Photo

How Do You Stay Out of Debt?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

YamazaruNinja

YamazaruNinja

• 463 posts
I am wondering! Every time I have declared bankruptcy (2 times) I have made routes (only a few) and had most of my money lost or lower than I thought it would be. If anybody has a suggestion... please PM me or post below. Thanks!

penguinboy

penguinboy

Person

• 152 posts
Normally you want to join at the beginning of the round (before the reset) and get a hold on a route or two. Right now I would recommend finding a route only used by one other airline or none.
CEO - penguinairways.com
President - ExpressAlliance (Sim 1)
Founding Member - Tradewinds Alliance (Sim 2)

a

a

• 484 posts
  • WLM ID:ross_mcintosh1@hotmail.com
Its always tough to join in the game at a later stage, even a couple days after its started can be difficult, but i would recomend the same as penguin, spend some time look at routes and try to find one where there is a decent fair being charged and that there is low or no competition.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

YamazaruNinja

YamazaruNinja

• 463 posts
Ok. I see now. And I have one question. Does anybody besides me hate the 2 week wait to declare bankruptcy? I think it should be 2 weeks in the game or 1 day in real life (whichever is shorter).

penguinboy

penguinboy

Person

• 152 posts
Yeah . . . especially when you first start. When I first started, I declared bankruptcy, but I accidentally chose the wrong city at startup. I had to wait two weeks again, and by that point, there were no routes without at least 2 airlines on them.
CEO - penguinairways.com
President - ExpressAlliance (Sim 1)
Founding Member - Tradewinds Alliance (Sim 2)

YamazaruNinja

YamazaruNinja

• 463 posts
So basically, buy from a city that has a lot of gates (usually less competition). Am I right?

archville

archville

• 38 posts
Yes generally, and go for short routes like VCE-NAP not VCE-OPT or VCE-EDI, dont go USA after start up, go Europe or Asia or North Africa

YamazaruNinja

YamazaruNinja

• 463 posts
I have two cities in the US an two cities in South America.

LOT 737-300

LOT 737-300

• 274 posts
  • WLM ID:kw5024@cs.com
  • AIM Screen Name:kw5024
  • Yahoo ID:lot767300
Well, you don't want to use puddle jumpers on longer routes (more than 450nm), as that limits their potential moneymaking abilities. Try finding routes in markets that have gates, but also appear to be rather underserved. Also, to prevent stress, make sure that there are at least 4 or 5 cities within a good 500-600nm range of it. If you follow this, you might be able to get some limited sucess if you entered late, though I'll tell you that a chance of getting into the top 150 would be slim. As you get larger planes and faster, your DOP will increase and you'll climb the ranks quicker (and you won't fall that quickly unless something dramatic happens.)

Timsher

Timsher

Just a ling

• 573 posts
  • WLM ID:Timsher@gmail.com
  • Yahoo ID:Timsher19
Remember that the more frequencies you can run, the more paying passengers you can have. So short routes are a must, don't forget to look into the 75-100nm routes which many people ignore due to the load factor limit, these usually are still sparsely populated at this point.
Posted Image

YamazaruNinja

YamazaruNinja

• 463 posts

Well, you don't want to use puddle jumpers on longer routes (more than 450nm), as that limits their potential moneymaking abilities. Try finding routes in markets that have gates, but also appear to be rather underserved. Also, to prevent stress, make sure that there are at least 4 or 5 cities within a good 500-600nm range of it. If you follow this, you might be able to get some limited sucess if you entered late, though I'll tell you that a chance of getting into the top 150 would be slim. As you get larger planes and faster, your DOP will increase and you'll climb the ranks quicker (and you won't fall that quickly unless something dramatic happens.)

My South American cites had no choice but to fly to another city just about 500-600nm away. (Rio De Janeiro to Brasilia) There are no airports (in AE) that are any closer.

Does anybody have a plane they are selling for under $5mil? I have unused gates and I would desire a small or medium plane. Unless anybody wants a gate?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users