Photo

SEK Airlines QUITS!!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Scott007

Scott007

• 55 posts
Due to certain players airing their dirty laundry in the forums, and previous accusations from others of cheating, SEK Airlines will suspend all of its current flights, liquidate its fleet of aircraft and release all of their gates to the public over the next couple of hours.

I hope everyone is happy with this, enjoy the game and thanks for ruining it for me.

Timsher

Timsher

Just a ling

• 573 posts
  • WLM ID:Timsher@gmail.com
  • Yahoo ID:Timsher19
Sorry to hear that...
Posted Image

Kontio

Kontio

Mur!

• 97 posts
  • WLM ID:kontioaviation@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:kontioaviation

Due to certain players airing their dirty laundry in the forums, and previous accusations from others of cheating, SEK Airlines will suspend all of its current flights, liquidate its fleet of aircraft and release all of their gates to the public over the next couple of hours.

I hope everyone is happy with this, enjoy the game and thanks for ruining it for me.

I don't think anyone is happy with your decision, as the game really needs good players to stay alive. However, I am surprised by the reasons you state for leaving. So someone made unfounded accusations of cheating against you? So you sent someone nasty fan-mail and they posted it on the forum? Nothing new here, I would say that both of those things are an integral part of the game. I don't know what has been going on behind the scenes, but based on what I have read on the forum there is nothing out of the ordinary going on, and thus no need for all this drama.

Scott007

Scott007

• 55 posts

I don't think anyone is happy with your decision, as the game really needs good players to stay alive. However, I am surprised by the reasons you state for leaving. So someone made unfounded accusations of cheating against you? So you sent someone nasty fan-mail and they posted it on the forum? Nothing new here, I would say that both of those things are an integral part of the game. I don't know what has been going on behind the scenes, but based on what I have read on the forum there is nothing out of the ordinary going on, and thus no need for all this drama.

There were numerous other reasons for me quitting Kontio, not only the ones mentioned. I just had enough of the childish behavior of some of the players, and the constant resetting of routes to maintain profits just eats up my time. I enjoyed the game, Miller did a hell of job with it, but I don't have the time right now to reset my routes hourly because of someone playing follow the leader. I wish everyone the best of luck this, and if time permits, I'll be in for the next round.

Have a good day and enjoy the friendly skies,

Scott

fischer

fischer

AE Addict To-Be

• 17 posts
I understand completely what route reseting is... but how do it actually happen? Not that I'm and going to do it, and if ya'll don't want it to be public knowledge i understand. just curious...

LeipeLimbo

LeipeLimbo

• 492 posts

I understand completely what route reseting is... but how do it actually happen? Not that I'm and going to do it, and if ya'll don't want it to be public knowledge i understand. just curious...

hm now who's stuck in elementary school ??????
Theo ceo Limbo Lines
ID #9350
Posted ImagePosted Image

kenpalm

kenpalm

• 54 posts

I think he left before he understood the basics. This is what happens when you want to impress someone that you know more than you actually do.

penguinboy

penguinboy

Person

• 152 posts
No offense to anyone . . . but you leaving isn't going to hurt everybody else. The people accusing you of cheating want you to leave, and people who don't know who you are still won't know who you are.
CEO - penguinairways.com
President - ExpressAlliance (Sim 1)
Founding Member - Tradewinds Alliance (Sim 2)

Kontio

Kontio

Mur!

• 97 posts
  • WLM ID:kontioaviation@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:kontioaviation

No offense to anyone . . . but you leaving isn't going to hurt everybody else. The people accusing you of cheating want you to leave, and people who don't know who you are still won't know who you are.

When good players leave, it hurts the entire game.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
I think most people remember what happen with me and my airline like 1-2 years back, when people started accusing me of being a cheat, posted the ingame messages they got and stuff like that.

It really isnt an uncommon thing, but can get under people's nerves. U just need to learn to play the game and not bother with the rest. Eventually, u will show who u are and why u shouldnt be messed with.

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

fischer

fischer

AE Addict To-Be

• 17 posts

Thank you for misconstruing some of my past posts... elementary school is meant to imply a lack of maturity.

If you would have kept reading my posts in their entirety and not selectively misquoting me, you would have read that I blatantly said that I didn't know near as much as some of the veterans here.

Anyways, I would like to make myself a better AE player and out of curiousity I would like to know how route reseting works. I genuinly thank whoever replies to my question with a sense of mature composure.

