for the people that kill the game like this.
Posted Image

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com
No point in resetting untill the root problem is solved. Until then anyway I wont be playing in sim1 anymore.

So up to miller to save the game for those that enjoy playing it
Posted Image

StephenM

StephenM

• 987 posts
  • WLM ID:srkm@eircom.net
Resetting will have absolutely no effect. The same person can just hog the gates again. So why bother?
Aer Solas

ian

ian

• 436 posts

I think a possible way of defeating this is implementing a max number of gates say, 5, before you have to build a terminal to get any more gates at that airport. Harsh I know, especially for newcomers, but it would make it about 40-50% harder for the people that kill the game like this.

worst idea ever

YamazaruNinja

YamazaruNinja

• 463 posts
We just need to take off both sims and reset the whole game and this time miller (or another trusted person) would have to okay the sign up. Anyway making everybody sign up again and banning the people who cheat.

(This wasn't my idea)

In almost every world, I use the airline "Alto Airlines" unless I don't feel like it :yes:

LOT 737-300

LOT 737-300

• 274 posts
  • WLM ID:kw5024@cs.com
  • AIM Screen Name:kw5024
  • Yahoo ID:lot767300
I second ian, I like the forced terminal concept, but perhaps a higher number, such as 20 or even 25 should be the point where it is forced. 5 would just be too pointlessly harsh, especially if you start at the beginning of the round, max out your gates, and you need more. Where are ya gonna get the 75 mil for that then?

LeipeLimbo

LeipeLimbo

• 492 posts
grmbl darn mfkr Juan Trippe should get a permanent IP block .. And Miller should defenatly look at the roots of this problem . This is getting pathetic ;):(
Theo ceo Limbo Lines
ID #9350
Posted ImagePosted Image

LOT 737-300

LOT 737-300

• 274 posts
  • WLM ID:kw5024@cs.com
  • AIM Screen Name:kw5024
  • Yahoo ID:lot767300
I just checked this out myself. This is really bad, especially for my airline since it is operating out of WAW (not really affected, but many airports around it are), and I was planning to obtain a new aircraft soon to help start OTP service (which is now at -380 gates.) ;)

Timsher

Timsher

Just a ling

• 573 posts
  • WLM ID:Timsher@gmail.com
  • Yahoo ID:Timsher19
I agree, this round is shot... I vote miller bans this guy(s), fixes the exploit, declares Limbo the winner, and resets the game.
Posted Image

ian

ian

• 436 posts

I agree, this round is shot... I vote miller bans this guy(s), fixes the exploit, declares Limbo the winner, and resets the game.

i second that

airozzie

airozzie

Watchdog's Senior Manager

• 633 posts
I dont, this has been my best round so far (hint I want to take over Ian Air spot in profit wise)

ian

ian

• 436 posts

I dont, this has been my best round so far (hint I want to take over Ian Air spot in profit wise)

haha not going to happen any time soon...the reason i went down was because i built a 550 mil terminal

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Wow... people getting big heads already... :sdrool:

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

ian

ian

• 436 posts

Wow... people getting big heads already... :sdrool:

now if it were you that had made that statement i wouldnt have questioned it ;)

sq_a380

sq_a380

AE Luver

• 409 posts
Maybe there's a way to fix the whole problem, like setting the minimum number of gates to 0 or something. I really don't know but I want this to be fixed asap

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

now if it were you that had made that statement i wouldnt have questioned it :P

Dont know, its all open to interpretation ;)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

StephenM

StephenM

• 987 posts
  • WLM ID:srkm@eircom.net

Maybe there's a way to fix the whole problem, like setting the minimum number of gates to 0 or something. I really don't know but I want this to be fixed asap

Scripting wise:

$checkGates = mysql_fetch_array (mysql_query ("SELECT `number` FROM `gates` WHERE `airport_code`='$code'"), MYSQL_NUM);
if (($checkGates - $quant) < 0) {
# Do something about it...
echo 'Problem';
} else {
# Go ahead and allow the rental
}
Aer Solas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users