U.S. Gates - There are none left!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
lol...not everyone can be like nwa and own almost all the gates at msp...ya gotta build your own terminal (dtw)
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Aircraft Owned: ATR-72s, Saabs, EMB-195LRs, A319s, 1 Q400, and A330s
ANA-The Pinnacle of Japanese Aviation (Kickin off at ORD) -An ACE Alliance Member / エイス アラヤンス メンバー全日空
ID#:10917

aerospaceair

aerospaceair

• 127 posts
I have to say that the only reason I started up a terminal in CVG in year 2 was to get the gates on the east coast before they were all gone. I succeeded in getting all except for EWR which were taken up quickly.

Canadian

Canadian

AE Luver

• 347 posts
I wish my airline was rich enough to build a terminal LOL...but we'll get there eventually :P

Dos

Dos

• 65 posts
  • WLM ID:dos@dosday.com
  • Yahoo ID:dosairways@yahoo.com
  • ICQ Number:2518787
My friends and I from ThaiCabinCrew.com forum started playing AE about a week ago. Everyone was so excited when getting to know this game. But sadly most of us have left because they could not play. Most routes had been taken and the prices were too competitive and almost impossible for us to keep our airlines alive.

One reason is that some rich airlines put large aircrafts with really really little prices on several routes. An example would be BKK-HKT. One airline put a price at $5. How could we get through the situation? We cannot move to a new route easily. We don't have money.

We don't want to be number one. We don't want to be famous. We just want to be a small part of the game that we all find interesting, fun and relate to our dreams in aviation world so that we can play and have it in our conversations.

Give us some place to stay I beg you for some chance to grow up.... please T_T
I wish you all the best.
Goodbye everybody.

Canadian

Canadian

AE Luver

• 347 posts
Yes, I find that really childish, the way the rich airlines create a loss for themselves just to hog gates or to saturate the market for the rest of us.

Brabes

Brabes

• 10 posts
We all need gates desperatly, well at least i do. I have a 328 thats bearly earning its worth 'cos there are no gates left in the US. Can't all the big airlines allow gates for smaller airlines do grow? It would make the game a lot more interesting, thats for sure.
I can't afford to build a terminal anywhere, i want to be a small airline.

dwellz

dwellz

Wells Air

• 50 posts
I am slowly drifting out of the U.S...... :P
Airline name: *Wells Air
ID number: 12977
Fleet: 3x Beech 1900D
On delivery: Nothing yet
Logo:Posted Image

*This is My new airline, I did not like "Oh what the HECK" anymore so i started a new one and quit that one :P

Canadian

Canadian

AE Luver

• 347 posts
dwellz, even outside of the US, its not any less crowded. Maybe Asia you'll find space, but North America and Europe are jam-packed.

Guest_leinahtan_*

Guest_leinahtan_*
  • Guests
no gates.. waht a big new problem... why does it keep being braught up?? everybody knows.. and if u look @ gates it will say 0.. doesnt reequire continuous threads each round..

n777co

n777co

• 14 posts
hey you small airlines like me have just got to look for who is selling gate like I just picked up a ORD and DEn gate.
UNITED, CONTINENTAL, AND U.S. AIRWAYS ARE THE BEST:airplane :D
Posted Image

Brabes

Brabes

• 10 posts
I'm based in miami though, im out of range of those airports. All the big airlines have taken gates at my nearby airports. Can't we stop new players from starting in america? Because there just gonna dissapear as soon as they start......

RmTrice

RmTrice

• 255 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:RmTrice07
Thats been a debate forever in this game. The fact is you're not gonna stop players from signing up and creating new airlines. Gates are gonna become scarce, thats part of the game and part of real life too. It sucks for my airline because i need to grow fast domestically if I hope to stick this out until the next reset, or start international flying.
Long live NWA!

Canadian

Canadian

AE Luver

• 347 posts
Well, the fact is, that's how its going to be. Noone ever said life was easy. No pain, no gain. :P

Besides, if the game was easy enough for everyone to order A333s and 747s within a few (real) days, it wouldn't be any fun.

dwellz

dwellz

Wells Air

• 50 posts
The U.S, is only proffitable in the begining of the round IMO
Airline name: *Wells Air
ID number: 12977
Fleet: 3x Beech 1900D
On delivery: Nothing yet
Logo:Posted Image

*This is My new airline, I did not like "Oh what the HECK" anymore so i started a new one and quit that one :P

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
As the same with Europe and many parts of Asia. Then its the fight for international routes.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

ANA-The Pinnacle of Japanese Aviation (Kickin off at ORD) -An ACE Alliance Member / エイス アラヤンス メンバー全日空

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts

The U.S, is only proffitable in the begining of the round IMO

That is so not true. If you build hub routes and stop trying to operate routes from every airport you own, you see what the benefits are and can still make a profit in most every route. While some are making no or very little profits on routes 100-350 miles, you can be making $125K-$250K on these same routes with a hub.

You have to balance the profits against load factor very carefully. I have seen many people that will keep the ticket prices lower or higher than others because they are trying to max profits (high ticket price) or max the load factor (low ticket price). If you have a good sized hub, you can have the high ticket price, still have high (85-98%) load factor and maintain profits much better than others.
Posted ImagePosted Image

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
...still its quite a challenge for the inexperienced. Or for those cities that have been taken over by higher ranking airlines. More cities are desperately needed to deal with the huge numbers of players.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Canadian

Canadian

AE Luver

• 347 posts
For that, we wait for V3... :)

RmTrice

RmTrice

• 255 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:RmTrice07

That is so not true. If you build hub routes and stop trying to operate routes from every airport you own, you see what the benefits are and can still make a profit in most every route. While some are making no or very little profits on routes 100-350 miles, you can be making $125K-$250K on these same routes with a hub.

You have to balance the profits against load factor very carefully. I have seen many people that will keep the ticket prices lower or higher than others because they are trying to max profits (high ticket price) or max the load factor (low ticket price). If you have a good sized hub, you can have the high ticket price, still have high (85-98%) load factor and maintain profits much better than others.

I'm very interested in learning more about developing the right hub structure. I know the basics of what's needed to be done, but for some reason I dont do it fast enough. I know you, PSA, have always grown incredibly fast at LAX while I seem to just be going slow and steady at DTW. Any strategic advice for the next startup round? Pm me if you dont wish to share it with other players. You know I wouldnt come close to your LAX (except for DTW routes) anyway. lol
Long live NWA!

Canadian

Canadian

AE Luver

• 347 posts
If you got any tips for me, PSA, I'd be glad to hear em too :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users