Photo

What happened to the Ae community?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

everotheleft

everotheleft

• 43 posts
When I first started frequenting this site over a year ago the community was a lot different. The members were kind and understanding. The language was less harsh. Every thread did not erupt into a flame-war.

What happened to that, guys?

I understand a lot of dumb and repetitive questions are asked. I understand that pointless topics are created. But frankly that's no reason to be rude. If you are tired of answering the same question a million times, then don't answer it. It's that simple. Either the player will figure it out(read: use the nifty search feature) or someone else will answer the question. There is absolutely no reason to be hostile. None whatsoever.

Also, a lot of people are getting downright angry as to the bugs. I know it's an addicting game, and seeing ones airline go under via the cruel maws of the aircraft queue bug is throwing away hours of careful planning and playing, but it is just a game, and a BETA game at that. Technically we aren't playing to play, we are playing to debug.

My $.02.

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
yeah, but we arent playing to abuse the bugs and not report it....

anyways .. was half that speech aimed at me ??? lol

anyways.. the point is, that the main reason it turned into this is with all the repetetive posts... and also..... the fact there are now 1000+ airlines in the game instead of 500

everotheleft

everotheleft

• 43 posts
Not you, pretty much everyone.

Tump

Tump

• 442 posts

User's Awards

Reason 1) Forum got more crowded > brings in more nice forum posters, but also more bad behaving ones
Reason 2) New forum members are usually very unaware how this community works and dont take the time to read the manual or search for forum topics about their issues. When they ask ''dumb" or "noobish" question some other member get frustrated by explaining it again, setting the tone for those new members to also start flaming.
Reason 3) Some members take their frustration about the high number of competitors and satured dream routes into this forum and thus not contributing to a friendly enviroment. :(

How to solve this; everytime you see a dumb question, a other forum member flaming on someone else, count to ten, think twice about what you want to comment and if it is wise to comment. And everytime you see bad behaviour report it to the moderators :(

Sunshine Airways CEO

Sunshine Airways CEO

• 568 posts

User's Awards

5    5      
This is what happened. Some of the members from back-in-the-day left; either to start their own sims or to deal with real life. As the game has gone on and become more popular, more people have joined. With these people, a large number of immature players have joined. The imaturity sometmes comes from the whole aura of annonomy the internet brings.

PalmAir

PalmAir

• 44 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:Bomber996
I think that the number of airlines in the game is anoying, but, if you think about it, it goes back to Darwin's Theory of Relitivaty. There are alot of airlines in the game, more then there really should be I guess. However, just like evolution, many of these airlines will ween themselves out of the sytem. If you actually look at it many of the lower airlines dont actually opperate, have any cities or aircraft. I know I've put two down there experimenting with different markets. I'm sure alot of others have done the same. My point is there is actually not as many airlines out there as you think, but there are alot, and many people will get fed up with the game and leave.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Darwin's Theory of Relitivaty??? Looks like someone been reading to many science books!!!!!!!! :( :( ( j/k )

Honestly, with more airlines and more people in the community, the tension has got higher and people are getting irritated by cheaters, which do nothing more than destroy the fun some people have while playing this game.

Also, some members have become very agitated by the fact, that some new members, havent listen to some simple facts, like search before posting a question, becuase it could have been answered before in a previous thread. Honestly, is it that hard to take 5mins and do some searching, like look through previosu threads??? Becuase i done at the start and got the know how of what was going on around me!!!!

Thats just my thoughts. Hopefully with everything starting to flow and more time playing the game, the tension will start to fall and people will once again get along, with each other!!!!

:D

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
People at one time got along with each other? Man, I must be newer than I thought :(

flyguy

flyguy

• 94 posts
When I was an Alpha tester ( about late august of last year) nobody was cheating and abusing bugs. Everyone was playing for fun, not like it was real life! Also its crowded, so, there is not enough room for everyone!

Fredways

Fredways

• 90 posts
1.) Nathaniel is a childish little sh**. Grow up. We're all sick of you. You need a summer activity that's outside of internet land.

2.) Too many children with nothing better to do all summer than sit on here 20 hours a day.

3.) Too many bugs being abused. I've been around since near the start (didn't participate in the forums until recently) and people used to be much more civil, behaving properly and maturely. Bugs were reported. Those who abused the bugs were kicked out.

4.) Anybody who thinks this simulation is even halfway realistic is a moron. I've got a degree in aviation management, grad school, and have worked in airline operations at HQ. The sheer volume of this simulation contradicts its reality.

5.) The allowance of multiple airlines is a big problem. Even if you can't sell assets to your other owned carriers, you can still strategically place alternate airlines to undermine competitors or to tie up slots.

Fredways

Fredways

• 90 posts

Originally posted by piercey

Go to heck. I play this because a friend who has since left told me about it and I'm having fun! Oh, I also forgot, this is the first time I'v been on all night!!! Dumb*** :mad:

Only those who have something to feel guilty about have need to justify without request.

Sunshine Airways CEO

Sunshine Airways CEO

• 568 posts

User's Awards

5    5      
Also I must add that back in the day we had to e-mail miller for an account and we actually where looking for bugs. With V.02, people can just make airlines and don't pick up the responsibility of testing.

Mexicana757

Mexicana757

• 148 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:dperez757
  • Yahoo ID:trekkerr757
The AE community has changed because it is bigger and many players are tired of the people who arent playing fair.

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts
I was just going through the top 50 rankings and couldn't help but notice how few cheaters are left. There still are some, but it looks like they are being weeded out.

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
Found another bug yesterday but no one seemed to look into it.

Rammstein

Rammstein

• 84 posts

Originally posted by Fredways
1.) Nathaniel is a childish little sh**. Grow up. We're all sick of you. You need a summer activity that's outside of internet land.

2.) Too many children with nothing better to do all summer than sit on here 20 hours a day.

3.) Too many bugs being abused. I've been around since near the start (didn't participate in the forums until recently) and people used to be much more civil, behaving properly and maturely. Bugs were reported. Those who abused the bugs were kicked out.

1) Yes, and the maturity is really bubbling in you? Give me a break.

2) Too many 30 year-olds who claim they have a degree in everything and the kitchen sink sitting around here all summer and bash people who's only mistake was being born some years later. [/sarcasm] Grow up.

3) Thank you, but would you mind translating that into "leet" so the vast majority of younger folks can understand it? ;)

aj_n

aj_n

• 75 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:affirmation300
One fight fest after another, every single thread, this is worse than the FS2004.com forums!;)

Rammstein

Rammstein

• 84 posts

Originally posted by aj_n
One fight fest after another, every single thread, this is worse than the FS2004.com forums!;)

Oh yes. I joined those back in early '04 and it was fine. In the last few months it has become REALLY bad. Me, along with tens of the long-time forum vets have been banned for stupid reasons. Now I hang out at the awesome IFDG forum and FSzone.org

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests

Originally posted by Rammstein

Originally posted by Fredways

1) Yes, and the maturity is really bubbling in you? Give me a break.

hmmm.. who is the one that is swearing hear.. nothing i post i would call immature, but just rather trying to get rid of all the repetetive questions that are being posted.. i don;'t have to swear in here, after all it is a public forum where people are offended by chicks in bikini's (not to mention any names)... and profanity is not needed here...

oh, and i dont spend 20 hours on this, way more important things to do than sit here and watch people swear their heads off. or just one person....

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
ok people, lets get back to the topic!! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users