It's too crowded!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

sfgiants13

sfgiants13

• 10 posts

Originally posted by Crazy764
In addition, make it harder for companies to declare bankrupcty. Airlines in the real world can't just click a button and be reset with $5 mil and two planes. If we make bankrupcty harder (limit the number of bankrupcties allowed, remove bankrupcty all together, etc.) the problem of overcrowding would solve itself too.

Or once they declare bankrupcty, block their IP so they can no longer control an airline.:( But seriously, a bit thing to solve the problem is to just add more airports. That really should be a priority right now. It would make a lot of people happy by reducing crowdedness (if that's even a word). Just my $.02.

Crazy764

Crazy764

• 206 posts

Originally posted by maurice

Originally posted by Crazy764
This game is about realism, not easiness.

You all have your mouths full when talking about realism... :)

Then why is it allowed to let people fly on 3 different continents without having hubs and without connecting those continents? :mad:

Then why is it allowed to have 60 frecuencies between 2 cities? :mad:

Then why an american based airline can fly between Paris - London or Tokio - Osaka? :mad:

Then why I cannot get higher prices than 125$ on a Madrid - Dakar without competition and have 200$ on a Madrid - Barcelona (45 minutes flight) with 40 frecuencies between the 15 airlines that are flying this route? :D

If this game is about realism, then we ALL should do it the real way.

I know this a beta game, but it is becoming insane...

My 2 cents... and sorry about this, but I had to say it.. :(

I agree with those points. :(

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts
So if the system is imperfect then we should have no system at all?

the demand calculation is imperfect. That is completely irrelevant ot the number of airlines flying.

"In addition, make it harder for companies to declare bankrupcty. Airlines in the real world can't just click a button and be reset with $5 mil and two planes. If we make bankrupcty harder (limit the number of bankrupcties allowed, remove bankrupcty all together, etc.) the problem of overcrowding would solve itself too. "

Airilnes now have to wait 2 real world weeks before restarting after bankruptcy.

As far as not having an airlines home nation be relevant, Miller has repeatedly said his vision of the game was of a truley open market with airilnes serving the region they could find hte most profit in. Thats why there is no wright ammendment, no DCA restrictions, no Bermuda II, and no 5 freedoms.

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:AeProjectManager
Those points would be valid if we were trying to directly simulate the exact world-wide airline industry, which we are not. Airline Empires is an experiment in capitalism, not heavy regulation as most of the world's countries insist on in order to maintain control.

Besides, I don't have the time to research and record the bilateral agreements between every nation in the world.

maurice

maurice

• 31 posts
I would say at least to look at the fares for some airports...

The other day i tried to simulate the Madrid - Dakar with an a319.
Air Ivoire does fly between Dakar and Paris with an A321.

But i always got on the negatives because the highest price was 125$!!! That means nobody is going to ever fly to Dakar (in fact that airport has nobody flying from/to)...

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:AeProjectManager
Once again, you must look to other airports than the most popular ones. One airline is all it would take to saturate a route between two cities. The name of the game is understanding which routes won't be profitable, and finding those that will.

I'm sure Delta would love a piece of the LAX-SFO market, but there's just too much capacity. Such is Airline Empires.

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts

Originally posted by maurice
I would say at least to look at the fares for some airports...

The other day i tried to simulate the Madrid - Dakar with an a319.
Air Ivoire does fly between Dakar and Paris with an A321.

But i always got on the negatives because the highest price was 125$!!! That means nobody is going to ever fly to Dakar (in fact that airport has nobody flying from/to)...

As I said before, the demand calculation is imperfect. That means on some routes more airlines will be be able to serve the route than in real life. On some routes the opposite will be true. Rather than lambast the game becuase you can't replicate some real world airlines routes, you need to adapt to the game world as best you can.

hazof3dd

hazof3dd

• 34 posts
i think the issue is this:
in real world, when a market is oversaturated, airlines stear clear
in this game, when a market is oversaturated, you have new airlines (because most oversaturated markets are the short-ranged ones), moving in and charging in most cases, rediculous prices. I have been trying to get rid of my B1900Ds as fast as possible since out of 1300 airlines in the game i could guess that 1000 of these operate soley those short routes. i was rearanging my routes on my 757-300 and it was impossible to find a route in the US that would make me a decent amount of money. I did eventually play around with things and came up with some decent routes, but not nearly what it could be

cufcskim

cufcskim

• 21 posts

It's overcrowded, I can't make profits, there too much competion!

Boooo f%$king hooo!

It's a airline biz sim.

There are routes out there if you look away from the "usual" suspects or use your brain.

My airline, although not a super stellar performer, is making a profit each month and the profit margin is increasing month by month.

Overcrowded by big hairy yellow butt. More like a lack of understanding about the world of competion.

[Edited on 6/23/2005 by cufcskim]

[Edited on 6/23/2005 by cufcskim]

watchdog

watchdog

Senior AE Manager

• 534 posts

Once again, you must look to other airports than the most popular ones. One airline is all it would take to saturate a route between two cities. The name of the game is understanding which routes won't be profitable, and finding those that will.

I'm sure Delta would love a piece of the LAX-SFO market, but there's just too much capacity. Such is Airline Empires.

miller quote here and other in this post is interesting
Posted Image

Reno

Reno

AE Know It All

• 108 posts
Sorry to sound like an ass, but please quit bumping up old topics, or at least add *BUMP* before your post, tends to get annoying. Fleas getting to ya?
Posted Image
Reno Express: 11676

:airplane
Current Fleet
3 X B1900D

#1 At Reno/Tahoe International Airport
http://www.renoexpressva.com

watchdog

watchdog

Senior AE Manager

• 534 posts

Sorry to sound like an ass, but please quit bumping up old topics, or at least add *BUMP* before your post, tends to get annoying. Fleas getting to ya?

hey jerk

this post was 2-years ago Jun 23rd, 2005,

it was interesting to read and thought others may also like to see millers views

now jerk, i will scratch on u so all my pedagree fleas jump on u and itch you to death

so shut up and do not slander at me jerk
Posted Image

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
watchdog, try to be nice. This is a forum to discuss, not instigate trouble :)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users