33 replies to this topic

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Exactly, thank u Nathaniel. At least someone here agrees with me!!!!!

Nobody is trying to say its a bad idea, but honestly, even i suggested something similar to this and nobody agreed. So next time, maybe try to do some searching before posting something on the same issue, Air Canada.

And one more thing, no need to act as a moderator. I though u were a AE developer, yet i have heard nothing from u on what u proposed to make AE better and more enjoyable for everyone playing this game!!!!

Canadian

Canadian

AE Luver

• 347 posts
Ok, jeez, freaking calm down. I already said earlier, it was only a suggestion, I was mainly just out for others' opinions on the issue.

I said "lock thread" earlier because it was just turning into a flame-war, like a lot of the other threads on this forum.

It's the suggestion forum, people are free to give suggestions as they please. If you are against the idea, all you have to do is say "Bad idea, because...." there is no need to start flaming the original poster. I have witnessed this happening to other people who post suggestions. You are entitled to your own opinion, but not up to the point where you start flaming others to get your point across.

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my original post, I have just seen the long line-ups and thought it might be better for all of us if capacity is increased, but if we are all content then thats fine. I mainly suggested that because I thought it would be better for everyone. Obviously you can't ask for other people's opinions on this forum without being flamed.

actango

actango

• 56 posts
Whats up with you people, do you not get that this is a suggestion forum, and all suggestions are welcome, Im starting to think you guys just wait for a topic where you can pick on someone, which really is pathetic, grow up.

Canadian

Canadian

AE Luver

• 347 posts

Originally posted by Maestro69no need to act as a moderator. I though u were a AE developer, yet i have heard nothing from u on what u proposed to make AE better and more enjoyable for everyone playing this game!!!!

Because in that respect I have done most of my talking in the developer's forum and with other developers on AIM/MSN. And I have spoken in other threads with respect to the development of AE.

[Edited on 6/22/2005 by AirCanada]

actango

actango

• 56 posts

Originally posted by Maestro69
Exactly, thank u Nathaniel. At least someone here agrees with me!!!!!

Nobody is trying to say its a bad idea, but honestly, even i suggested something similar to this and nobody agreed. So next time, maybe try to do some searching before posting something on the same issue, Air Canada.

Sure they were, Nathaniel said:

"i dont think this is a great suggestion at all.. "

So yes, people were saying its a bad idea, get your facts straight!

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests

Originally posted by AirCanada
I said "lock thread" earlier because it was just turning into a flame-war, like a lot of the other threads on this forum.

does this go with 95% of other threads?? you seem to say:

"mod lock this thread" in almost everyone you post in

even if there is no need for it ...

[Edited on 6/22/2005 by Nathaniel]

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Tell me about it!!!! :(

Honestly, u need to learn that not everything here is the forums is about flaming people, yet u think it is!!!!

Thats the point im trying to get across, yet u are trying to negate the fact u do it!!!

Canadian

Canadian

AE Luver

• 347 posts
Nathaniel, you need to calm down a bit, and no, I do not post "lock this thread" in almost every thread I post in.

The ones I have said that in I have said because the situation gets a tad ugly, and I suggest locking them so they dont get uglier.

I'm considering a career as a police officer, so whenever something starts to get ugly, I tend to want to diffuse it before it gets worse.

actango

actango

• 56 posts

Originally posted by Maestro69
Tell me about it!!!! :(

Honestly, u need to learn that not everything here is the forums is about flaming people, yet u think it is!!!!

Thats the point im trying to get across, yet u are trying to negate the fact u do it!!!

Yet you are flaming him right now? Hmm, thats ironic...

Canadian

Canadian

AE Luver

• 347 posts
Ok, all of you cool it for a second.

I just noticed in the game that lines were long, and I simply brought up the topic for a brief discussion.

Reasons were given about why it was a bad idea, so I said "ok, it was only a suggestion", thereby seeing your point and ending the discussion.

Then Maestro (no offense towards you personally) started getting on my back about "tough luck, get over it" and stuff, so I suggested the topic be locked because I had seen your guys's point already and there was no need for further discussion on the matter.

When I see someone post something with multiple exlclaimation points I interpret that as someone yelling at me, so I took offense to his post, and suggested it be locked as it was turning into a flame war. On these forums, when someone starts yelling, everyone does so I thought we'd stop the tension in its tracks.

Again, sorry if I wasn't clear in my original post, I posted the topic because I had noticed this happening in the game and brought it up briefly. I had no idea it would turn into a yelling match.

[Edited on 6/22/2005 by AirCanada]

Crazy764

Crazy764

• 206 posts
Calm down people. No need to flame.

But nevertheless, I agree with those who said that this idea isn't so great. I think the focus in developing this game should be realism (since it is a simulation), and not making things easier for everyone.

That is also why I prefer adding cities to adding worlds or restricting number of airlines.

Canadian

Canadian

AE Luver

• 347 posts

Originally posted by Crazy764
Calm down people. No need to flame.

But nevertheless, I agree with those who said that this idea isn't so great. I think the focus in developing this game should be realism (since it is a simulation), and not making things easier for everyone.

That is also why I prefer adding cities to adding worlds or restricting number of airlines.

Thank you, finally a voice of reason. I just brought it up for discussion, opinions were stated, then Maestro started yelling at me, which was uncalled for. THAT is why I suggested it be locked because it was turning into a yelling match.

I only joined the game in version 2, so this is the longest I have seen the lines get, which is why I was wondering if anyone else thinks its too long, but I have seen everyones point. Again, no need to flame, as Crazy764 said.

I only said "lock thread" because I took offence to Maestro's post, because I interpreted it as if he was yelling at me, and I suggested it be locked to avoid it turning into a full-fledged flame-war.

Sunshine Airways CEO

Sunshine Airways CEO

• 568 posts

User's Awards

5    5      
I thought that with the introduction of the new aircraft system, aircraft queues would be divided up by model families.

With the introduction of the new used aircraft market, the lines should die down a bit. But that project has been pushed back :( We can just wait for airlines to start ordering massive amounts of aircraft to have the mfgs incrase production to the point to where they where in V1. I remember 12 month waits for DC-9-30s back before the new delivery system was in place.

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts
Good lord people.

This thread is now locked.

If you take offense to a post or want a thread locked: report it.

It is easy to misinterpret attitudes and intents on the internet. Even if you mean no harm or offense, always think about the worst way your post could be interpreted. Scratch that, it too damn complicated. PLAY NICE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users