Photo

Will Miller ever learn

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

grumpyone

grumpyone

• 154 posts
Miller has the same bugs in the game as when I last played some 2-years back, is not the game in beta still?

Why not add into the game some of the alterations that have been tested within game 2 sim?

Why is there so many bogus airlines in the game again?

Beta means

A software release is the distribution, whether public or private, of an initial or new and upgraded version of a computer software product. Each time a software program or system is changed, the software engineers and company doing the work decide on how to distribute the program or system, or changes to that program or system. Software patches are one method of distributing the changes, as are downloads and compact discs.
Software release stages

The software release life cycle is composed of different stages that describe the stability of a piece of software and the amount of development it requires before final release. Each major version of a product usually goes through a stage when new features are added, or the alpha stage; a stage when it is being actively debugged, or the beta stage; and finally a stage when all important bugs have been removed, or the stable stage. Intermediate stages may also be recognized. The stages may be formally announced and regulated by the project's developers, but sometimes the terms are used informally to describe the state of a product. Conventionally, code names are often used by many companies for versions prior to the release of the product, though the actual product and features are rarely secret.

From the past 24-months of testing, forum comments and massive amounts of testing there is little if no additions, if beta values was to be kept then this game has run it lifespan.

the stability of a piece of software and the amount of development it requires before final release.

Then this game will never change and only fools keep playing with others popping in now and again to see if the grass is any greener

airozzie

airozzie

Watchdog's Senior Manager

• 633 posts
You Grumpyone have just taken the prize out for the most stupid post ever seen since man created a light bulb.

Get over yourself, its a game he has a life if you want to play it play it, if not the door is over there but dont slam the door behind you.

We know there is still problems but we still play.

Man whats the world coming to with these pointless idiots

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Its a beta game, but then again, there only has 1 man working on this project for a good couple of years, Miller. He also stated numerous times of this work-family pressures and that time to code a game like this wasnt on his side. He even got Torque involved to help out, yet we havent heard much on that side of the game.

Yes, nearly 3 years of which the game has remained the same, with the same problems as during those years, but we are still here because we are not fools, but because we believe this game has potential and a bright future. We are here, willing to help if need be and those who dont like the game as it is or because of the developer attending to family or work matters and wanting to work 24/7 on the game, can leave and walk away.

Its really that simple..

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

Americana

Americana

• 19 posts

Its a beta game, but then again, there only has 1 man working on this project for a good couple of years, Miller. He also stated numerous times of this work-family pressures and that time to code a game like this wasnt on his side. He even got Torque involved to help out, yet we havent heard much on that side of the game.

Yes, nearly 3 years of which the game has remained the same, with the same problems as during those years, but we are still here because we are not fools, but because we believe this game has potential and a bright future. We are here, willing to help if need be and those who dont like the game as it is or because of the developer attending to family or work matters and wanting to work 24/7 on the game, can leave and walk away.

Its really that simple..

Really? Im here because its free.....

and addictive.
Posted Image

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

Really? Im here because its free.....

and addictive.

Oh that too.. ;)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

StephenM

StephenM

• 987 posts
  • WLM ID:srkm@eircom.net
Put it this way, it gives the competition more chance to catch up, There are now piles of similar games, but still AE remains the old favourite in my opinion.
Aer Solas

a

a

• 484 posts
  • WLM ID:ross_mcintosh1@hotmail.com
I don't understand why people have to moan about things that obviously ain't cahnging any time soon, i know i have come and gone in the past, i've played for a few years, with varing success, but i still enjoy the game, and i know the majority of people do, i don't understand why the few moans can't be more considerate for the people who just want to play the game.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

penguinboy

penguinboy

Person

• 152 posts
Why are you mad at Miller? Without Miller, this game wouldn't exist. It's free, too. I would like to see you make a full game with no bugs.
CEO - penguinairways.com
President - ExpressAlliance (Sim 1)
Founding Member - Tradewinds Alliance (Sim 2)

fischer

fischer

AE Addict To-Be

• 17 posts
How about you do this much work and not get a dime for it... Miller does have a life outside of AE.

I think people like Miller and StephenM(airline mogul) don't get enough credit for the selfish work they do for us.

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
i dont think even getting credit from everyone for doing what they do during their spare time and out of their own money is enough for what they actually face, day in day out.

