Photo

This player has HACKED GATES (LGA Minus 3,680) ???

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

watchdog

watchdog

Senior AE Manager

• 534 posts
Why is this players gate usage showing MINUS 3,680 gates in LGA ?

Take a look at

Posted Image

this player is

Posted Image
Posted Image

testaj

testaj

• 10 posts
Actually, its not his fault. Its mine. He was advising on a project I was working on. If this is his account, its entirely my fault.

I've been in discussion with the moderators about the subject and action is being taken to correct it.

Mods: Please do not disable the account to this airline. It is not his fault. It is ENTIRELY my doing. I'm more than happy to explain how this occurred if someone wants to hear it.

thehighflyer

thehighflyer

• 162 posts
  • WLM ID:dangould747@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:fa059
  • Yahoo ID:dangould2000@yahoo.co.uk
  • Skype Name:dangould2000
well, go on then :P
Posted Image Posted Image

Based at MAN, ID: 11428

babe_rachel

babe_rachel

• 101 posts
  • WLM ID:ajaxair_rachel@hotmail.com

Actually, its not his fault. Its mine. He was advising on a project I was working on. If this is his account, its entirely my fault.

I've been in discussion with the moderators about the subject and action is being taken to correct it.

Mods: Please do not disable the account to this airline. It is not his fault. It is ENTIRELY my doing. I'm more than happy to explain how this occurred if someone wants to hear it.

Well.... what kind of project??? Cause I don't think people will like this with your projects... Is that the reason why there are so many LGA gates available???

and what about Munich... also your project???
Posted ImagePosted Image

watchdog

watchdog

Senior AE Manager

• 534 posts

So you Hacked this other players account too? What else you HACKED????

Sounds like Fishy Business and Both MUST be BANNED as all you are doing is wrecking the game for honest players
Posted Image

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Torque and/or Miller will take the appropriate action, if need be.

The question i have though are:
- Why did u guys play around with this project on the current game, in the first place?
- Did u honestly expect people wouldnt notice?

I dont know what u guys were doing, but its not like no one was going to notice. Its quite dissappointing that people decide to do this things, for certain reasons, and the end result is that some people get disadvantaged do to it.

U guys need to consider the consequences next time. Becuase quite frankly, if u want to be the best, u dont need any programs to get there...

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

testaj

testaj

• 10 posts
Nope, not munich.

Hey, I understand now, thats why I've posted about it in a couple of places and I'm talking to the mods.

I dont want to go to in depth because of stuff previously mentioned. The was no malicious intent. The gate thing at LGA was my fault because I didn't properly code a section in what I was working on....it was oversight....its the same reason someone else is able to do the same to Munich..the process designed in AE is somewhat flawed.

I'd be interested if you could find people with negative gates at MUC....

oh yeah, to answer Maestros q's:

1) Is there any historic games available?
2) I'll send you a PM about how this happened if you want. I didn't try anything illegal or cheating with this. It was an absolute accident and caused by a little sloppiness and laziness in programming...

thehighflyer

thehighflyer

• 162 posts
  • WLM ID:dangould747@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:fa059
  • Yahoo ID:dangould2000@yahoo.co.uk
  • Skype Name:dangould2000
question,

What on earth did you think you were doing messing with the game's programming anyway?
Posted Image Posted Image

Based at MAN, ID: 11428

testaj

testaj

• 10 posts
Actually...its impossible to mess with the games programming without access to the server...or, I suppose you could hack into the server and get access, but thats way beyond my knowledge.

There was no messing with any programming AE has. I wrote a completely independant application to help manage my airline (and this person mentioned at the start of this thread was helping my by giving me ideas). The purpose of this second application was to make our jobs a little easier. Actually, the thing that got it started was we both wanted a way to store our daily statistics for each airplane and route. With this information, we could look back and see what our routes had done historically. Also, we could tag different routes as "favorites" so that if we had to remove the airplane to place on a more profitable route, we would have this information for when we got more airplanes.

