• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:AeProjectManager
The first running of the new version is complete, and we'll be reseting Sunday, May 13.

Happy Mother's Day!

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com
Hi Miller
I take it you mean sim2 and not sim right?
Posted Image

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Thanks for the info Miller.

Also, will there be any difference from the current AE2 to when the reset happens? like an updated LF script, etc???

Would be nice to know. :D

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

sq_a380

sq_a380

AE Luver

• 409 posts
Which AE2 aare you talking about?sim or sim2?

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
Sim 2. Sorry about that.

fischer

fischer

AE Addict To-Be

• 17 posts
Are you going to open up registration for the new session?

xtra airlines

xtra airlines

• 49 posts
it has been a long time. thank you miller22
Ceo and founder of Xtra airways:airplane

Keep delta my delta

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
Ok, its reset. Time will resume at 00:00 GMT this evening.

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
Time's already moving and seems it's the same as before.

:airplane Enjoying LAX-LAS :airplane

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts

Time's already moving and seems it's the same as before.

:airplane Enjoying LAX-LAS :airplane

So we can run 5000 frequencies on LAX-LAS and make more money with each aircraft we add?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
Seems so, just threw a 10x A319 and no drop in load factor.

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
Rofl. LAS -3 gates already.

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
Ridiculous bug...

So I've been throwing planes right, left and center to LAS-LAX. I noticed some airlines charging $45,000 for it - so I gave it a go.

On route creation, I set the price to $30,000 and got a LF prediction of 0%, with a profit prediction of $30,000,000...with a 0% LF? Strange. Created route and got a 0% LF and negative profit as it should. BUT...after the daychange, the LF went to 100% and my route profit hit the original projection of $30,000,000.

Let's see if my 2 aircraft at $48,000 do the same thing.

Another issue is Terminals. It seems I'm only allowed to expand the terminal once. I did a 200+200 gater at LAX with a total of 400 gates, and unable to expand further.

However, at LAS, I did a 70+200 and cannot expand further. Is there a set maximum which is easily exceeded through a bug? I seem to have lost out at LAS by not doing a 200+200 like in LAX.

Edit: My $48,000 route is making a whopping $50mill by itself.

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Ridiculous bug...

So I've been throwing planes right, left and center to LAS-LAX. I noticed some airlines charging $45,000 for it - so I gave it a go.

On route creation, I set the price to $30,000 and got a LF prediction of 0%, with a profit prediction of $30,000,000...with a 0% LF? Strange. Created route and got a 0% LF and negative profit as it should. BUT...after the daychange, the LF went to 100% and my route profit hit the original projection of $30,000,000.

Let's see if my 2 aircraft at $48,000 do the same thing.

Another issue is Terminals. It seems I'm only allowed to expand the terminal once. I did a 200+200 gater at LAX with a total of 400 gates, and unable to expand further.

However, at LAS, I did a 70+200 and cannot expand further. Is there a set maximum which is easily exceeded through a bug? I seem to have lost out at LAS by not doing a 200+200 like in LAX.

Edit: My $48,000 route is making a whopping $50mill by itself.

Miller made a few test this in Beta before it was released.

What you just reported is known or well I hope Miller did read the reports placed within the Staff Section of the forum.

The whole script is stupid and should be scraped. As it is so unreal to the real world it is a joke.:thumbdown:

Yes the Terminal issues also are noted.

Plus a lot more that I am sure you will post in this forum before too long.

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
Yea...except I'm out of AE Beta as it really has become too ridiculous at this stage for even a ridiculous person like me to play! Have fun and I'll let Skylite have the dop crown.
Posted Image

gba222

gba222

• 86 posts
It is just silly really isn't it?

I'm doing fairly respectably out of Narita - but the bug has allowed airlines such as Lightning to grow so insanely fast & agressively that all too soon they'll be able to dump capacity wherever they please. Its uncompetitive, but hats off to them for doing so well all the same. I can't legitimately accuse anyone of being uncompetitive anyway, given my virtual monopoly over the NRT-KIX route.

Also, only tenuously related, but has anyone ever considered imposing some sort of non-open skies clause into the game? Only regionally of course, but surely it would make things a bit more competitive, if a little more slow-moving.

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
Yea, but I have to congratulate Lightning for actually playing like a *real* airline instead of being silly like moi...

This "beta" needs to be sent back to the drawing boards unfortunately...

Don't worry about capacity dump - it won't hurt your LF and profits at all :/

gba222

gba222

• 86 posts
Well, real airlines operate 148 A380's as a matter of course, don't they? :sdrool:

Not to mention the, er, '****-ton' (as i'll conservatively call it...) of them on order...ah well.

I possibly have the stupidest route network ever anyway (in terms of realism). Given the amount of frequencies i'm offering between NRT and KIX, there must be an aircraft taking off every 4 seconds by now...

Just a very bad, and very greedy case of noob-itis on my part i'm afraid. First time playing from the beginning.

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
hahaha

Real airlines don't make 6 billion a day running 1200 flights between LAX-LAS :rolleyes:

rocksandfossils

rocksandfossils

Banned

• 257 posts

Yea...except I'm out of AE Beta as it really has become too ridiculous at this stage for even a ridiculous person like me to play! Have fun and I'll let Skylite have the dop crown.
Posted Image

hahaha your screenshot is crazy!
even with all the long haul routes im running, my dop is only "$1,818,248,442"..

it's insane how i can keep on raising the prices on routes like HKG-LAX to over 150K per ticket and still be making less than your LAS-LAX route

i just want to get enough routes on my route map such that the routemap freezes my computer and then i'll be done

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users