15 replies to this topic

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Just letting everyone know, that is seems someone is creating gates in AE.

Over the past 12-24 hours, gates have appeared @ MDW, MCO, CDG and it looks like also @ LAX. I dont know who it is or the purpose of why they are doing it, but rest assured the person who is creating these gates will be discovered, shamed and banned for life from AE.

Let me make it clear also, gates @ MDW, MCO and CDG have only ever appeared over the past 1-2 weeks at month change and there tends to be 0 available during most of the day.

:mad:

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Just letting everyone know, that is seems someone is creating gates in AE.

Over the past 12-24 hours, gates have appeared @ MDW, MCO, CDG and it looks like also @ LAX. I dont know who it is or the purpose of why they are doing it, but rest assured the person who is creating these gates will be discovered, shamed and banned for life from AE.

Let me make it clear also, gates @ MDW, MCO and CDG have only ever appeared over the past 1-2 weeks at month change and there tends to be 0 available during most of the day.

:mad:

Agree, the feeders are out again, if you look at the rankings 24-hours ago there was 832 airlines today as this is posted there is now 882 so thats 50 new airlines in that short period.

Having turned to broker and on the computer a lot I see gates pop up all over the place, plus some 1/2 priced aircraft. Gates in EWR / JFK / ALT / CDG / MAD / FCO / MCO / MDW / LAS / LAX and also noticed the avaliable gates in Asia thoe not sold out rise in their numbers.

If you look at the higher DOP locations those gates represent feeders who know this game and the way it works, so how about if you want to buy gates, do like all other players do, wait till change-overs as many non-active airlines fold up and if you are not able to wait, build a terminal.

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com
The thing is it's happening mainly at MCO , CDG , and MDW. Last night before m/c there were 15 MDW gates popping up out of nowwhere and also CDG.

Today another 35 MDW , it's just some people or sopmeone creating an airline at specific locations then returning the gates straight away.

Not that i'm that bothered as i'm going brokering but it points out another loophole in the game ;-)
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

The thing is it's happening mainly at MCO , CDG , and MDW. Last night before m/c there were 15 MDW gates popping up out of nowwhere and also CDG.

Today another 35 MDW , it's just some people or sopmeone creating an airline at specific locations then returning the gates straight away.

Then if the cheat staff look at the logs for last 24-hours and see who's IP is making more than ONE airline in that period, BAN that IP full-stop.

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Travel, from what i was told, only Torque and Miller have the authority to ban IP's in the game. Anti-cheat staff cant do much in this regard im afraid, which is ashame, since they could easily deal with this current situation.

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

Travel, from what i was told, only Torque and Miller have the authority to ban IP's in the game. Anti-cheat staff cant do much in this regard im afraid, which is ashame, since they could easily deal with this current situation.

PM to you on this. as I did see Miller viewing the forum.

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
I pm the anti-cheat staff of what i have found so far. Apparently, someone has decided to make 10-12 airlines with not much different names and seems to be made recently.

Ill let the anti-cheat staff have a closer look into them. :D

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

Riddim_Killa

Riddim_Killa

• 53 posts
Interesting !!!

Timsher

Timsher

Just a ling

• 573 posts
  • WLM ID:Timsher@gmail.com
  • Yahoo ID:Timsher19
Known loophole for some time now.
Easy fix: Created gates should just disappear when returned. Requires (1) few lines of code + maybe an extra variable... -or- (2) if gate code is over-simplistically written (IE gates are not handled individually) would require complete rewrite of gate code to track which are created.

In case of #2, Easy fix: don't allow new airlines to create new gates. New airlines don't pick airport at which to start and are not given gates, must buy them from the market. Requires a few lines of code.
Posted Image

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Not so easy fix there, but good try. Remember TW had worked for some time at fixing the gate issue. When a new airline comes into AE, it creates the 5 slots at an airport, even if none are available. The only remedy is to block new airlines from starting at airports with less than 5 gates available.
Posted ImagePosted Image

LOT 737-300

LOT 737-300

• 274 posts
  • WLM ID:kw5024@cs.com
  • AIM Screen Name:kw5024
  • Yahoo ID:lot767300
Well, looks like I should post a small update. A alliance member has informed me that MCO is now up to 116 gates. I really hope that the Anti-Cheat-staff has taken action about this.

watchdog

watchdog

Senior AE Manager

• 534 posts

Well, looks like I should post a small update. A alliance member has informed me that MCO is now up to 116 gates. I really hope that the Anti-Cheat-staff has taken action about this.

only miller can act on this cheat staff have little access to the server to locate who is making this lot happen

guess highspeed and his many accounts are at work again
Posted Image

Boeingguy

Boeingguy

• 33 posts

only miller can act on this cheat staff have little access to the server to locate who is making this lot happen

guess highspeed and his many accounts are at work again

Correct me if im wrong but didnt Maestro build a terminal at MCO? Maybe this is why the gates are so high there.

::oops:: if im wrong. LOL
Posted Image
ID:13672

ian

ian

• 436 posts
i dont think he had 140 gates before he terminaled :D

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com
The maximum you can hold there is 80 (maybe 85) I believe.

Anyway the retard who keeps creating gates is a loser and should find something better to do with his / her life. Must have nothing better to do than create loads of accounts logging in, returning gates

PATHETIC!!
Posted Image

Scalpel4

Scalpel4

• 560 posts
  • WLM ID:scalpel4@hotmail.com
You know I'm about there myself.
http://www.silkroadonline.net/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users