Photo

Sale of 5-year old planes

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Chicken

Chicken

• 291 posts
If it was not possible to sell planes that are 5 years old, then the ability to cheat would be severly compromised.

Guest_hiaz_*

Guest_hiaz_*
  • Guests
Maybe u can't sell the beech1900s and the J31 you recieive when you first start your airline.

OR

Don't allow any sales of aircraft from any airline >12 months old.

everotheleft

everotheleft

• 43 posts
What we really need is a more comprehensive system to make sure that one person has one account.

Preventing certain planes from being sold won't do anything when people start using multiple accounts to exploit the stock market or the contract script

[Edited on 6/26/2005 by everotheleft]

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747

Originally posted by hiaz
Maybe u can't sell the beech1900s and the J31 you recieive when you first start your airline.

OR

Don't allow any sales of aircraft from any airline >12 months old.

Dude, disallowing aircraft sales with aircraft greater than 12 months old wouldn't do anything. Think. If I wanted to sell my 6-year-old Beech, I wouldn't be able to do so because it was greater than 12 months old.

[Edited on 6/27/2005 by AirKevin]

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Chicken, this suggestion wouldnt work in the long term!!!

As everotheleft said, a more comprehensive system is needed to stop the people cheating within the game. Hopefully this can be achieved so in future, these problems dont occur, which help improve the gameplay and gives Miller less worries in relation to AE and can let him focus on developing stuff for the game.

dhc_chipmunk

dhc_chipmunk

Crazy critter

• 56 posts

Originally posted by everotheleft
What we really need is a more comprehensive system to make sure that one person has one account.

Preventing certain planes from being sold won't do anything when people start using multiple accounts to exploit the stock market or the contract script

[Edited on 6/26/2005 by everotheleft]

I agree.

but looking at hiaz's message, if we turn the > into < then it may be a good short term stop gap. Not too many airlines would sell their aircraft in their first year... at least that's my impression

Fredways

Fredways

• 90 posts

Originally posted by Maestro69
Chicken, this suggestion wouldnt work in the long term!!!

As everotheleft said, a more comprehensive system is needed to stop the people cheating within the game. Hopefully this can be achieved so in future, these problems dont occur, which help improve the gameplay and gives Miller less worries in relation to AE and can let him focus on developing stuff for the game.

Yeah, like having to pay to play. That way there would be verifiable information to differentiate each player, unless one wishes to commit credit card or bank account fraud. The beauty of it is that a third party would handle all the information and verification (billing service...easy like Paypal... that even worked for that disaster called airliners.net) without Miller having to do a thing.

Chicken

Chicken

• 291 posts
My suggestion was the no aircraft 5 years old could be sold. An aircraft 6 years old is not 5 years old, and could be sold.

But you have convinced me there are better ways to combat cheating.

dhc_chipmunk

dhc_chipmunk

Crazy critter

• 56 posts

Originally posted by Chicken
My suggestion was the no aircraft 5 years old could be sold. An aircraft 6 years old is not 5 years old, and could be sold.

But you have convinced me there are better ways to combat cheating.

Also, if someone bought a new plane, then decided that they need to sell right when it's 5 years old, then he/she's sh!t out of luck :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users