Did Some Housecleaning

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Committed Lurker

Committed Lurker

CEO, HAWK Airlines

• 25 posts
Bowing out of this round in some vivacious action, I decided to purchase every single aircraft on the used market and scrap them up. It was becoming an eyesore seeing the first ten pages dominated by Beechs, J-31s, and ATRs.

What I did was probably a breach of carriage, but ought to clear some of the clutter up on the used market pages.

Enjoy the rest of the round!
Posted Image

CEO of HAWK Airlines

Embracing the World, One City at a Time

Airline: 13264

sq_a380

sq_a380

AE Luver

• 409 posts
lol...nice one dude

eti555

eti555

• 82 posts
Wow...ur IQ must be very low

sawilson1971

sawilson1971

• 133 posts
Im sure that has disapointed the newly joined airlines who are trying to expand through used Beeches, Jetstreams et al.
Brokering in sim1

User ID 9729

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

and why is that? :mad:

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

LOT 737-300

LOT 737-300

• 274 posts
  • WLM ID:kw5024@cs.com
  • AIM Screen Name:kw5024
  • Yahoo ID:lot767300
Wow, really no offense dude, but thats really low, especially since alot of the newer airlines depend on small time brokering from those planes so they can get ahead and get something larger so they can actaully compete. Believe me, I was there. Now what you should've done is buy the overpriced Beeches and J-31s and scrap them. Don't understand why someone would sell them for 11 mil.

LeipeLimbo

LeipeLimbo

• 492 posts

same can be said about urs In My Opinion with comments like this .. He is just having some fun before he quits .Not like it's never been done before .
Theo ceo Limbo Lines
ID #9350
Posted ImagePosted Image

glarus

glarus

• 93 posts
Seems fine by me. And it's not like those planes were likely to sell, so people got some money out of planes no one wanted.

Edit: For whatever reason, it sure seems to have stimulated a run on used planes.

Below: ordering a plane costs (upfront) half as much as buying one at value, and less than planes listed at below value, so I don't think that's the issue. Further, the only planes with real "timing" issues (the queue) are A and B, and the little carriers aren't ordering from either of those manufacturers.

snaiks

snaiks

snaiks air

• 32 posts
but some people do need them and cant afford ordering them as new, because of timing.

eliteballer

eliteballer

EliteAir

• 7 posts
It's too bad there is a bug in the system and I didn't receive the money for my plane!! Hey Hawk...any chance you want to donate an aircraft to me??

EliteAir (16395)

LOT 737-300

LOT 737-300

• 274 posts
  • WLM ID:kw5024@cs.com
  • AIM Screen Name:kw5024
  • Yahoo ID:lot767300

Seems fine by me. And it's not like those planes were likely to sell, so people got some money out of planes no one wanted.

Edit: For whatever reason, it sure seems to have stimulated a run on used planes.

Below: ordering a plane costs (upfront) half as much as buying one at value, and less than planes listed at below value, so I don't think that's the issue. Further, the only planes with real "timing" issues (the queue) are A and B, and the little carriers aren't ordering from either of those manufacturers.

They sold for me very well when I was playing last round. It takes some time, but they sell. It was something that a new airline starting later had to do, buy them cheap, sell them for a bit more. Thats what got me my first ATR (which then boosed by profits like 20 times more than what it used to be with 2 Beeches.) But he did help some airlines with planes no one wanted for the most part (though we do have those operations that are like 20-30 B1900Ds.)

xtra airlines

xtra airlines

• 49 posts
i think thats good. beeches arn't great aircraft there good for starters but in the longrun they suck. beter now then later
Ceo and founder of Xtra airways:airplane

Keep delta my delta

Banjo Air

Banjo Air

• 26 posts
i'm not the oldest player out there... maybe a few weeks, but i'm glad.

i'm small, with my two ATR's, in an already oversaturated market... there is no need for me to have to worry about some dink in the top 50 buying up 100 beech1900's to kill all of the two or three routes i have that i find 'reasonably' profitable.

it's not like there are many markets left where a beech makes a 'reasonable' level of income anyways. just wish i had listed my spare beech's at 9-10m a pop before the buying spree... i'd have a q400 or better by now.

eti555

eti555

• 82 posts
It's not just bad for small airlines. Airlines in the top 10 got so much money that even if they receive 2 planes per manufacturer per day they'll have a lot of money left. So what they do is that they buy a lot of overpriced planes out of the used market, for exemple, 330's for 180 millions or 380's for 440 millions.

FlyNCL

FlyNCL

• 307 posts
I bought all the beeches and jetstreams once, I don't see what is wrong with what he has done...

Not like anyone cares about ae anymore...
Join #AirlineEmpires on QuakeNet and chat with the AE community now! If you visited the channel and liked it, please put a notice like this in your signature!

Troll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users