Photo

Looking for Guidance airline :)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

IrishTheLucky

IrishTheLucky

• 3 posts

Hello AE community, i am IrishTheLucky, a new player.
Familiar with airline-management games, I have always dreamed of running an airline.

But off to the main topic, I would love to start an airline here but not sure where to start. I would really appreciate it if someone could make me a very basic airline, and then give it to me, for me to learn the ropes. I love the factor of randomness, and would really appreciate it.

Thanks! Irish.

Arianka

Arianka

eternal sunshine

• 2,057 posts

User's Awards

5          11   

You do realise you really learn the basics if you start from scratch...right?

IrishTheLucky

IrishTheLucky

• 3 posts

You do realise you really learn the basics if you start from scratch...right?

yeah i did, i do know how the game works, just nothing i do seems to profit to a good degree...

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 397 posts

User's Awards

Make sure to start in S4E, which is the new player world where you will face less competition. Start in a secondary major airport, SLC is a good one. Create Scam IFS (all food options at max price, all amenities except headphones at max price).

6DAF18E9-01AB-4C75-BA89-CF609AFA4A8D.jpeg

JimBob1

JimBob1

AE Player

• 93 posts

Make sure to start in S4E, which is the new player world where you will face less competition. Start in a secondary major airport, SLC is a good one. Create Scam IFS (all food options at max price, all amenities except headphones at max price).

Why did you do that ?  You just told him the most profitable trick in the game.

Well, now that you know.......keep your routes short ( under 400 miles, 200 for best results ) because this works better the more flights you have. For scam IFS you also want the quality of all those options set to the worst because your basically scamming all your passengers.

IrishTheLucky

IrishTheLucky

• 3 posts

Alri

Why did you do that ?  You just told him the most profitable trick in the game.

Well, now that you know.......keep your routes short ( under 400 miles, 200 for best results ) because this works better the more flights you have. For scam IFS you also want the quality of all those options set to the worst because your basically scamming all your passengers.

Alright, thank you guys so much!!!

KMRobinson318

KMRobinson318

Not a spamliner

• 115 posts

Start with Tupolev Tu-214 and Ilyushin Il-96-400 as these are cheaper to acquire and can get you started quickly, although you'll want to replace them with the A320 and A330 families when you have enough of a cash flow. That's the strategy I use when getting started and I don't do any of that spamlining nonsense.

"I'm not ashamed of the things I've done; I took the plane when I should have run" - Stuart Adamson

TarquinShrapnel-Carruthers

TarquinShrapnel-Carruthers

Itinerant project manager

• 132 posts

User's Awards

3    3    3    3   

Hello AE community, i am IrishTheLucky, a new player.
Familiar with airline-management games, I have always dreamed of running an airline.

But off to the main topic, I would love to start an airline here but not sure where to start. I would really appreciate it if someone could make me a very basic airline, and then give it to me, for me to learn the ropes. I love the factor of randomness, and would really appreciate it.

Thanks! Irish.

I understand the attraction of picking up an existing airline but you won't learn anything that way. Start your own. 

Key advice from me:

• watch your cash
  • start slowly, growing too fast will put you in a doom-loop
  • stick with 1-2 aircraft types for the first few years

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users