Banning or changing logos

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Guest_VALUJET_*

Guest_VALUJET_*
  • Guests
Hey everybody. I dont know if you agree but i have seen some bad logos. Like Club Swedfly's logo which is this:
Posted Image i dont agree with having this because i know many kids who play this game

Josh
Aire to Central AIrways/Owner of Braniff

tornado

tornado

• 45 posts
I believe that, whie people can choose whatever logo they want, some discretion is needed!

Before you submit your logo, think about who is playing the game and is on the forum!

if need be, I would suggest someone to screen the logos (not miller, he's WAY too busy already!) to see if they are approriate!

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:AeProjectManager
You're correct.

EuropAir

EuropAir

• 76 posts
Real life airlines must be forbidden too, be creative and don't bring AE in trouble.

It wouldn't be the first time an airline closes a website due to copyright issues. This website also contains fictive financial and fleet information pages, could be troubling if it continued.

[Edited on 12/4/2005 by EuropAir]

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
We're working on some legal documents regarding that.

In the back of my mind I knew we'd eventually run into these problems, but I really don't want to be forced to verify each logo before it's accepted.

Guest_PSAkid_*

Guest_PSAkid_*
  • Guests
... but defunct airlines are ok? :-)

*grin*

Guest_VALUJET_*

Guest_VALUJET_*
  • Guests
thnx for the support guys

Scalpel4

Scalpel4

• 560 posts
  • WLM ID:scalpel4@hotmail.com
Then before it becomes an issue, is my Anime logo too borderline? She is clothed after all, but I want to prevent any possible issues now that this has been discussed. If enough people say yank it then I will. If enough people say keep it, then I will.

Guest_SkyHawk82831_*

Guest_SkyHawk82831_*
  • Guests
It doesn't really bother me...its a little suggestive thats it...lol you have enough other logos!

EuropAir

EuropAir

• 76 posts
even defunct airlines are not okay for me

awfs

awfs

• 14 posts
Air Kevin should be acceptable since no other airline IRL have that name.

Defunct as in bankrupt or doesn't exsist anymore but was once real.

And Scalpel, please blur out those hand drawn boobs on that hentai pick of yours :mad:

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
I think we need some sort of commitee that decides on acceptable logos. What do you guys think?

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
A committee sounds like a nice idea. It will be able to sort out which is acceptable and which ins't. Therefore, everybody will be judged by the same criteria!!!! :D

PacificEcho

PacificEcho

• 91 posts
  • WLM ID:nw03@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:sernick18

Originally posted by miller22
I think we need some sort of commitee that decides on acceptable logos. What do you guys think?

count me in court, you know i want to help you out :D

Scalpel4

Scalpel4

• 560 posts
I'm against the committee idea. Anytime a group decided what others must use, politics come into play, infighting about what is allowed say similar logos or existing airlines, lame ideas become the norm, and people get pissed and quit. I say self policing is better, just make a new rule that says no nudity, sex and foul language, and logos that violate this rule are pulled when reported. Repeated attempts result in banning. This is so much simpler and less likely to create fights and abuses.

By the way, the doll was clothed, but all someone had to do was ask and it was gone. See? Civility at its best without politics!

[Edited on 5/2/2005 by Scalpel4]

PacificEcho

PacificEcho

• 91 posts
  • WLM ID:nw03@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:sernick18

Originally posted by Scalpel4
I'm against the committee idea. Anytime a group decided what others must use, politics come into play, infighting about what is allowed say similar logos or existing airlines, lame ideas become the norm, and people get pissed and quit. I say self policing is better, just make a new rule that says no nudity, sex and foul language, and logos that violate this rule are pulled when reported. Repeated attempts result in banning. This is so much simpler and less likely to create fights and abuses.

By the way, the doll was clothed, but all someone had to do was ask and it was gone. See? Civility at its best without politics!

Politics? nonsense, I hate all of you equally :D

I think that the point Court is trying to make is instead of having Court do all the work.. if he has just a few people to help him out, he can continue to work on Ae. My guess is there would be a standard that he would create, and every airline that has a logo must abide by it.. however you can't get a server to check the content of logo's, you need a human eye.. and Courtney is only one person... so I wouldn't mind helping him out in this. And whether or not the committee approves of it or not, it's also designed to regulate the airlines that already have logos uploaded.. we have what.. over 1000 airlines already? Not everyone has a logo, but atleast 200 do. That's alot of work that needs to be done, too much for one man alone. That's my final answer, and I'm sticking to it.

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
Politics Shmolitics. I've got a website to run without ticking a bunch of people off. Most importantly I have to find a way to run this website without companies sueing me for trademark infringement. We don't exactly have the largest legal department here at Ae.

Scalpel4

Scalpel4

• 560 posts
I understand the copyright thing, and I'll give you that. However, my problem is potential objections of content and the potential for a buddy system. My only point here and my biggest concern is without a rule, whose to say what's right and wrong in a logo? A committee can arbitrarily say one thing is OK for one logo, and the same is not for another, sor of like what the FCC in America does. Also I'm not speaking of the politics of Miller, just the politics of a potential committee. And Miller nor any other admin has to actively look at all logos, I'm just saying if someone REPORTS obscenity then any admin can yank it, or replace it with a logo that says "CENSORED" or something like that. Why not grant another user or "volunteer" the ability to swap the logo if a complaint is lodged and a logo violates an actual set of rules? Every logo won't have to be reviewed when uploaded, just if someone says "Hey, that logo has a picture of Ron Jeremy nude" or something to that effect. Then the volunteer can look at it, verify the law is broken, and yank it, and you won't have to mess with it Miller, ever. Seems like that would make your life easier.

Anyways, I don't own it, it's just my opinion. Go ahead and committee without rules if you think it will make your life easier. Just remember my point if politics, infighting and cronyism begin to occur. I always think a single honest person with a set of hard rules to enforce will always do better than a group of everyman idiots anyday. Now matter what you choose, I'll still be willing to design an original logo or two with the requested specs to those who ask me kindly, using graphics and samples I find on the web (not from other airlines logos but from whatever public images I find) for free.

To show I'm a team player, if a committee is the chosen method, I volunteer to join, if nothing else but to make sure politics and favoritism don't become a problem.

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts

Originally posted by Scalpel4

To show I'm a team player, if a committee is the chosen method, I volunteer to join, if nothing else but to make sure politics don't become a problem.

Outstanding idea.

Its tricky to prevent such a committee from turning into a witch hunting mob toting virtual pitch forks and torches. I think your logos are acceptable, and should remain. But there have been some and will definitely be some in the future that we cannot allow.

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
I think a comitte is somewhat appropriate .. but i really think that it is something that a couple people have caused. Most people are find with their logos and do not make it inapropriate, but there are some that do.

I really hope that people can just make their own, good one, that is not inapropriate for the game, and for everyone to be responsible... we have had problems with immaturity before, and it caused a great problem in the version 1, so hopefully people can be more responsible now.

If you have an inapropriate logo, just change it and respect the game.. we shouldn't need a comitte for this

(ignore grammar lol, there are probably like an error every second sentence)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users