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts

Anyways, I would like to make myself a better AE player and out of curiousity I would like to know how route reseting works. I genuinly thank whoever replies to my question with a sense of mature composure.

You have to reset your routes occasionally. As more airlines join a route the demand for each flight is adjusted according to ticket price and other factors. Even if you are the sole airline on a route and add 5 different aircraft, you will eventually have to reset your ticket prices so they will not be in the negative for profits or have low load factor.
Posted ImagePosted Image

LeipeLimbo

LeipeLimbo

• 492 posts

Thank you for misconstruing some of my past posts... elementary school is meant to imply a lack of maturity.

If you would have kept reading my posts in their entirety and not selectively misquoting me, you would have read that I blatantly said that I didn't know near as much as some of the veterans here.

Hm here u go again with ur wise maturity talk with ur fancy words , yet in the post i replied to you cant even construct a decent sentence. hence my comment about elementary school ;). Lol u say u understand completely what route-resetting is all about, to start asking about it in the same breath :confused:
Theo ceo Limbo Lines
ID #9350
Posted ImagePosted Image

fischer

fischer

AE Addict To-Be

• 17 posts

Hm here u go again with ur wise maturity talk with ur fancy words , yet in the post i replied to you cant even construct a decent sentence. hence my comment about elementary school ;). Lol u say u understand completely what route-resetting is all about, to start asking about it in the same breath :confused:

By 'fancy words' do you mean 'words i don't understand'?

I understand what route reseting is. It happens to everyone in this game. I would just like to know exactly what causes it because i believe it happens more with some people than with others.

I'm sorry if my posts use words that are too complicated for you.

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com

wow, some of those words you are using are longer than wheelbarrow!

In answer to your question,

Reset route = Leave route rejoin route
or
just re-calculate the prices and update route , nothing mystical about it.
Posted Image

airozzie

airozzie

Watchdog's Senior Manager

• 633 posts

By 'fancy words' do you mean 'words i don't understand'?

I understand what route reseting is. It happens to everyone in this game. I would just like to know exactly what causes it because i believe it happens more with some people than with others.

I'm sorry if my posts use words that are too complicated for you.

Wouldn’t say complicating just that your hyprociary of your choice of words are left blank descriptive view on what you do.

90% of the time I guess we couldn’t be bothered replying in such a way that it sounds like a carrot shoved up where the sun don’t shine. I come home from work and like to enjoy myself and de-stress

Don’t like the way we speak then the door is over there squire, we cant be bothered raising the bar to your standards so get off your preacher box and come down and enjoy the party……………..Limbo give him a beer? Wait are you old enough? Better make it an OJ

fischer

fischer

AE Addict To-Be

• 17 posts

Wouldn’t say complicating just that your hyprociary of your choice of words are left blank descriptive view on what you do.

90% of the time I guess we couldn’t be bothered replying in such a way that it sounds like a carrot shoved up where the sun don’t shine. I come home from work and like to enjoy myself and de-stress

Don’t like the way we speak then the door is over there squire, we cant be bothered raising the bar to your standards so get off your preacher box and come down and enjoy the party……………..Limbo give him a beer? Wait are you old enough? Better make it an OJ

There are people from around the world writing on here, and I'm sure for some of them english is not even their first language. I'm sorry that all of our writing styles cannot be exactly the same. Would you cut me a break?

I don't mind the way you speak at all, it was my speech and my 'fancy words' that were criticized first.

Everyone here is free to write however they please. Just don't go looking for faults in my writing if you don't want me to do the same.

gba222

gba222

• 86 posts
Why the sudden interest in semantics? Is the point of this debate that weak?

A beer sounds like a nice idea right about now.

Scott007

Scott007

• 55 posts
Wow, it's amazing how sidetracked these post get. Anyway, after much deliberation and contemplating, SEK Airlines has decided to open up shop again. We will be hubbed in MUC and plan on making a run to the top again.
I want to thank a few people for some words of wisdom, and give everyone a fair warning that I'm back.

Thanks again and sorry for making post,
Scott

kenpalm

kenpalm

• 54 posts

Wow, it's amazing how sidetracked these post get. Anyway, after much deliberation and contemplating, SEK Airlines has decided to open up shop again. We will be hubbed in MUC and plan on making a run to the top again.
I want to thank a few people for some words of wisdom, and give everyone a fair warning that I'm back.

Thanks again and sorry for making post,
Scott

Welcome back. It just goes to show that only after a few responses people are no longer interested in the topic as posted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users