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

LOT 737-300

LOT 737-300

• 274 posts
  • WLM ID:kw5024@cs.com
  • AIM Screen Name:kw5024
  • Yahoo ID:lot767300
Well, most of this is on Miller's time and dollar. I'd love it too if he'd fix alot of the bugs too. But the only way to get that around is if you probebly just stop playing. Once miller notices that his resources are being wasted on a game that only 10 people are playing, he'll either A) pull the plug or B)put it on standby to work out for some time.

oubobcat

oubobcat

• 236 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:parsonparsons
yes thats a great idea LOT. let just all quit. then he will think "oh, no one wants to play my game anymore so why bother?" thats a great idea. if we all quit there will be no more AE. i highly doubt that he will change much if anything because ive been playing almost 2 years and nothing has changed except atr speed, a few boeings are made more efficient and yield was added (maybe a few other things) but saying we should all quit is just stupid.
vice president and director of public relations for ACE alliance.

cleveland rocks! pittsburgh sucks! and i wont even get into that other city in that state over there near washington DC that stole my team. i also dont give a damn for the whole state of michigan cause im from ohio but thats beside the point!

LOT 737-300

LOT 737-300

• 274 posts
  • WLM ID:kw5024@cs.com
  • AIM Screen Name:kw5024
  • Yahoo ID:lot767300
I didn't say stop playing (though it is easy to mis-interperate it like that). I said that thats probebly the only way that those who are complaining might only get to see any big changes (and no more AE is a big change, are we in areement there? Note the two possibilities also.) If I knew more about programing things (the only codeing in games I've done was in Flight Simultor to put in repaints and add special effects.) and how it was done to make AE, trust me, I would be more than happy to join in. This is a good game, but I view the bigger issues (annoying bugs, random activation of LF bug, just to name two) tend to put it down a bit and really chase away players as well. I know that miller is trying to fix some of the issues and add new features to make the game better. Sim2 is a great example of this.

grumpyone

grumpyone

• 154 posts

Well, most of this is on Miller's time and dollar. I'd love it too if he'd fix alot of the bugs too. But the only way to get that around is if you probebly just stop playing. Once miller notices that his resources are being wasted on a game that only 10 people are playing, he'll either A) pull the plug or B)put it on standby to work out for some time.

Sorry, however the point of this post was to alert Miller to the very fact that within the game there are like 800 airlines. There has to be only 50 genuine players. Past ppl's have left and not returned due to the simple fact that the changes in the sim have not altered for over 36 or more months.

Me, like may others like the game, it is free for now and in this current format I would not pay to play.

Reading the forums once a month tells all who are former players that little or no change has come about in the game.

But, if you all take time to view the forum posts and notice that many a good suggestion has been given by players to reduce the cheats and other game related issues the game would be more enjoyable and would grow.

Beta is just that, (Testing Ground)

So post the abuse at me, that is fine, all I am asking is Miller to make some alterations/additions/improvements at a reset and then this BETA SIM is advancing. Take some time Miller to read the valid comments to solve some real issues in the sim.

Right now it is like an old JUMBO, laying and decaying in the Nevada desert

airozzie

airozzie

Watchdog's Senior Manager

• 633 posts
dont like it piss off mate.

I have enough of you idiots on the road every single day that complain....

Shut up about it or piss off!

dbuis

dbuis

I'm a lost little DC9

• 13 posts
Guys, easy on him. I can see what he means, but he just worded it improperly.

The bugs, of course, have remained over the course of the game. No one can deny that. How much would be better if the game was fixed? Alot.

Would it benefit miller to do the changes? Yes and no?

No - Because he'll have to spend time in his day to do it. (But after 3 years, 30 minutes a day could have alot of changes made)

Yes - Because if he did it, more people would find it enjoyable, meaning more visitors, meaning more ad revenue, meaning near free server rental, meaning he could probably start charging for sim2, making it less populated and open to SERIOUS players, and sim1 could remain free to the cheaters and all that bs.

Had GrumpyOne worded it in this way, we could probably remain adult in our discussion over this. Although, he didn't and we still should have been able to remain adult.

grumpyone

grumpyone

• 154 posts

Yes - Because if he did it, more people would find it enjoyable, meaning more visitors, meaning more ad revenue, meaning near free server rental, meaning he could probably start charging for sim2, making it less populated and open to SERIOUS players, and sim1 could remain free to the cheaters and all that bs.

Thank you for the support but there are some under aged childish players or less than adult age who are just full of slander guess they attend or went to a school that teaches them this type of verbal.

Either way, just a little bit of change in the game will only make players who have vacated think that the Beta sim1 has some chance of ridding the cheaters and other bugs that decay the advancement.

grumpyone

grumpyone

• 154 posts

I would like to see you make a full game with no bugs.

With less than $1,000 US anyone would be able to get programmers in the east to make or copy this game, problem is the copy would infringe upon Miller and his past efforts/dollars/time and in the factual real world this would be ripping Miller off.

More reason for Miller to give consideration to just a little alterations at any reset, keep the game advancing not laying in shallow water.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users