Its a pretty simple idea that would make life easier. Its functionality that I hope gets included in future releases.

Another functionality I was working on had to do with buying and selling gates with other players. Currently is a dangerous task trading gates. You release the gates and someone who is monitoring the gate page may very well be there to snatch it before the trader gets it. The process I was working on basically logged in player 1, released the gate, logged in player 2 and purchased the gate. All within about 13 seconds.

I'm hoping this kind of transfer is possible in version 3.

Oh yeah, this application was very much so in a test phase. I was hoping to have it readily available for all sometime soon. However, progress has slowed....being that I chose to be an idiot at some time and do something dumb.....

Alex_Stankevitch

Alex_Stankevitch

• 379 posts
In version 3 I think we would all hope for a public market for Gates. That would make life easier...
Posted Image
ID:10979

Our Stats

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
I would hope that TestaJ and any associates that have been playing with the database would be treated fairly. The same way Nathaniel was treated. Complete Ban. Testing is no excuse.
Posted ImagePosted Image

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
What did nathaniel do anyways...other than be incredibly mean/insensitive...cause I haven't heard the story...
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Aircraft Owned: ATR-72s, Saabs, EMB-195LRs, A319s, 1 Q400, and A330s
ANA-The Pinnacle of Japanese Aviation (Kickin off at ORD) -An ACE Alliance Member / エイス アラヤンス メンバー全日空
ID#:10917

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

What did nathaniel do anyways...other than be incredibly mean/insensitive...cause I haven't heard the story...

Use the Search function :P

testaj

testaj

• 10 posts

I would hope that TestaJ and any associates that have been playing with the database would be treated fairly. The same way Nathaniel was treated. Complete Ban. Testing is no excuse.

okay...second time....there was no messing, playing, screwing around with, or any term you want to use with the programming/database of the AE application.

Hey, I don't really care what happens. If I get to play again, I do, if not, I don't. I've offered help to the AE programmers because it appears they need it. The flaws that create these so called "bugs" are very simple to get rid of.

Canadian

Canadian

AE Luver

• 347 posts

The process I was working on basically logged in player 1, released the gate, logged in player 2 and purchased the gate. All within about 13 seconds.

Thats the fastest you can do? It can be done in less than half the time by hand. :mad:

EDIT: I agree with PSA- Testing is no excuse. You have now screwed up the game for the rest of us. Messing with the game, (doesn't matter which side of the server the code is on) should NOT be tolerated.

I won't tell Miller or TW what to do, but in their situation, I'd do a complete ban.

testaj

testaj

• 10 posts

Thats the fastest you can do? It can be done in less than half the time by hand. :mad:

EDIT: I agree with PSA- Testing is no excuse. You have now screwed up the game for the rest of us. Messing with the game, (doesn't matter which side of the server the code is on) should NOT be tolerated.

I won't tell Miller or TW what to do, but in their situation, I'd do a complete ban.

Thats a possibility, but you're already logged in, that's the time consuming part, it takes about 3 seconds to log each player in....

As for the rest, yeah, whatever, like I said, don't really care....i forget how computer inept some people may be...there was no messing with the game logic.....

sq_a380

sq_a380

AE Luver

• 409 posts
WWA has $1,000,000,000.00 removed from his account alrdy

watchdog

watchdog

Senior AE Manager

• 534 posts
Looks like SAN (San Diego) is also in minus so WTF is happening, it is about time Miller and TW placed a FULL Period Stop to these hacks
Posted Image

FlyNCL

FlyNCL

• 307 posts
'Bots' like these shouldn't really be allowed, there's no need for them and they take fun out of the game, among other things...
Join #AirlineEmpires on QuakeNet and chat with the AE community now! If you visited the channel and liked it, please put a notice like this in your signature!

Troll

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com
It looks like there is more than just a hack, I see another post of Negitive gates and in the Beta testing Program went to buy a few gates and ended up with massive slots, and there is a new post with the same issue, so TW and Miller I hope you take the time to look into it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users