Photo

"Cheating police"

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

ziliu

ziliu

• 281 posts
I think it would be great to have some kind of "cheating police" set up, a person to whom we could report suspected cheating and who had the authority to bankrupt and/or ban players who have been proven cheaters. This person(or persons, for that matter) would work on a voluntary bases, kind of like the moderators on the forums. I get the impression that right now that you don't get punished in any way for cheating, and this sure makes a lot more people cheat. But with less cheating, I think this game would be much more enjoyable.

Its only a suggestion, but I'd like to hear what you guys think about it!

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747
I actually think it's a good idea. However, it would most likely require more than one person.

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
Not just that, but you know how bad the fourms can get sometimes. Let's just say for example that AirKevin rips my head off in the fourms. Now, Let's just say I'm one of the "police," I could make some bs accusation and, voila, Air Kevin is banned:(. Or, I could do the samething to a competetor!

In other words, there needs to be a neutral party involved, which isn't going to happen.

Syrami764

Syrami764

• 57 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:Chandaman61388
  • Yahoo ID:delta76234
Salem witch trials all over again.........

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts

Originally posted by Syrami764
Salem witch trials all over again.........

Which is why we would need a neutral party, which would probably require payment!;)

ziliu

ziliu

• 281 posts

Originally posted by piercey
Not just that, but you know how bad the fourms can get sometimes. Let's just say for example that AirKevin rips my head off in the fourms. Now, Let's just say I'm one of the "police," I could make some bs accusation and, voila, Air Kevin is banned:(. Or, I could do the samething to a competetor!

In other words, there needs to be a neutral party involved, which isn't going to happen.

Nah, I think there are people whom we can all trust wouldn't do such things(even in the corrupted world we live in...), I mean, the moderators here at the forums aren't using their authority to their advantage, are they?

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts

Originally posted by ziliu

Originally posted by piercey

Nah, I think there are people whom we can all trust wouldn't do such things(even in the corrupted world we live in...), I mean, the moderators here at the forums aren't using their authority to their advantage, are they?

Well, there was this one situation with doug.... jk:P

I think it is the great idea, just appoint the right people;)

Ariane

Ariane

• 40 posts
If you are the cheating police, your airline get's taken away (to pay for your uniform and training) so that you won't be tempted to cause McCarthyistic decisions about peoples airlines. Also, all your activaties would be tracked and displayed for the public to see here on the forums. Mostly a volenteer job with no perks.

PacificEcho

PacificEcho

• 91 posts
  • WLM ID:nw03@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:sernick18
well,.. right now, i disagree with this idea...

it's a good idea.. but the game isn't finalized... i think punishment should be made for those who abuse bugs... but without those people trying to cheat, the newer bugs being discovered won't be discovered until it's too late... but in "The Navy"s matter.. I would ban that person right away...

ziliu

ziliu

• 281 posts

Originally posted by PacificEcho
well,.. right now, i disagree with this idea...

it's a good idea.. but the game isn't finalized... i think punishment should be made for those who abuse bugs... but without those people trying to cheat, the newer bugs being discovered won't be discovered until it's too late... but in "The Navy"s matter.. I would ban that person right away...

Mhm, that was my point. People like "The Navy" can continue messing up the game without something done about it. Sure we still need people who searches for bugs, but I think there is a border between cheating and beta-testing, namely, whether you report the bugs you found or not. It won't do the game any good if you exploit bugs but do not report them.

sutkowij

sutkowij

• 17 posts
I too think that this is a great idea and I'm sure that we could find an honest person in the 1000 or so users. If nobody else would like this job I would be happy to take it.

Guest_APX_004_*

Guest_APX_004_*
  • Guests
I think for this idea to be good you would have to have people enforcing the "no cheating" rule to not be actually playing the game. See, having a squad of enforcers that are playing the game could lead to grudges and deletion of accounts for the number one spot. Its fine if we have people that aren't playing the game at the time enforcing.:cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users