- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
I would have to suggest pausing the game until the aircraft purchasing bug and the Brunswick/Navy bug are fixed. At the moment it's just no fun playing against people that are using bugs to cheat their way into the top ten.

Ariane

Ariane

• 40 posts
On second thoughts I withdraw my vote. Let's just keep on with the game, and not let a couple of bugs and a trouble-maker bring us down.

[Edited on 6/25/2005 by Ariane]

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts
I to vote to carry the motion. Its just not fun, nor fair. We also need to solve the reg issue as well. Maybe we could adopt a system similar to Airlinesim.de where each registration must be approved first by a person. And I say after a week if your airline hasn't hit certain value numbers, lets say (20 mil) its deleted this helps cheating airlines used just for A/C and finally remove private A/C trading this way you can save some bandwith.

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
we cant just pause the game for this, miller is very busy and is trying his best, and if you pause it and wait it might be a month before miller can actually get around to it, he is gone for a couple of days, and he has a life other than ae.

we all know its unfair that navy is cheating and there are some bugs, but do not expect them to be fixed immediately, because this is not his life.

however, just continue the game and i am sure miller is doing all he can in the time he has... and will eventually get around to fixing it.

Its a free game, and just play it, no need to pause the game because of one person and one little bug .. just continue... everyone has the same problem, no one has an advantage other than navy, and we can exclude him from the rankings.

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests

Originally posted by galapagapop
I to vote to carry the motion. Its just not fun, nor fair. We also need to solve the reg issue as well. Maybe we could adopt a system similar to Airlinesim.de where each registration must be approved first by a person. And I say after a week if your airline hasn't hit certain value numbers, lets say (20 mil) its deleted this helps cheating airlines used just for A/C and finally remove private A/C trading this way you can save some bandwith.

there are probably legit airlines that dont reach 20 mil within a week....

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts

Originally posted by Nathaniel

Originally posted by galapagapop

there are probably legit airlines that dont reach 20 mil within a week....

Well I'm sure but it was an example it would probably be a better number later on.

Cheers!

Canadian

Canadian

AE Luver

• 347 posts
There is no need to pause the game, Miller isn't around much anyways. Wouldn't you rather have him ban The Navy than pause it? Cause either way, you have to wait for him to come back...

Chicken

Chicken

• 291 posts
I would rather have the Bank of AirlineEmpires foreclose on all assets of the Navy.

+ put The Navy in liquidation, meaning it cannot go bankrupt
+ ground all flights, meaning it cannot make income
+ let the airports manage the gates, meaning the Navy will get fined, and have all gates returned

dazwalsh

dazwalsh

• 438 posts
until he starts operating on my routes i do not care..and i count him off the list so that put me up a place in the rankings ;)

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts

Originally posted by Chicken
I would rather have the Bank of AirlineEmpires foreclose on all assets of the Navy.

+ put The Navy in liquidation, meaning it cannot go bankrupt
+ ground all flights, meaning it cannot make income
+ let the airports manage the gates, meaning the Navy will get fined, and have all gates returned

Ok, but what's to stop him from returning an hour later with a different airline? He may have to start all over again, but at the rate that he can make money it will be no time before he is back in the top ten.

I like AE just as much as everybody else, but if these bugs are not fixed properly then people will continue to exploit them. If the game were paused long enough for Miller and the other developers to correct these then it would be ok with me. Yeah, it may take a week or a month or even longer, but that would be one less way for people to cheat.

RacingBoy13

RacingBoy13

Banned

• 43 posts
  • WLM ID:Dario512
  • Yahoo ID:RacingBoy13
Airlinesim.de ?????

Is this open yet? Because i cant understand a damn thing that says in there. I even used a language translator for webpages but its hard to get around.

Tump

Tump

• 442 posts

User's Awards

Originally posted by RacingBoy13
Airlinesim.de ?????

Is this open yet? Because i cant understand a damn thing that says in there. I even used a language translator for webpages but its hard to get around.

For that kind of things Im so happy to be Dutch... no men can learn Dutch very well, but we (I) pick up another language very quickly (not CHinese and stuff though ;))

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts

Airlinesim.de ?????

Well, 1) thanks for taking the thread off-topic. And 2) bringing up other aviation or business sims in these forums has already been discussed and been found to be just plain rude. Show some respect for all of the work that Miller has done to bring you AE and don't bring up other sims in these forums.

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net

Originally posted by drv4truk

Airlinesim.de ?????

Well, 1) thanks for taking the thread off-topic. And 2) bringing up other aviation or business sims in these forums has already been discussed and been found to be just plain rude. Show some respect for all of the work that Miller has done to bring you AE and don't bring up other sims in these forums.

omg, he just asked if it was opened, he wasn't advertising it or anything

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net

Originally posted by Tump

Airlinesim.de ?????

For that kind of things Im so happy to be Dutch... no men can learn Dutch very well, but we (I) pick up another language very quickly (not CHinese and stuff though ;))

Man, I wish I could learn French as easily as you learned english, then I would have an A in that class for once:), oh well, wishful thinking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users