player: http://www.airlineem...php?player=2095
route: BAH-DXB

is this allowed?

Mexicana757

Mexicana757

• 148 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:dperez757
  • Yahoo ID:trekkerr757
It is allowed. The player is just trying to either annoy the other players or trying to get other players to leave the route.

everotheleft

everotheleft

• 43 posts
Allowed? Yes.

Profitable? No.

actango

actango

• 56 posts
Jetsgo did it here in Canada, they in fact had penny sales, which as someone said, not profitable, but is annoying to other airlines...

Guest_frst4_*

Guest_frst4_*
  • Guests
My profit on this route had dropped from $116,000 to less than $6,000 a day when I got in from work tonight due to his $1 tickets!

My only option to remain profittable has been to close that route temporarily and try other routes

everotheleft

everotheleft

• 43 posts
Exactly what he wants you to do.

aj_n

aj_n

• 75 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:affirmation300
Yeah it happens, when someone is on a route for a long time by themselves and all of sudden one or two airlines join him it gets annoying, so thats probably the reasoning for the $1 tickets.

dazwalsh

dazwalsh

• 438 posts
its bloody childish if you ask me .. deserves banning them kinda airlines because there is naff all profit doing that

actango

actango

• 56 posts

Originally posted by dazwalsh
its bloody childish if you ask me .. deserves banning them kinda airlines because there is naff all profit doing that

That comment was childish, its perfectly fair competition, it is definately simulating the real world, sure its annoying, but thats life.

aj_n

aj_n

• 75 posts

No its not, what, is the guy doing the $1 profits supposed to sit there and let the competition take his profits? Heck no, I'd do the same thing to get unwanted competition off... Like Tango said, thats life.:(

Crazy764

Crazy764

• 206 posts

Hey, (almost) anything is allowed in a free market. :(

DevSilv7

DevSilv7

• 52 posts
  • WLM ID:djs50fiftyone@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:Fifty50baller237
  • Yahoo ID:djs50fiftyone
Airlines do this in real life, what makes you think they arent going to do this in a game? In the early 80s when Frank Lorenzo had just taken over Continental, he offered $1 fares between Denver and Newark and many other cities. He did it not to turn a profit, but to make United, American and Delta leave those routes.

aj_n

aj_n

• 75 posts

Originally posted by DevSilv7
Airlines do this in real life, what makes you think they arent going to do this in a game? In the early 80s when Frank Lorenzo had just taken over Continental, he offered $1 fares between Denver and Newark and many other cities. He did it not to turn a profit, but to make United, American and Delta leave those routes.

Wow, I did not know that, thats pretty interesting, thanks for sharing!:(

StephenM

StephenM

• 987 posts
  • WLM ID:srkm@eircom.net
Try coming to Europe! Plenty of "Free" flights, then they slap on ?40 of "taxes and charges", a certain RYR got into trouble for that, as they made their profits off the taxes and charges!

Bowcrow

Bowcrow

• 16 posts
I think it's great - it's all tactics. You left the route. Profitable for the guy selling $1 tickets in the short term?? nope... but when he gets a good route to himself he will be making good coin

Brian;)

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts

Originally posted by Bowcrow
I think it's great - it's all tactics. You left the route. Profitable for the guy selling $1 tickets in the short term?? nope... but when he gets a good route to himself he will be making good coin

Brian;)

If thats his airline. If hes using "monkey air" to clear the route for his "real" airline, then its a problem. Even if it is just a tactic, as the airspace gets more crowded if everyone did this on one or tw oroutes, they'd all be ruined. Even if you succeed in getting airliens off your route, as soon as fares rise airlines will come back quickly.

DevSilv7

DevSilv7

• 52 posts
  • WLM ID:djs50fiftyone@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:Fifty50baller237
  • Yahoo ID:djs50fiftyone
What Monkey Air is doing right now is a classic tactic. Lorenzo called it 'Peanuts fares'. Their to go so low on the ticket prices that your competitors cant go any lower and are forced to leave the route. If you do this for too long, even your income will drop very steadily, but your competition will be forced to match or leave. Pretty soon this is going to happen all throughout our 'Europe' because of the ammount of carriers trying to serve all the major routes. If you look at LHR-CDG, its served 60x total. I dont think any other route in the game has that much frequency.

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts
RE:CDG-LHR

" I dont think any other route in the game has that much frequency. "

or that much omnkey buisness. The Brunswickbug is clearly alive, well, and being exploited.

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
I think your wrong on that one. I'd have to say that LAX-LAS or LAX-SFO has a real high number of total frequencies. I'm sure the $1 fares will start soon on a lot of routes. Let's hope that these people can cope.

[Edited on 6/22/2005 by drv4truk]

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts
LAX-LAS 59 freq 2014 seats
LAX-SFO 49 frq 1855 seats
LAX-BUR 104 freq 2200 seats (so thats where all thos LAX gates went!)
LAX-SJC 60 freq 1783 seats
LHR-MAN 69 freq 2360 seats

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users